Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No way are we safe.

Obama is playing it very, very smart to ensure the best possible result in November for Dems. He is doing what he promised his base.
    1. He got health care passed. Even if it was not what most Dems wanted, it is better than nothing.
    2. The Dems passed the jobs bill.
    3. The Dems are passing a reform student loan bill.
    4. The Dems are passing a financial system reform bill.
    5. The Dems are passing a real help to regular Americans in foreclosure bill.

So we must expect the will do something on immigration. He may not go for full amnesty. Rather he may try and get the Dream Act passed. He may also push to amnesty for kids brought here by their parents, as he will contend " they were not at fault". That, of course, means it is easier for these kids to bring in their illegal parents legally.

There is obviousy a problem in the House with passing any immigration reform. Pelosi has said she will not introduce any bill unless the Senate has already passed it. She does not want to pressure Dems in the House to vote for it, and possibly putting their seats in jeopardy in Nov, if the Senate is just going to block it.

The Blue Dog Dems have already stuck their necks out on health care. They would probably be the biggest block to passing any amnesty bill.

But Obama made promises to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus and he is going to keep them.

So we need to on our toes.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

MW
    GoodOldDays wrote:

It was Bush and most of the Republicans who tried to pass amnesty last time.
    You're dead wrong - MOST of the Republicans in the U.S. Congress did not try to pass an amnesty. It was the opposite - MOST Republilcans did not support amnesty during the last two attempts. Credit needs to be given when and where due. Fact: The majority of Democrats support amnesty and the majority of Republicans are against it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW wrote:

You're dead wrong - MOST of the Republicans in the U.S. Congress did not try to pass an amnesty. It was the opposite - MOST Republilcans did not support amnesty during the last two attempts. Credit needs to be given when and where due. Fact: The majority of Democrats support amnesty and the majority of Republicans are against it.
    We are just going to have to agree to disagree on that. The majority of Republicans said they were against it, but not until the extent of outrage was evident. They were working behind the scenes with lobbyists and big business to pass it. I think it was Jeff Sessions who stood all alone arguing against it, and when it was defeated then there were a bunch of folks getting their picture taken as though they opposed it from the beginning.

We cannot trust these people. The bill was actually written by McCain, Kennedy, Graham, Chambliss and Isakson, most are RINOS. Jeff Flake also supported it, but behind the scenes there were many who promised to support it but had to then change their vote because of constituent outrage.

I went to an Immigration Forum put on by an amnesty group Immigration Works. I have a small business and went as though I was on their page. Lawyers and business owners were there from all over the country, and they were shocked that it failed because they HAD the votes long before the bill was even crafted. They were trying a different approach, one that included the notion that illegal labor was good for us and for our economy. Actually, it is only good for those who profit from slave labor.

Even the Repubs who are about to lose their jobs will vote for this, because they will be rewarded in their after work life by the forces behind this invasion - jobs as consultants or lobbyists or empty office fronts while on the golf course but payments nonetheless for their treason.

MW
    GaPatriot wrote:

We are just going to have to agree to disagree on that. The majority of Republicans said they were against it, but not until the extent of outrage was evident. They were working behind the scenes with lobbyists and big business to pass it. I think it was Jeff Sessions who stood all alone arguing against it, and when it was defeated then there were a bunch of folks getting their picture taken as though they opposed it from the beginning.
    There is nothing to agree or disagree about. It's a fact that most Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate are against amnesty. Sen. Sessions was not alone in standing against the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007. He was the main spokesperson against amnesty, but he was not alone. Actually, Senators Jim DeMint, Jeff Sessions, and David Vitter (all Republicans) led the opposition to the bill.

The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006 (S.2611) was stopped dead in it's tracks after passing the Senate with a majority of Democrat votes. The U.S. House Republicans were overwhelmingly against the bill and Rep. Sensenbrenner (R-WI), chairman of the House Judiciary Committee stopped it from coming up for a vote in the House.

Additionally, with the exception of Rep. Shuler's SAVE Act (mandated E-verify), all bills over the last few years that are considered anti-illegal alien by our opponents have been introduced by Republicans.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

this is a very long link but it is about amnesty who voted for it way back to 2006 it just goes to show you that many are for some sort of amnesty..and what they said about...

U.S. SENATORS WHO VOTED 'NO' ON S.2611, AGAINST AMNESTY ... 32 R 4 D
    Senators' Websites ^ | May 29, 2006 | La Enchiladita

Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 11:08:27 PM by La Enchiladita

What follows is a listing of the Senators who voted AGAINST the S. 2611 amnesty bill. I have expanded the list to include each Senator's comments specific to the legislation, where available, and listed the link to their e-mail address or contact form.

I have now sent a message of "Thank You" and support to each one. I hope many of you will want to do the same in greater of lesser degree, perhaps contacting only your own Senator and a few others, hopefully all. I tried to make it *easy* for you.

WHY DO SO? Many of these Senators will be in 'conference' with House members and need to know they did the right thing and please continue. 'Thank You' is an affirmation to all that they did the right thing if and when similarly unacceptable legislation returns to the Senate for a vote.

Or, please add your thoughts of why this is a good action.

Just Piper has researched and compiled similar information on members of the House Immigration Caucus, for which I hope she will create a thread also when we know who will be conferees.

[quote]
    U.S. Senator Lamar Alexander (R-TN)

“This bill has been greatly improved, but does not do enough to secure our borders to allow me to vote yes,â€

MW
    Kathyet wrote:

this is a very long link but it is about amnesty who voted for it way back to 2006 it just goes to show you that many are for some sort of amnesty..and what they said about...
    Thanks for helping to prove my point, Kathy.

A fair number of those Republicans who voted against the bill had given verbal support prior to the release. They promised many, many people and the pro-amnesty group were assured it would pass.

Remember, GWB was in Europe and he remarked sarcastically, "I'll see you at the bill signing".

Even those my senators, Chambliss and Isakson actually wrote the bill, they also voted against it for fear of repercussions.

GWB would NEVER have made that comment if he did not have behind the scenes support. I know that Elizabeth Dole was one of those traitors behind the scenes. I heard that remark from the business leaders and immigration attorneys at the Immigration Works forum. In fact, I secretly taped this forum, but have since lost it after the bill failed. I wish I had kept it.

MW
    GaPatriot wrote:

A fair number of those Republicans who voted against the bill had given verbal support prior to the release. They promised many, many people and the pro-amnesty group were assured it would pass.
    Regardless of what anyone says, it's the vote that matters most in the end. According to what you're saying, the system worked exactly how it's designed to (elected politicians listening to their constituents). What I mean is, the Republicans that you say were for it and voted against it actually listened to their constituents. Too bad the Democrats that voted for the health care bill didn't listen to theirs.

With all that said though, I'm still not moving from my original statement that most Republicans in the U.S. Congress are against amnesty in any form.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    GaPatriot wrote:

Regardless of what anyone says, it's the vote that matters most in the end. According to what you're saying, the system worked exactly how it's designed to (elected politicians listening to their constituents). What I mean is, the Republicans that you say were for it and voted against it actually listened to their constituents. Too bad the Democrats that voted for the health care bill didn't listen to theirs.

With all that said though, I'm still not moving from my original statement that most Republicans in the U.S. Congress are against amnesty in any form.

Sure right now they all want to get re-elected....they will say, do and promise anything to that end...again I repeat they all lie and say one thing then they do something entirely different when elected..but hey believe what you will...what did PT Barnum say"there is a sucker born every minute"

KICKTHEMALLOUT!!!

Kathyet

The system has become so corrupted that we need term limits to get these people out. People shouldn't be in the House or Senate for 30 friggin' years for God's sake!! We need citizen legislators that will listen to their constituents.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast