Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Agree, Sis. I believe that these two just might be very, very sneaky. It appears that THEY could be manipulating information. The host on the radio show said that she called their office yesterday (I assume it was yesterday) and they were told that they are not supporting it and that it was media manipulation.

However, an excellent source is saying that THEY ANNOUNCED an "agreement" has been reached.

I will do my best to compose a letter for both of them, which maybe a lot of us could email to them right now. Back as soon as possible and wiil post it.

(I'm not feeling like I can write anything good right now, but I will just have to get past that.)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dear Senator Chambliss,

I am writing to you regarding the disasterous immigration bill which you will be voting on this Monday.

Conflicting reports seem to be coming out and people are hearing that you are going to support it and then we hear that you will not support it.

It is the hope of people from all over Georgia and the country that you will NOT SUPPORT THIS BILL!

This bill will reward 12 million illegal immigrants with a path to citizenship!!

What part of illegal does the Senate not understand? Any plan that rewards illegal behavior is amnesty. You would think that the Senate would have learned their lesson after the 1986 amnesty debacle, but it looks like their idea of a 'compromise' is to repeat the failed policies of the past."

It is our expectation that you will do what is in the best interest of the American people on Monday and that you will say NO to this disasterous piece of legislation.

Thank you in advance for supporting the will of the vast majority of the American people on Monday.

Sincerely,
    ~~~~~~
    PLEASE SAY NO TO THIS AMNESTY SCANDAL!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CHAMBLISS SAYS IMMIGRATION DEAL POSITIVE STEP BUT FINAL BILL MUST CONTAIN KEY PROVISIONS

May 17, 2007

WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., made the following statement regarding the bipartisan immigration deal announced today. Both Chambliss and his Georgia colleague, U.S. Senator Johnny Isakson, R-Ga., have been part of a group of senators meeting regularly to negotiate the agreement along with U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff and U.S. Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutierrez.

“The bipartisan immigration deal announced today is a step in the right direction toward reaching a final, comprehensive immigration bill. However, certain criteria must be met in order for this legislation to receive my final support. My top priority in this debate is border security, because if we do not secure the border then we will fail to address a serious national security issue and we will fail to prevent future illegal immigration. The bill must not include a new pathway to citizenship for people who have come here illegally; rather, those who have come here illegally must go home and get in the back of the line if they want to apply for a green card.

“Finally, any temporary worker program must be just that – temporary - and American workers and American wages must not be harmed by a temporary worker program. Employers must be provided with a fool-proof verification system to ensure that prospective employees are legal, and once a system is created, employers who refuse to verify the status of their employees or who knowingly hire illegal workers should be severely punished.

“The agreement reached today is an improvement from last year’s bill. The way you make good laws is to have people from both sides of the aisle come together, and this was a highly committed group that came together to work on these issues that aren’t in the best interest of any particular political party, but rather in the best interest of the American people.â€
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

LEGAL
    hope you don't mind...........I edited the TITLE of this thread so that anyone peaking in won't get confused.

Wise decision, Sis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12