Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    This reminds me of last September with the Verde Group who were flying the Mexican flag higher in New Mexico.
    I wrote Mr. Moore a letter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----Original Message-----
    To: Terrence R. Moore
    Subject: Lower the Mexican flag in NM below American Flag!

Mr. Moore,

I am shocked and appauled that the Verde Group in your town in America have the Mexican flag raised higher than the American flag! Tell them to lower it now it's against the law. It's an insult to all Americans! Here is the article below:

http://www.lcsun-news.com/fastsearchresults/ci_4384754

Response I received.

The Department of Facilities is constantly being directed to ensure that proper flag etiquette is always adhered to. As such, by way of responding to this message, I am advising Director of Facilities Brian Denmark of the concerns that you’ve expressed, so that this is never an issue. Much appreciated.

Terrence Moore

City Manager

Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Way to go CCUSA!! that how to get er done!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Faye wrote:
    We kindly asked the owner to take them down. He laughed.
    Why don't you "kindly" start a petition against what he is doing because I'll bet you'd have an enormous number of signers and then take it to your local paper.

This is the kind of stuff the opposition would do. We need to change our mindset and not just complain and post to the choir, because we are still the majority!!!

Thanks Sosadforus. I was quite happy to receive such a eager response myself. It also shows that to set things right, you have to COMPLAIN and demand action.

I hope everyone that reads this will write letters to stop it if they see or here about this happening. American's fought and died for our flag and country. It deserves the top spot on every pole in America.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    Faye wrote:
    We kindly asked the owner to take them down. He laughed.
    Why don't you "kindly" start a petition against what he is doing because I'll bet you'd have an enormous number of signers and then take it to your local paper.

This is the kind of stuff the opposition would do. We need to change our mindset and not just complain and post to the choir, because we are still the majority!!!
    Your right about the news paper Oliver, you can get alot of attention that way to. but CCUSA got immediate results and thats good to.

I like your quote by Mark Twain, so true and I wrote it on an e-mail to my sister and a few other with the article about this next weeks hold their feet to the fire. You should send it to your two.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I don't believe the paper is going to be too happy with me here very shortly. I just arranged to picket them for supporting the Senate immigration bill and calling patriots "rabid, hulking, nationalists" and "xenophobes."
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Banned
    Faye wrote:
    I don't believe the paper is going to be too happy with me here very shortly. I just arranged to picket them for supporting the Senate immigration bill and calling patriots "rabid, hulking, nationalists" and "xenophobes."
    You go, girl!!! Let's get loud and demanding--the other side does it and it seems to work, so now is the time and the place for our side to take a stand!!!

Yeah, but Olivermyboy, now I have to figure out where to rent a foghorn...a blowhorn...whatever. I'm going to bed, ya'll.

These are neat little boogers!

LET'S GET 'EM! But I don't think flying 'em is against the law -- just etiquette. 'Course they don't seem to have any.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

JAK

I love America!

Pledge of Allegiance

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

The American Oaths

The American’s Creed

While most Americans know there is a Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, and many can still recite it, nearly everyone has forgotten that there is an “American’s Creed”.

The American's Creed was a result of a nationwide contest for writing a National Creed, which would be a brief summary of the American political faith founded upon things fundamental in American history and tradition. Over three thousand entries were received, and William Tyler Page was declared to be the winner. James H. Preston, the mayor of Baltimore, presented an award to Page in the House of Representatives Office Building on April 3, 1918. The Speaker of the House of Representatives and the commissioner of education of the state of New York accepted the Creed for the United States, and the proceedings relating to the award were printed in the Congressional Record of April 13, 1918.

The author of the American's Creed, William Tyler Page, was a descendant of John Page, who had come to America in 1650, and had settled in Williamsburg, Virginia. Another ancestor, Carter Braxton, had signed the Declaration of Independence. Still another ancestor, John Tyler, was the tenth president of the United States. William Tyler Page had come to Washington at the age of thirteen to serve as a Capitol Page. Later he became an employee of the Capitol building and served in that capacity for almost sixty-one years. In 1919 he was elected clerk of the House. Thirteen years later, when the Democrats again became a majority party, they created for Page the office of minority clerk of the House of Representatives. He held this position for the remainder of his life.

Referring to the Creed, Page said: "It is the summary of the fundamental principles of the American political faith as set forth in its greatest documents, its worthiest traditions, and its greatest leaders." His wording of the Creed used passages and phrases from the Declaration of Independence, the Preamble to the Constitution, Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, and Daniel Webster's reply to Robert Y. Hayne in the Senate in 1830.

"I believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people by the people, for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a Republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.

I therefore believe it is my duty to my Country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws; to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies."

Other Oaths taken by Americans

The Oath of Citizenship
    “I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the Untied States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God. In acknowledgement whereof I have hereunto affixed my signature.”

Oath of Enlistment“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the Untied States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the Untied States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the uniform code of military justice. So help me God.”

The Oath of the Office of President
    "I, name, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and I will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States." [“So help me God”, though not required by the Constitution, has been said after the oath by every President, since George Washington set the precedent at his first inauguration.]

Illegal aliens are far from what it takes to be an American! They are breaking the law by being here!
    “I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the Untied States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;
    As we have all seen...they do NOT truly want to be an American Citizen... and we should honor their request and SEND THEM HOME!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    JAK wrote:

Illegal aliens are far from what it takes to be an American! They are breaking the law by being here!
    “I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the Untied States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;
    As we have all seen...they do NOT truly want to be an American Citizen... and we should honor their request and SEND THEM HOME

....ASAP!!!!

To me the point here is that it's a school. If a hotel or auto dealership flies some other country's flag alongside our own I may not like it but I don't want to make it illegal either. Or my parent's flying an Italian flag on Columbus Day (actually they don't, but just an example). But public schools, government buildings, etc are different - only Old Glory should be flown.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123