Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthIllegal
    There will never be peace until the self serving, hateful, greedy, and political religions are abolished.
    And you seriously believe that if there sudenly were no religions, the world would be peaceful? Based on human history, do you really believe that Man is peaceful by nature? I think that's rather a naive view. People would still be as self serving, hateful, greedy, and violent as they are and have always been. If there was no religion, they would just find another way to justify their misdeeds.

Religions are of and by Man. Religons are a reflection of Man and his nature. Yes, bad things have been done in the name of God and religion, but it is Man who has done them. Take a look at the original concepts of most major world religions and you'll see that they are good. Yes, they have been misunderstood and/or perverted many times by men, but religions have also done, and continue to do, much good for people the world over. Eliminating them altogether would be throwing out the baby with the bath water. Since religions are of and by Man, they are just like Man and most human beings, not all good and not all bad. It's not black and white, but grey. It would be nice if the world were that simple, but it's not.
    No pat...I don't think that was his point to end all religioun. Acctually I think you made is point very well...not sure if that is what you ment to do...

Quote Originally Posted by hardlineconstitutionalist
    There will never be peace until the self serving, hateful, greedy, and political religions are abolished.
    And you seriously believe that if there sudenly were no religions, the world would be peaceful? Based on human history, do you really believe that Man is peaceful by nature? I think that's rather a naive view. People would still be as self serving, hateful, greedy, and violent as they are and have always been. If there was no religion, they would just find another way to justify their misdeeds.

Religions are of and by Man. Religons are a reflection of Man and his nature. Yes, bad things have been done in the name of God and religion, but it is Man who has done them. Take a look at the original concepts of most major world religions and you'll see that they are good. Yes, they have been misunderstood and/or perverted many times by men, but religions have also done, and continue to do, much good for people the world over. Eliminating them altogether would be throwing out the baby with the bath water. Since religions are of and by Man, they are just like Man and most human beings, not all good and not all bad. It's not black and white, but grey. It would be nice if the world were that simple, but it's not.
    No pat...I don't think that was his point to end all religioun. Acctually I think you made is point very well...not sure if that is what you ment to do...

Yep, I said what I meant and meant what I said. It's nice to know we agree then.

Not to nitpick, but doesn't where he wrote, "There will never be peace until. . . religions are abolished," mean end all religions?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by hardlineconstitutionalist

Yep, I said what I meant and meant what I said. It's nice to know we agree then.

Not to nitpick, but doesn't where he wrote, "There will never be peace until. . . religions are abolished," mean end all religions?
    I see hateful greedy and political... but I guess if you throw in hypocritical...that would just about take care of them all...

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Man does not need things like the Ten Commandments because it is just common sense. Of course you aren't going to kill, but Christians get to because they are forgiven anyway.
    Wouldn't it be better served to include: Muslims, Jews, Mormons, pagans....? Really, many go to war, or kill indiscriminately, and then attempt to justify it.

Here is something to ponder (and some not so popular verses...left all together so nothing is taken out of context):

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

God will deal with those who have commanded or started wars that were unjustified (there have been plenty), BUT, how can you lump all Christians in with leaders who may have claimed themselves to be Christians? If you are an educated person, and expect people not to lump together all progressives as being subjects of disgust (by those of us who have experienced plenty of nasty progressives) or for those who say we should not claim all Muslim followers want to kill non-Muslims, then to do the same about Christians is actually being un-progressive.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In law there is law that is deemed "unenforceable law". Man does not come into being with much of a built in "good guy" genetic code. In fact man is an easy mark for most other creatures and basically pretty easy to kill for predation. Man has a basic instinct for survival only. That does not leave much room for anything else.

God (or what ever you chose to call it or him) has become a mediator for words and books that attempt to parametrize how a man "should" live. There are many instances where "should" live simply will not apply. Most of the Christian bible are words handed down my men that claim to have had a contact with God or are handing down words from a man that makes this claim. The term God has been turned into a metaphor that can mean anything from spiritual nature to providing legitimacy for war and conquer.

The bible is a fun book to read and study. But the ability to use biblical scriptures in any way a person chooses becomes the question. Whether good of heart or demon possessed...it is a judgment call on the words a person hears and accepts to follow.

Any man can make a law. Any man can write a scripture. What a man believes in his heart is the key.

well...it was just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    I think what Glenn is trying to teach us is that our founding fathers were religous men and their principals are the back bone of this country....

Progressives have been trying to take GOD out of everything for the past 90 years...what is happening in this country is not just about PC, it is about removing "In God we trust" from our money..."Merry Christmas" the "ten Commandents" from government building etc. anything that has to do with GOD...

why? because if you do not believe in GOD or the ten commandments then you are free to do what ever you want with out a guilty concience.

Progressives denounce Christ at every turn, this way they don't have to feel guilty supporting abortion or anything else on their agenda.

I believe it is everyones right to believe however they choose but this great country was built on Christian values...this is what Glenn is trying to teach (History), this has been taken out of the school books used as tools for our childrens education.
    What? So because I don't believe in God, I am suddenly not able to have a guilty conscious? Last time I checked, having a guilty conscious is something most mentally stable humans have with or without a "GOD". You have religious people who believe in GOD doing morally questionable things everyday. So no, you don't need to believe in a so called "GOD" to have a conscious - to be human.

You have a right to believe in what ever you want...I was not referring to any one person..I only meant a lot of people try to live by the Ten Commandments, you can not group all people in anyone group..

NOW, all of this religion talk just separates people, everyone has a right to believe what ever or who ever they want...the fact is Glenn Beck has a right to talk about what ever he wants, I happen to like and enjoy him, since we live ( at least for the present time) still in a free country YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE YOUR CHANNEL and ignore him!

But bashing him to a lot of people in a forum where a lot of people like him and listen to him everyday is just not necessary..."CHANGE THE CHANNEL". and dividing people over religion is also not necessary, we are the "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" we can believe how ever you want!

I will not address this thread again, we have more important things to accomplish, which is the reason we are here "Illegal Immigration", not to fight over a subject people have been fighting about for century's and never managed to solve....but don't divide alipacers. !
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

RELIGION...NOT GOD...divides people.

I think this is a point that is SO IMPORTANT to make!!!!

If you look at God as an entity with feelings...it becomes very clear that He has been used and abused right along with everyone else where radical religious ideology has been used to hurt control invade conquer abuse molest and mislead for political and financial profit...

This was why God and man were to be a one on one thing and not organized for power. Power ALWAYS becomes abusive.

Quote Originally Posted by xfighter
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    I think what Glenn is trying to teach us is that our founding fathers were religous men and their principals are the back bone of this country....

Progressives have been trying to take GOD out of everything for the past 90 years...what is happening in this country is not just about PC, it is about removing "In God we trust" from our money..."Merry Christmas" the "ten Commandents" from government building etc. anything that has to do with GOD...

why? because if you do not believe in GOD or the ten commandments then you are free to do what ever you want with out a guilty concience.

Progressives denounce Christ at every turn, this way they don't have to feel guilty supporting abortion or anything else on their agenda.

I believe it is everyones right to believe however they choose but this great country was built on Christian values...this is what Glenn is trying to teach (History), this has been taken out of the school books used as tools for our childrens education.
    What? So because I don't believe in God, I am suddenly not able to have a guilty conscious? Last time I checked, having a guilty conscious is something most mentally stable humans have with or without a "GOD". You have religious people who believe in GOD doing morally questionable things everyday. So no, you don't need to believe in a so called "GOD" to have a conscious - to be human.
    Thank you!! So many people think that religion is the base for moral obligations. It is NOT! Humans know what is right or wrong. Religion for hundreds of years has used their moral high ground to justify killing people. Not very Godly if you ask me. I mean hell, let's look at health care. Technically, if one was a real Christian then they would want to make sure that their fellow man is healthy, and has the RIGHT to healthcare. But nooo, they want to believe Beck and Feux News to GIVE them their opinions. Christians are no longer christians, and if the Bible were actually true, then they would be the first ones to be cleansed by God for not following his word, at least according to the same book that they hold so dear.

And yes Judy and others, this INCLUDES Muslims, Jews, etc. Either religion needs to be abolished, or the people that follow these religions need to actually start listening to the books that they use to sin against man.
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast