Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I don't know about what was said at the rally but two of his books have chapters on illegal immigration and he is against it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    I don't know about what was said at the rally but two of his books have chapters on illegal immigration and he is against it.
    Yes , just like O'Reilly and others are against "illegal immigration" but the main question I think is their views on the ones already here.

"BTW, Glenn Beck supports some type of legalization"

I would like to see written or visual evidence of this assertion.

To quote him on immigration (April 28, 2010) "Shut the pie hole" and please progressives, spare us the endless hand wringing over trying to do the job the federal government won't do............... There are simple steps, three simple steps to solving this problem once and for all. Number one, secure the border, Number two enforce the law. Number three, encourage legal immigration to enrich us, enhance us and renew us."

He empathizes with the plight of the Mexican who wants a better life, but he does not endorse that Mexican the right of attaining that better life via illegal means.[/i]

Justthefacts wrote,

If your statement was true , what purpose would it serve to have Beck dumping all over the system and powers that be?
    This could go in many directions. Reverse psychology leaves many areas wide open to easy pickings.

Should you have the power and the cheap paper, then you can beat up on the assets of your desire to the point at which the assets are depreciated and thus the apples are plucked from easy arm's reach from the ground,....no ladder required.

It can help to divert attention from one area to another.

It can help to keep players in the system within the guidelines of what is desired. The pendulum swings both ways as does the double edged sword. Should you have reason to avoid such swings,....play ball, or you too could end up like the other guy who was just thrown to the gators.

In other words the technique can be implemented and played into many directions. The double agent also comes to mind. Devious tactics generally have alterior and obscene profits.

Should I wish to invest in a football team, If I had plenty of money, I would opt to invest in two teams. Then I would hire the bookmaker to work for me, and then hire Glenn Beck as the opinionated sports analysts. Should my profits not be to my expectations, I would fire Glenn, or the bookmaker, or both.

And,

Keep in mind that Becks message is not one of violent revolution or armed revolt.
    The goose comes to mind, as golden eggs are fragile at times.

and,

He has developed a huge following in a very short time , getting a few hundred thousand in one place in a few months has to mean something.
    Not everyone could have done that
    Perhaps a silk purse can be made from a sow's ear? (Beck does deserve some credit, afterall he does possess a silver tongue.)

and,

At this point he claims no political aspirations , so taking his message at face value
    With the money he is pulling down, why step up to the plate. His statement rings of farcical tones along the lines of reverse psychology. JMO

Banned
    I don't think greed plays into the picture

Afterall , he didn't have to spend the money on the deal he put on.

Again I revert back to his message

Why do most libs , neocons and some here disagree with it?

He isn't asking anyone to grab guns and storm the capitol

Quote Originally Posted by JBParrothead
    Glenn Beck is a clown, put on prime time TV to amuse the masses. He's nothing more than an actor, doing what he is told to do...going by a script to keep your attention focused on him and nothing else. There have been better people who have pointed out the short comings of this current administration and previous ones on a much smaller venue than Beck has and those others have paid the price for doing it....with the implosion of their careers, defamation of their character by the mainstream media, incarceration on trumped up charges and even death by mysterious circumstances and by strange accidents.

If Beck has been louder than all the rest and is allowed to stay loud, on the air and in your face with no apparent real backlash from this current admin, doesn't that raise a red flag on who he's really working for?

"Beware of false prophets..."

AMEN BROTHER!!!
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Banned
    What part of what he preaches is "false" ?

Perhaps it is the part that he very carefully does not preach?

Unfortuanely I don't know if we Americans will ever trust the motives of anyone again. As for Beck I have been watching him on and off for quite a while and at times I can't stand him and at other times I think he is great. I have been trying to figure him out for quite awhile and finally came to the conclusion that to a lot of us, watching him is like looking in a mirror. The shock and struggle to try and understand what has happened and what is happening to our country. How many times have I wanted to go screaming into the streets in outrage.

I don't think Beck has the answers, but has invited his viewers on his fact finding journey. I think he has put himself out their and made himself very vulnerable and like so many of us in moments of severe stress has turned to his faith.

Whatever his motives are I say thank you for what I went away with. The feeling of not being alone in my love for God and my country. The hope that not all is lost.

When I evaluate what Glenn Beck is and what I hear him espouse today, it brings to mind a discussion in the book of Mark between Jesus and John, one of his disciples.......and I quote...

Mark 9:38 - "And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in they name, and he followeth not us; and we forbad him, because he followeth not us".

Mark 9:39 - "But Jesus said, Forbid him not for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

Mark 9:40 - "For he that is not against us is on our part".

Note that Jesus did not say....go tell him to join us, or......let's go join him. He basically said, leave him alone.

Interestingly enough both Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck were born and baptized Roman Catholics. She, is now of the Pentecostal persuasion and he that of the Mormon faith.

Glenn Beck is not right all the time and far from perfect. He knows that and admits it freely and often enough. He also knows we serve a merciful God.....like every morning when he looks in the mirror.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast