Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

In Utah, those that can afford it, are sending their kids to private schools. Public schools on the west side of Salt Lake City now have large Hispanic populations, mostly illegals or children of illegals born here. Many of these kids do not even know their legal status and live as if they were born and raised in America. That's why there is a lot of compassion towards their situation, especially in a semi-religious state. Teachers do not make much money here, in fact, many are foreclosing on their homes or working second jobs to make ends meet.

Banned
    Welcome DrainingAmerica.

I can so relate to what you are saying after spending 32 years in the business. Good teachers are systematically being driven out with the Dumbing Down of America and our efforts to educate are nothing more than rote exercises. Add the burden of illegal immigrants who do NOT want to learn the language or the culture, who disrespect this country and its teachers, and believe they will eventually reconquer this area, and you have a lose lose situation.

Those of us who strive for excellence hit brick walls most of the time and attempting to overcome the hordes of illegals who refuse to assimilate in our classrooms on a daily basis is often futile and draining.

We here are doing whatever we can to stem this tide and take back our country. Many times it seems that we are losing the battles, but never lose sight of the fact that WE Will Win the War!

Again, Welcome.

And Mr. Steve: Combat Training was not on the curriculum back in the '60's and I don't think it is now.....My Combat Training was in the classroom an on the streets just getting to and from the job...

Combat Pay SHOULD be a Perk for anyone who has to deal with this!

Quote Originally Posted by AZres
    And Mr. Steve: Combat Training was not on the curriculum back in the '60's and I don't think it is now.....My Combat Training was in the classroom an on the streets just getting to and from the job...

Combat Pay SHOULD be a Perk for anyone who has to deal with this!
    "See I told you there were other teacher's here meet AZres!" She likes a good fight! You bringin' Michelle's grade up? I hope so AZ cause she's the only one with a B- from NumbersUSA, plus she ain't half bad lookin' either!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"BigTex is a teacher too!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Welcome to ALIPAC DrainingAmerica!

Good teachers are systematically being driven out with the Dumbing Down of America and our efforts to educate are nothing more than rote exercises.
    My kids are now teens, and really only one left of school age. I can honestly say, from the parents angle, that illegals kids hold the rest back. My last was in kindergarten, and ONE kid who spoke nothing but Spanish was the center of that teachers attention and they were all held back from learning all year because they were all learning to communicate with HIM, in order to make him part of things (yes, they were being taught Spanish words, not the ONE child being taught English words). All the while, my daughter learned nothing. She came out knowing a few Spanish words and nothing else.

The kids my son went to school with disrupted things, caused trouble, yet were given the constant excuse from the school of their misbehavior as being because of "cultural differences". The other kids would get in trouble for every little thing that happened, yet the children of the illegals got away with every misdeed.

Unfortunately, up here in Oregon (the "left coast") the liberals have control over the schools, and they play the PC game heavily.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    WELCOME Drainingamerica as you can see we here with you.I feel sorry for teachers today back when i was in school you acted up you got your backside busted by teacher then when i got home got it again from dad.Its not like that today sociaty teaches new parents not to whip you kids give them time out Shoot when my old man got done with me i was in time out.IT didnt hurt me taught me respect made me a good man.Kids nowdays know there is no punishment for what they do thats why you see so many youngsters in jail and as far as illegals they think they are above the law they are illegal anyway so whats the harm they want control of schools and country.Teachers need to contact their state congress people and let them know their concerns about their safetyat job tell them if a teacher gets hurt you will sue the state for not protecting them.

In my district, LAUSD, teachers received a $5,000 yearly bonus (deferential) for speaking Spanish. All curriculum was taught in Spanish from pre-K-3rd grade, and it was encouraged. We celebrated Mexican Independence Day, Cinco de Mayo, and all Hispanic holidays. American holidays were swept under the rug including July 4. I couldn't even teach American history because none of my students could relate, and they believed California belonged to them. I have written many letters to the White House, ICE, etc. but no one cares because it is illegal to ask anyone their immigration status. No one should be receiving public resources paid by American tax dollars without proving that they are a citizen. There just has to be a law or billions more of our dollars will be spent on illegal immigrants. I have no idea what they are doing in our government, but they are not working for us!

Re: Had To Quit Teaching!

Quote Originally Posted by DrainingAmerica
    I was a teacher in downtown Los Angeles and had to quit for my own sanity. My students were all illegal immigrants from Mexico and South America, and I felt like I was working in a prison rather than at a school. All my textbooks, desks, rulers, etc. were vandalized, my students spat on the floor, intimidated me, and there was no way I could teach. The illegal immigrants get free education (which is a joke), free medical care and welfare, which are all paid for by hard-working American tax dollars and handed-out by the Federal Government. Meanwhile, I am out of a job and can't afford healthcare or a safe place to live in Los Angeles. What is wrong with this picture?
    From one teacher to another, it's probably good you got out before they laid you off like some many thousands of teachers have been all over the USA this past month. I am in the same situation and just hoping I can make it 4 more years before I am eligible to retire. American schools have become baby sitting services for those who believe this country is the land of the FREE.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

"See DrainingAmerica you're not alone, is she?"

Banned
    students spat on the floor, intimidated me, and
    Such a "rich and vibrant" culture.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast