Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Will be checking the labels of what I buy from now on
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It will be tough to give up the Jumex..but will do so
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Ladyeagle....thanks for the info....and welcome.
    Your post was very informative. Had already discovered the Walmart fruit slices were from Mexico and ceased purchasing them awhile back. The Crest toothpaste was a shock. Once again ...thanks.
    What Goes Around Comes Around

How far inland is this stuff being transported? Dang! I never even heard of Jumex until I lived on this ugly border. And, of course, it is in every store here.

Also, I never heard of Fabuloso until I came out here-- that purple cleaning stuff that smells like lavender. I know it is a Mexican-"favored" product but it never showed up on the east coast that I saw until a couple years ago.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    How far inland is this stuff being transported? Dang! I never even heard of Jumex until I lived on this ugly border. And, of course, it is in every store here.

Also, I never heard of Fabuloso until I came out here-- that purple cleaning stuff that smells like lavender. I know it is a Mexican-"favored" product but it never showed up on the east coast that I saw until a couple years ago.
    I live in an inland community in Central Florida. Jumex and Fabuloso are everywhere on the shelves of local stores from Walmart to kash & Karry to WinnDixie to independent food stores. The bread aisles are also being taken over by tortillas, etc. Our Hispanic population continues to expand.
    We have for quite some time been watching what we buy and where it originates from. Sometimes its hard to tell though. Its not just Mexico though. Went to buy some garlic at Sam's Club recently and it was from China. Left it where it was. Do not feel the need for chinese garlic when we grow it in this country. We have gone back to gardening and growing our own vegetables. I have my doubts about the cleanliness of anything coming out of Mexico. I worry about the disease aspect...which I don't think has been given enough consideration lately. What is coming over along with all these illegal immigrants? Its a scary thought as there is no way to regulate and keep track of anything.
    What Goes Around Comes Around

The sad thing about fruits and veggies is that we don't grow that much any more.

I haven't seen it in the Rio Grande Valley, but they say the citrus groves are being plowed under to build homes down there. Also, I talked with one citrus grower that said he could no longer grow citrus because he can't irrigate. Evidently, Mexico is not living up to some water treaty we have with them. They are diverting most of the water from the Rio Grande to their own farm lands - and our government - guess what - is doing nothing about it.

I did see citrus groves plowed under in AZ. It was the saddest thing I have ever seen. Within 2 weeks, there was the framework of yet another apartment building where a producing citrus grove was.

WE don't always know the country of origin of fresh veggies in our grocery stores. I guess we could ask, but would we get the truth?

We too are gardening in a serious way for the first time since our children left home.

We have a home in a little town in Central Texas and you don't see any of them - not even at garage sales. My daughter, who worked as Asst Mgr of an independent grocery store while going back to school for a year, told me there were far more than I imagined. She saw them with the Lone Star cards, Wic papers, and she sold them money orders. But when I began to see their products in the grocery stores and dollar stores, I knew they were there. You can always guage the 'migration' of the illegals by the appearance of their products on the grocery shelves.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am ahead of you here, I havent bought anything from Mexico,if I was aware that is )in a few years now, I always look to see where fruit comes from and anything else I buy that I think might be made in mexico. I only buy clothes made in America if I can.Hate to admit it though I do buy foreign vehicles, have a maxda protege 5, most american cars simply cannot measure up to the mileage they get, bought it in 2001 mainly for the 30 to 35 mpg, thank god I had the foresight to do this then. Still have pain at the pump though use to fill it up for 14 to 16 dollars now it is more like 35 dollars ouch! I am glad I don't have a jelly bean habit lol.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzabell
    Good thing I dislike jelly beans. I remember the strawberry cases in Cali a few years back. E-coli. All strawberries grown in Mexico. Killed several kids etc. They discovered that human fece's were being used to fertilize the field the strawberries grow in........

This is just nuts!

Welcome LadyEagle!

This is now posted on my MySpace Blog I do
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... indicate=1
    Thats disguisting! Human feces being used as fertilizer. Yuck.
    I heard about the jellybeans being made in Mexico, where there have been high counts of lead. Also candy made in China contains lead. I even heard that dog toys contain lead. These countries dont have restrictions and controls like we do with the FDA. Crest toothpaste made in Mexico!? I'll never use that.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Butterbean, I LOVE that little monkey.

And the strawberry business with the human feces made big news here a few years back. I haven't liked strawberries since then.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Butterbean, I LOVE that little monkey.

And the strawberry business with the human feces made big news here a few years back. I haven't liked strawberries since then.
    Thanks JJ.
    I love strawberries. There is an orchard up the street from me where I can pick my own. I know these are safe cause its family owned & run with no illegal help.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast