Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

That is the kind of strawberries we need everywhere, Butterbean-- ones that are grown by normal people in normal places for normal purposes.

I get so sick of hearing about genetically altered poultry, super-sized strawberries and shrimp that don't taste anything at all like those products should taste, and other stomaching turning stories about what people do to our food in the name of science. Jeepers!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ens
    Hi all, I'm new here too so please bear with me.

While boycotting certain products is a good idea I'd also like to point out that buying products made in Mexico may very well serve our cause directly. Buying these products helps the Mexican economy. The producers of these products hire Mexicans, and the better these companies do, the more people in Mexico and Central America (let's not forget CAFTA) they are able to employ, and those employees have one less reason to attempt to immigrate illegally to the US.

Massive boycotts may feel good, but there is a possibility that such action might very well backfire in our fight against illegal immigration.

Ens, I used to think like you are thinking. And I still would buy things OTHER than food produced in Mexico in an open attempt to keep them in their own country. But food is a whole different matter.

There have been incidents where food came across the border from Mexico that was manufactured, canned, or grown under very unsanitary conditions. For example many people wound up in the hospital because of strawberries grown with human feces for fertilizer. I don't think those people are too stupid to know better, either. I think that they did it on purpose.

Then there are candies that make people sick. And acedero cheese (not sure about that spelling) that is contaminated.

Nope, I don't want ANY food products from Mexico.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ens
    Valid points all JuniusJr. I guess what I'm saying is that while it is wise to boycott certain products, a massive, total boycott could possibly be counter productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ens
    Valid points all JuniusJr. I guess what I'm saying is that while it is wise to boycott certain products, a massive, total boycott could possibly be counter productive.
    So is hepatitis, Salmonella, E. coli, TB, and even death.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123