Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    SNIP

Earlier today, Sen. David Vitter's (R-La.) amendment, which passed by voice vote today, would prevent further delays in the implementation of the "no-match" rule, which allows the Social Security Administration to send letters notifying employers that the Social Security number and personal data of certain employees don't match SSA records (almost always because they are illegal aliens). On July 8, the Obama Administration announced it would rescind the Bush-era no-match rule. Sen. Vitter's amendment would overturn that action.

SNIP
    The ACLU, the Chamber, and others, have previously filed court action against the No-Match Rule. I'm not exactly sure what the Vitter amendment accomplishes. At best, it could expedite resolution of the standing court -order against implementation of the No-Match letters.

Please clarify with any additional information..thanks

[b]SUMMARY OF U.S. DEPT. OF HOMELAND SECURITY 2008 SUPPLEMENTAL FINAL RULE
    “Safe Harbor Procedures for Employers Who Receive a No-Match
    Letter: Clarification; Final Regulatory Flexibility Analysisâ€

This has all been good news!!!!
    Now, we can all pray it doesn't get stripped out in the middle of the night.
    like they like to do.

For what it is worth, I am sceptical about the e-verify. Even tho it will prevent illeglas from working, they will put us on it also. If it were just for foreigners, it would be ok, but they might keep track of Americans also and might use it as a tool as some kind of work something. It's almost like we are, again, trading freedoms for security or in this case illegal immigration. I want something to deterr illegals working, but when it puts all of us another database, i don't think I like it.

We are already in the database.........your SSN gets everyone into the database.

The pro-illegals and the traitor Dems wanted did not want these 4 bills to pass. They wanted to use them as barganing chips to get amnesty for millions of illegals. Now, they don't have anything to offer Republicans in order to sweeten an amensty bill with pro-enforcement amendments.

This is a BIG victory. Now lets all continue putting pressure so these amendments don't get striped off during the House and Senate conference. Remember that the House verison doesn't have any of these amendments and Pelosi may very well strip away these enforcement amendments. I expect tremendous pressure from the OBL on Pelosi to do exactly that.

LawEnforcer wrote
    ..Now lets all continue putting pressure so these amendments don't get striped off during the House and Senate conference. Remember that the House verison doesn't have any of these amendments and Pelosi may very well strip away these enforcement amendments. I expect tremendous pressure from the OBL on Pelosi to do exactly that.
    Yea, sure wish we knew just exactly where that pressure comes from everytime this happens. It would be the root of the corruption that runs rampant through this country. CFR, Chamber of Commerce, who ever they are..they can't play fair because no one would be behind them. They have to cheat and lie to get what they want. Sound familiar? Why, it sounds like the very people they pander to! Damn control freaks.

Time to tighten up and kick out everyone who can't stand up. No backbone? No job! Next! Here, with this victory, the Senate has shown real evidence of a backbone..damn proud of them.. Getting real sick of this 'any which way the wind blows' attitude and this 'yer dollar's my dollar' attitude coming from this so-called President. He seems to bend to every interest group except American citizens. I hate imposters..will that be included in the hate crimes bill?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:HR02892:

Shows senators appointed to the conference faction when they sit down with the House.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12