Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

HILLARY GOES CONSERVATIVE ON IMMIGRATION

I never have and never will believe a thing she says. We need her in the White House like we need Ellison in Congress.

Do not believe her, not for a millisecond!

God help us if she is elected president. I think that might be the final nail in the coffin of this country.

All Hilliary has to do is to say:

"I WILL CLOSE OUR BORDERS AND GET CONTROL OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION"

and she will win.

Who would you vote for? 1) McCain 2) Clinton 3) Independent

Sen. Clinton

This is the reply I rec'ed from Sen. Clintin. I don't agree with all of it, but it's a better reply then I get from my Ohio Senator. I sent him a copy, so he could use it as a template. He also supports comrehensive reform.

Dear Magyart:

Thank you for sharing with me your concerns regarding the complex issue of immigration reform. I have heard from many of my New York constituents on this important topic.

Our immigration system is in a crisis. There are estimated to be more than 12 million undocumented people in the country. Our current immigration laws fail to protect our borders, or to provide adequately for our national security. At the same time, unscrupulous employers seeking cheap labor are permitted to ignore our laws and to exploit undocumented workers. As a result of our immigration laws, families are torn apart, unable to reunite with spouses, parents, children and siblings due to a shortage of visas. Our system also places a huge drain on our state social services. We have an immigration system that is broken, and we have to find realistic and fair solutions to fix it.

I support comprehensive immigration reform that is based on a number of principles.

We must strengthen our borders to make us safer from the threat of terrorism, and give our Border Patrol agents the resources they need to be more effecti ve in stopping undocumented individual s at the border.

We must also engage with our neighbors to solve the problem of illegal immigration. New workplace and interior enforcement laws should be both strict and fair, and must include strict penalties for those who exploit undocumented workers.

We must implement a fairer process for people seeking to come to America , particularly for those whose families are torn apart by our failed system.

Finally, meaningful reform should include a path to earned citizenship for those who are here, working hard, paying taxes, respecting the law, and are prepared to meet a high bar for becoming a citizen.

Earlier this year I voted in favor of final passage of the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006 . This legislation is designed to strengthen our borders and to provide for an orderly and practical system of immigration that is both strict and fair. The bill is not perfect. However, it begins to address the fundamental challenges that confront our current immigration system, and implements much needed reforms that both honor our heritage as a nation of immigrants and respect our commitment to the rule of law.

Senate and House conferees should have met in an attempt to reconcile the two drastically different immigration reform measures passed in each body. However, politics won out over real results on the issue of immigration. I am deeply disappointed by the unwillingness to negotiate a full and meaningful solution to this complex issue.

Recently, Congress passed the Secure Fence Act of 2006 , a bill that directs the Department of Homeland Security to build a fence along portions of the Southern border. While this bill only addressed a single component of what should be a comprehensive plan, I voted for the bill because I believe we must secure our northern and southern borders.

Congress must now turn its focus to passing the other critical elements of immigration reform. I will continue to work towards enacting a comprehensive plan that respects the rule of law, promotes our national security interests, and treats with dignity the millions of families who live and work in our country.

Please know that the thoughts and concerns of my constituents are very important to me and I send my thanks that you took the time to write. For updates on this and the many important issues being considered by the United States Senate, please check my website at http://clinton.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton

Hillary doesn't even know what she stands for. It wouldn't surprise me if she looks at the newspaper every morning just to see which way the political wind blows. Hillary is a perfect example of why you never believe what a politicial says. Always pay attention to what they do instead. With all the illegal aliens they have in NYC she must be pretty secure in her liberal base to make comments like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip
    All Hilliary has to do is to say:

"I WILL CLOSE OUR BORDERS AND GET CONTROL OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION"

and she will win.

Who would you vote for? 1) McCain 2) Clinton 3) Independent

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye
    Hillary doesn't even know what she stands for.
    So right!

DEFINATELY #3!!!
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Well that story was from.

By Charles Hurt THE WASHINGTON TIMES Dec. 13, 2004 Sen. Hillary Rodham CLinton.

Her most recent attention was earlier this year.

McCain and Hillary Rally Illegals

by Terence P. Jeffrey
    Posted Mar 10, 2006

Senators John McCain (R.-Ariz.) and Hillary Clinton (D.-N.Y.), the current frontrunners for their parties’ 2008 presidential nominations, joined Senators Teddy Kennedy (D.-Mass.) and Charles Schumer (D.-N.Y,) in rallying a group of illegal aliens who came to Washington, D.C., on March 8 as part of a lobbying effort funded by a foreign government to push for amnesty for illegal aliens.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

wicked witch of the north with forked tonger. All ways remember she would not met with the mothers of deceased soldiers when slick wille was in the white house.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast