Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by dem4labor
    ...It's somewhere on the DHS/INS page.
    Actually the name is now U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services ("USCIS", webpage of www.uscis.gov). You are right that it is under the Department of Homeland Security now. My next few posts will address some of the views stated on this thread compared to legal immigration and naturalization information that can be verified.

The legal immigration and naturalization process is very complex. Nonetheless, a site that is "Americans for Legal Immigration" should have forum members at least aware of the basics so they can assist immigrants (of many different nationalities) that doing things the right way. To give the correct information helps those from easily getting out of status or doing things incorrectly that would cause them troubles on their immigration and naturalization paths.

This doesn't surprise me at all, they want us to take care of Mexico's poor and drive down the wages of the jobs Americans won't do

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GET INVOLVED NOW! TIMES RUNNING OUT!!
    .................................................. .................................................. .......
    COME ON EVERYONE WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW! "BILL 1369" STOP IT !!
    "JOIN OUR FOCUS CAMPAIGN"
    HELP SAVE OUR COUNTRY FROM THIS INVASION! OK LOOKIE LOU'S YES YOU!!
    join in on the CALLS, FAXES AND E-MAILS TO OUR SENATORS!!
    "FOCUS CAMPAIGN" DAILY INSTRUCTIONS AND POSTING THREAD LINK BELOW!
    Leave posts so we know what they are saying!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=392574
    ALL CONTACT INFORMATION.....Senators, news, radio, ETC.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=68216
    Your contributions are welcome to help keep ALIPAC afloat and fighting!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cousinsal
    ...I work with post-docs who come over to Boston to study for a year or two, and it takes a LONG, LONG time to get a visa, with lots of paperwork, interviews, MONEY. If we want to get something done quickly, we pay an extra $1000, and then, suddenly, we get the visa for the person.

I'll bet these people are NOT paying $1000 to have their paperwork expedited!!
    Yes, I'll bet they aren't paying $1000 to have their paperwork expedited either! Only in the cases of *school or employment-based* visas can an expedite fee can be paid to speed the normal processing time. As you've stated, when the *business or school* pays the expedite fee for the applicant (the applicants *can't* pay it themselves) then things move faster.

Family-based immigration petitions and all of the naturalization process do *not* have expedite fees. That would make the process unfair to be slower for those that couldn't afford the expedite fee. So in the end, who are "these people" that aren't paying the expedite fee like everyone else does?

yup just one more step towards the NAU

Can anyone get links to the statistics for this or more information that
    proves this. It would be great to have this info to give to Lou Dobbs,
    radio stations, our senators and other resources to prove the injustice
    that is going on. Lou Dobbs would love to get ahold of this. He and his
    staff do read the emails and look into important issues. They put on the
    air this week the Youtube video about the lawyers and how they were
    getting around hiring Americans for jobs so they could hire hb-1 visa
    holders. I sent an email about it and it was on the show the next day.
    I don't know if it was my particular email that caused it or the fact that
    many of us sent emails about the issue but they did take notice. The
    important thing is that it was on TV and millions of Americans saw it
    and were made aware of the situation.

I would like to be able to get stats but it is tough. From the pictures in the news and stories about the swearing in ceremony most are Hispanic. My daughter also knows many of them that have applied for citizenship and it took them 3 to 4 months to get their appointment and test date. There are some that are waiting a long time to get sworn in but that is usually due to requiring the FBI having to do a more detailed check on them as someone with the same name may have a criminal past and they want to make sure it is not the same person. There has also been a drive in South Florida for Hispanics to get their citizenship. It has been in the newspapers. In fact I will see if I can get a copy of a memo that was sent out to employees of Miami Dade County to apply for citizenship if they aren't citizen's already and about their workshops on it. I wonder if they will get processed quicker.
    I have seen papers for a person who applied a month after my relative and she has an appointment in June for her interview and test. What gets me is that this woman was arrested close to 2 years ago for disorderly conduct as she wouldn't stop arguing with another woman after she was told to do so. In fact the police had to return and arrested her at that time. I witnessed the fighting and her being take into the car in handcuffs. My friend took her to jail and her husband reminded of this last week as he was concerned that she wouldn't be able to be an insurance broker with a prior arrest.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    ...The husband has residency and applied for citizenship, the wife is on a visa that is expiring in September and they have a 20 year old daughter. If he doesn't get his citizenship soon the daughter will not be able to be sponsored once 21 years of age...
    This statement is incorrect. A Legal Permanent Resident could sponsor their *unmarried* daughter of any age. If the daughter is married (either over or under the age of 21) she can only be sponsored (and the same petition would also cover her husband and any of *their* unmarried children under the age of 21) by a U.S. citizen parent. The age of the daughter does not nullify the ability to be sponsored, but again, if married, one of the parents has to be a U.S. citizen to sponsor her (and husband/unmarried children).

The other question is where they are in filing for the wife. If her visa expires in September then they need to be well on the way to having her sponsored as her husband's spouse. She will be out of status (an overstay if she is present after expiration, with possible bans from the United States depending on the length of time) otherwise.

They can always gain the knowledge of how their particular case is progressing from USCIS. Help from a local Senator's office (and it does have to be local to Florida if that is where they are living) would maybe be advised, as well as the possibility of an immigration lawyer. Participating in an immigration forum (focused more on legal immigration rather than illegal immigration) will also give helpful answers.

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    I would like to be able to get stats but it is tough. From the pictures in the news and stories about the swearing in ceremony most are Hispanic. My daughter also knows many of them that have applied for citizenship and it took them 3 to 4 months to get their appointment and test date. There are some that are waiting a long time to get sworn in but that is usually due to requiring the FBI having to do a more detailed check on them as someone with the same name may have a criminal past and they want to make sure it is not the same person. There has also been a drive in South Florida for Hispanics to get their citizenship. It has been in the newspapers. In fact I will see if I can get a copy of a memo that was sent out to employees of Miami Dade County to apply for citizenship if they aren't citizen's already and about their workshops on it. I wonder if they will get processed quicker.
    I have seen papers for a person who applied a month after my relative and she has an appointment in June for her interview and test. What gets me is that this woman was arrested close to 2 years ago for disorderly conduct as she wouldn't stop arguing with another woman after she was told to do so. In fact the police had to return and arrested her at that time. I witnessed the fighting and her being take into the car in handcuffs. My friend took her to jail and her husband reminded of this last week as he was concerned that she wouldn't be able to be an insurance broker with a prior arrest.
    Each immigration and naturalization case is independant in processing time from those filed at about the same time. As you say, the "Name Check" portion can lengthen the time a case is processed. There are also other factors (if married to a servicemember that they will accompany overseas for instance). Please don't say something is a proven fact based on the sampling of one Hispanic naturalization seemingly processing quicker than one case of a non-Hispanic naturalizing.

There are many offices handling these cases. If this theory were to be true it means that almost *all* would have to be in some level of conspiracy to hold down non-Hispanics legally immigrating and naturalizing. Were that to be globally true, then the timeframe I witnessed would have been much shorter too.

What is the official take on this? Quite a few people on the thread said they were contacting Senators and media representatives all over. Is someone willing to say Hispanics are getting unfair advantage to legal immigration and naturalization that can provide some data?

The best thing to do with this is get it on Fox News. Try John Gibson and Neil Cavuto.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I called USCIS on 2 occasions so far asking them why my father's papers are taking forever and a day to process. They couldn't answer me. The 1st time I called however, the lady said that the hispanic lady below me, who put in for her citizenship after my father had a "special" situation. That's her reasoning for a hispanic getting their papers faster. Then I came to find out from another USCIS person and a bunch of lawyers that there is no such thing as a "special situation" when you're getting your citizenship. I really want to get to the bottom of this!
    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio" - Rodney Dangerfield

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast