Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"bquasius" When you post statistics do mind posting a link for verification?
    ------------------------

Re: You Don't Speak for Me

Quote Originally Posted by bquasius
    Some Latino Americans have taken a stance, but you hardly ever hear about them in the liberal media. Check out:
    http://dontspeakforme.org/ My wife is not from Mexico; she's from Honduras and she does not approve of illegal immigration either. I understand upwards of 10% of ALIPAC's members are of Hispanic background, probably comparable with the percentage of Hispanic citizens in the U.S.
    You sir are a troll. Each of your posts belie that you are opposed to illegal immigration. Every word from you, that I've seen, indicates you favor illegal immigration. I believe you are an illegal alien in American clothing or a legal immigrant unhappy in his new land. We've seen the Mexican voice become ever more arrogant and bellicose over the years and now it's time for Mexico to shut up and the illegal aliens to go home. Failure to do so will create a situation that will not end well for either nation.
    '58 Airedale

Banned

Re: You Don't Speak for Me

Quote Originally Posted by Tom2
    Some Latino Americans have taken a stance, but you hardly ever hear about them in the liberal media. Check out:
    http://dontspeakforme.org/ My wife is not from Mexico; she's from Honduras and she does not approve of illegal immigration either. I understand upwards of 10% of ALIPAC's members are of Hispanic background, probably comparable with the percentage of Hispanic citizens in the U.S.
    You sir are a troll. Each of your posts belie that you are opposed to illegal immigration. Every word from you, that I've seen, indicates you favor illegal immigration. I believe you are an illegal alien in American clothing or a legal immigrant unhappy in his new land. We've seen the Mexican voice become ever more arrogant and bellicose over the years and now it's time for Mexico to shut up and the illegal aliens to go home. Failure to do so will create a situation that will not end well for either nation.
    I agree with your assessment of bquasius. In support, I offer the following:

1. He inists that others provide links or substantiation for their claims, yet he routinely ignores requests that he document his own claims.

2. He has lied about circumstances surrounding his alleged immigrant wife's obtaining of her SSN, given that the provided two self-contradictory accounts. He was asked to explain the contradiction by another poster, yet refused to do so.

3. When the poster questioning his contradictory claims used those contradiction as a basis to state her opinion that his wife was perhaps an illegal, he falsely claimed "libel" and feigned such offense as to make an excuse for not explaining his contradictions to us. When cornered in a separate thread and asked specifically to document bogus claims he had made in that thread, he again used the alleged "libel," which was based on a astatement made by another poster and which I had nothing to do with, as his excuse for not substantiating his dubious claims. BTW - Libel is a false claim of fact made against a person, and cannot, by definition, include something stated as a suspicion or opinion. Asking a question cannot be libel because doing so states no fact, but rather requests provision of fact.

4. Despite his ostensible support for immigration control, bquasius takes up an opposing or contradictory position to the majority opinion by other members in pretty much every case. Given two sets of data, he consistently adheres to that set favored by the open borders lobby.

For these and other reasons, I conclude that "bquasius" is a troll.

Re: Engineering

Our economy would grind to a halt if we completely eliminated work based immigration....
    True but everyone with two strands knows the problem is Mexico and Mexicans, not immigrants. I've written my congressman and both senators many times advocating greatly increased immigration quotas for nations whose citizens want to become Americans. The problems is our current crop of deadbeats want to be Mexicans in America. We'd rather have Americans from Africa, or Asia. We sure as hell don't need more deadbeats who want to take over control of our nation, as most Mexicans do.
    '58 Airedale

I'd like to see some breakdown on the numbers for/against based on country of origin, their legal/illegal status, whether they are first/second/third generation immigrants, and whether they still have close family members in their native country

WHY??

What difference does it make?

You are just perpetuating this tendency of grouping
    people together just because they have a similar
    background/race which is pointless and counterproductive.

I could not choose my birthplace or race (whatever that is) but
    I chose to become an american and defend its values and this is the way
    I want to be perceived: Just a plain american.

Say the percentage of Hispanics who are against illegal is 30%. What
    are you going to do? what's the diffrence if it was 90%?

Two things we all should think about:

1 - Stop treating people as a block. Start treating them as individuals
    regardless of race or origin.

I am not an embassador representing a race or group of people.

2 - While you trying to figure out this statistical data who came from
    where, OUR representatives in Washington could care less what you
    think. The people in DC got the real POWER to change things around.
    Sure, we can vote them out of office jsurt to be replaced by people
    of same ideals: Open borders... they are selling America out.

I am strongly against amnesty and open borders. If up to me, the military
    would be sent to the the border right now.

A lot of Hispanics are against amnesty

Hi everyone, I'm a long time visitor to ALIPAC but just now joined. I chose to join the conversation on this thread beacuse I have been with a woman of Colombian descent for the past five years. She was born here and has absolutely no sympathy for the illegal aliens, nor does her family. Her family came here legally from Colombia by the way.They are sickened by the abuse of the law. They spent thousands of dollars to come here legally. Infact, her extended family has trouble getting a tourist visa for a week while the Mexicans run free. She is absolutey disgusted by the lack of respect that the illegals have for our laws, language and customs. Her family resides in Miami, and because Miami hasn't made English important in any way shape or form her parents haven't chosen to learn English. i feel for them because they came here legally but I also wish that they'd learn English. This catering to Spanish speakers only hurts people in the long run. I will let you know that I, as well as my girlfriend are happy to carry the banner of ALIPAC to this great nation and to the citizens of Florida where we reside. Believe it or not, there are many Hispanics in South Florida who are not Mexican who fully support no amnesty. Miamians are not as pro amnesty as you may think. The media makes it seem that all hispanics are Mexican and pro amnesty but it is so far from the truth it isn't funny. I hope all of us here at ALIPAC and in the US can enact change before it's too late. Well, that's my 2 cents for today.

Banned
    1 - Stop treating people as a block. Start treating them as individuals
    regardless of race or origin.
    Odie, I don't think you really read my post because if you did, you will see that I stated that I thought attitudes toward illegal immigration vary among Hispanics. I agree that people need to be 'treated' as individuals, but for the purpose of coming to some sort of understanding about why people take the positions they do on issues, it's necessary to look at groups of people. I'm sure attitudes among Hispanics are influenced by many factors including whether someone is here legally or illegally, whether they are recent arrivals or their families have been in this country and assimilated for generations, whether they are from Mexico versus other countries as the direct proximity of Mexico to the US brings some unique aspects to the debate, such as "reconquista".

I have a pretty good understanding of demographics (can't spell or pronounce it though), and it's my understanding that most Hispanics vote for the democrats (free stuff with limited responsibilities to the community). I aalso could swear that I saw some Barrios in all those years I lived in California. Also, not to put too fine a point on it, but where were all those red green and white flags from we all saw on t.v.
    I'm all about political correctness myself Mr. lonely South American dude but pleeeeese............................

My point was that I never understood why
    people would have any kind of allegiance to
    race, birth country and so on. Factors that were
    beyond one's control. Specially if they decided
    to leave it all behind.

It pissed me off when I took my kid to the
    doctor and was given a children's book in Spanish
    with subtitles in English (much smaller letters)
    when I complained, raised hell and demmanded a
    book in English to be handled to my kid. Guess what?
    They did not have any available. And this is was at a
    KAISER PERMANENTE hospital.

By the way, I dont speak Spanish, dont want to learn
    and I dont want it taught to my kids.

I'm all about political correctness myself Mr. lonely South American dude but pleeeeese............................
    I did not get it if direct to me, because I despise political
    correctness. If not direct to me.. never mind.

CG Wrote:1. He inists that others provide links or substantiation for their claims, yet he routinely ignores requests that he document his own claims.

2. He has lied about circumstances surrounding his alleged immigrant wife's obtaining of her SSN, given that the provided two self-contradictory accounts. He was asked to explain the contradiction by another poster, yet refused to do so.

3. When the poster questioning his contradictory claims used those contradiction as a basis to state her opinion that his wife was perhaps an illegal, he falsely claimed "libel" and feigned such offense as to make an excuse for not explaining his contradictions to us. When cornered in a separate thread and asked specifically to document bogus claims he had made in that thread, he again used the alleged "libel," which was based on a astatement made by another poster and which I had nothing to do with, as his excuse for not substantiating his dubious claims. BTW - Libel is a false claim of fact made against a person, and cannot, by definition, include something stated as a suspicion or opinion. Asking a question cannot be libel because doing so states no fact, but rather requests provision of fact.

4. Despite his ostensible support for immigration control, bquasius takes up an opposing or contradictory position to the majority opinion by other members in pretty much every case. Given two sets of data, he consistently adheres to that set favored by the open borders lobby.

For these and other reasons, I conclude that "bquasius" is a troll.1. He inists that others provide links or substantiation for their claims, yet he routinely ignores requests that he document his own claims.

For these and other reasons, I conclude that "bquasius" is a troll.1. He inists that others provide links or substantiation for their claims, yet he routinely ignores requests that he document his own claims.

For these and other reasons, I conclude that "bquasius" is a troll.
    I`ll Motion That, anyone want to second it?
    ------------------------

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast