Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GM India plans new launches, mass hiring for 2009

http://blog.taragana.com/n/gm-india-pla ... 009-10556/

GM India plans new launches, mass hiring for 2009

Ians January 22nd, 2009

NEW DELHI - General Motors India has chalked out ambitious plans for 2009, including new launches, developing powertrain facility and mass
    hiring for its research and development centre, a top official said here Friday.

GM India president and managing director Karl Slym said the company was in the final stages of launching compressed natural gas (CNG) and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) variants of its cars.

GM India is also setting up a new powertrain facility in Maharashtra for manufacturing indigenously developed diesel and petrol engines.

Slym said the company has already tied up with another firm for integrating CNG and LPG kits in its vehicles.

The car maker, which captured an additional half a percent market share in 2008 taking its tally to 3.4 percent of the Indian passenger car market, is planning to launch its new compact - the Chevrolet Cruise - this fiscal.

The Cruise, first demonstrated at the Paris Motor show in 2008, will be launched by the middle of 2009, while its small car will be launched by the year-end, Slym said.

Not just that, the Detroit-based auto giant also has plans to launch its Cadillac brand of vehicles in India. However, it has shelved the launch of the Hummer for the time due to the economic slowdown, Slym said.

‘Our short term strategy is to sustain the bailout package and reduce our debts while the long term strategy will be centred around our products, plan and skill,’ Slym said.

GM currently has two plants operating at Halol in Gujarat and at Telegaon in Maharashtra, respectively. The company is developing the Telegaon plant for manufacturing the powertrains.

‘We will also hire 300 engineers for research and development at our Bangalore technical centre for working on the powertrain technology being developed here,’ he said.

also read:

http://www.southasiablog.com/2009/06/ne ... bleak.html

A top Indian IT industry executive said that currently a large Indian IT firm employs around 18000 employees at its US branch office of which, only 1000 are US citizens and green card holders. If the firms have to hire more US citizens then it would not be profitable for them anymore. However, there are a number Indian IT firms that are hiring American citizens but the number of American employees is still very small. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) increased its number of local recruitments in recent years but the number of local citizens hired by the firm is still around 10,000 globally. After the news came out, TCS officials did not comment on the matter.

http://advice.cio.com/stephanie_overby/ ... utsourcing

Wed, Apr 9, 2008 15:43 EDT

Chrysler Stakes Turnaround on IT Outsourcing
    Posted by: Stephanie Overby in News

Chrysler made news in Motown with its announcement that several hundred technology workers would lose their jobs as it moves ahead with plans to outsource more IT.

Shortly after the headline appeared in the Detroit Free Press, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) issued a press release Friday announcing that it bagged a deal to deliver IT application and maintenance support services from "various locations around the world as well as the recently announced TCS Seven Hills Park domestic delivery center outside Cincinnati, Ohio and through a locally recruited team in the Detroit, Michigan region."

We're being sold out by the seconds by the billions.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I work for a large corporation in Washington, DC. My department has just learned that we will be laid off and our jobs will be off-shored to India at the end of summer. Our replacements in India are currently being trained. How does laying off American workers and off-shoring their jobs to third-world countries help our economy? I guess this is a part of globally redistributing the wealth.

India bought out British Royal Enfield motorcycles. I guess companies like Victory motorcycles in Vegas took over the American's share of market though. Innovation is key baby. Just start a new company and out do em.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

I'm curious as to How many GM & Chrysler plants in the United States will be closed, and re-opened in India, Mexico ect.?
    The Govt. has outsourced ALL Americas manufacturing, as a result WE have to depend on other countries. It use to be the other way around, now we are on the "Same level" as them.
    The middle class is almost gone, and the Elitist in Washington are loving it.
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

The criminals in charge have robbed our bank accounts, our retirement accounts and are now de-industrializing the USA by moving all of our factories and plants off shore as well as all of our wealth. Here's the "CHANGE" everyone squealed for and now they're getting it from behind, from an ILLEGAL ALIEN at the helm to add insult to injury! Our Congress is useless, filled with neutered political wh0res who have no sense of duty to this country or to its people. The few who are left in Congress who ARE fighting in the best interests for the American people, this country, culture and Constitution need to unite and form a separate entity away from Washington, DC.

For those who worked hard all of their lives, did without to put some money away to be self sufficient in their retirement years have been ROBBED and that money they saved for 40 -50 years has been handed over to those who didn't work for a living or do without to build anything!Why are Americans just sitting on their a$$es letting this happen to them?
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

We have a Saturn Vue, thanks goodness Penski bought Saturn so we don't even have to take this car to a GM dealer to have it repaired. I swear I will never buy another GM can again.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas