Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LaRaza is anti-immigrant also, they support illegal aliens who actually displace legal immigrants. They also want illegal aliens at the front of the immigration line instead of the back. And it is the illegals who are "tearing their families apart", American law enforcement is not doing it.

Also since illegal aliens bear much responsibility for our current economic situation, there is no way they can reverse it, if anything they will make it worse. After the 1986 amnesty the birth rate for Hispanic "immigrants" in CA went from 4 to 5. That is per the California Public Policy Institute.

As I recall CIS and Heritage Foundation studies showed large negative fiscal contributions if amnesty passes.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I love you closing William: "Viva talk radio"!!

If you have time, Roy Beck succinctly outlined the following on Numbers website:
    -----

In the end, of course, the pro-amnesty champions never want to deal with numbers. In fact, their contention is that numbers like the following are not related:

**The US Labour Department has announced that the U.S. economy lost 2.589 million jobs in 2008.

**Job losses in 2008 were the worst since 1945.

**More than 11 million Americans are looking for a job and can't find one. (Millions more have been involuntarily forced into part-time work.)

**7 million illegal aliens are estimated to still be holding U.S. jobs.

**Our immigration system is bringing into the country 138,000 new foreign workers each month -- legally.

NumbersUSA's response is that the government should help unemployed Americans by moving as many of the 7 million illegal aliens out of their jobs as possible -- and by reduce the 138,000 monthly foreign workers as close to zero as possible.

Americans "just want to work" too. The economy will not improve if Ameicans can't find jobs. The beneficial thing about Americans is that our money stays home and is not being circulated in a foreign country, propping up that economy. They are dragging us down. For example, today the exchange rate of the Peso to Dollar is about 14 to one.

Dixie

the unemployment rate is now 7.2 percent

Lamar Smith yesterday said that is approximately 10 million ameicans out of work and 7 million illegal alien workers

Here response was nice, and I do understand her point. But we are outnumbered like this in articles all the time.

Thanks for e-mailing me. I hope you are well. I am always glad to talk
    with you or other folks about past and future stories.

This particular story was a short, daily deadline article out of an
    event -- a conference call by Mahony, et al calling upon the new
    administration and Congress to pass an immigration reform package. I
    happened to receive the same day the letter from Roy Beck and thought it
    tied into this story nicely. I am glad to do a story based on an event
    sponsored by Numbers USA, FAIR or ALIPAC as well.

I also plan to analyze more thoroughly the issues of immigration and the
    economy in future stories, especially as the economy continues to
    decline. I look forward to talking to people on all sides of the debate
    in those stories.

Thanks. Have fun on the show!

Anna

It was cordial but I don't totally buy the "short, daily deadline article out of an event" excuse. It wouldn't have taken much more of an effort or time to obtain some further quotes from anti-illegal immigration voices -- or to at least scan their websites for publishable info. And as you note, this is part of a recurring pattern with much of the MSM.

---

Related:

If the 2007 amnesty bill had passed, it would have cost taxpayers at least $2.6 trillion, per this Heritage Foundation report:

http://www.heritage.org/research/Immigration/wm1490.cfm

Good point W. about bi-lingual skills as a requirement for job eligibility.

Dixie

Good job William!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast