Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FOOD BASKETS CAN MAKE A VERY GOOD GIFT. YOU CAN ACTUALLY PUT THEM TOGETHER YOURSELF. ALL YOU NEED IS A CONTAINER FOR THE BASE (PREFERABLY SOMETHING THAT CAN BE REUSED).

THEN YOU NEED SOME FILLER.....LIKE THAT GRASS THEY USE FOR EASTER BASKETS. BUT YOU CAN SHRED YOUR OWN PAPER. I LIKE TO USE GOLD FOIL....SHRED IT AND USE IT TO LINE THE CONTAINER.

THEN JUST BE CREATIVE. FRUIT, VEGGIES, CANDY, WINE, CRACKERS, CHEESE, COFFEE, TEA, HOT CHOCOLATE, WALNUTS, CUPCAKES.....THE LIST IS ENDLESS. THE TRICK IS TO TRY YOUR BEST TO BUY WHAT IS GROWN LOCALLY OR MADE LOCALLY. EVEN IF EVERY SINGLE ITEM IS NOT AMERICAN MADE....AT LEAST IF MOST OF IT IS, YOU WILL BE DOING YOUR PART.

THEN YOU TAKE SOME CLEAR WRAP AND WRAP THE WHOLE THING AND PUT A GIANT BOW ON TOP....AND A CARD. AND THINK ABOUT IT, THIS IS A GIFT THAT EVERYONE WILL USE.

AND FOR CHILDREN THERE IS THAT PLACE WHERE YOU DESIGN YOUR OWN BEAR AND THEY MAKE IT THERE. CANT REMEMBER THE NAME RIGHT NOW. BUT THEY MAKE TEDDY BEARS FOR CHILDREN. YOU CAN PICK THE COLOR AND STYLE AND SIZE.....AND THEY MAKE IT.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is also an excellent opportunity to support local merchants who do not hire illegals, which has the added benefit of keeping the dollars we spend in the hands of our friends and neighbors, and out of the hands of the big national conglomerates. This way we can send a message, and help our own communities at the same time!
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    I say just make sure your buying American made and grown products this holiday and give a big FU to the companies that outsourced and sold out American workers for cheap labor! I am already practicing that!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

I will myself make every effort to do so -- not only at Christmas and the holidays, but STARTING NOW.

It will be my pleasure. We don't need half of all that junk anyway.

No major purchases coming up for me anyway -- just saving for college tuition . . . since we are white and receive no special handouts.

I'm in, I've been doing most of this anyway, it really is a great way to make a statement and Ameicans have to use every tool we have!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ACTION ALERT... ILLEGAL ALIENS CALLING OUR CONGRESS TODAY!! COME ON ALIPAC TEAM GET INVOLVED, WE NEED EVERYONE MAKING CALLS, FAXES AND E-MAILS !!!
    INFORMATION AT LINK BELOW!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=79915

ALIPAC AUGUST FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

We just returned from New Mexico and I did 99% of my Christmas shopping there. Everyone is getting turquoise jewelry or baskets or something for the house that was hand made by the local Native Americans.
    If you can't go to New Mexico, there are many websites that you can purchase these items from.
    To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by portaltotx
    We just returned from New Mexico and I did 99% of my Christmas shopping there. Everyone is getting turquoise jewelry or baskets or something for the house that was hand made by the local Native Americans.
    If you can't go to New Mexico, there are many websites that you can purchase these items from.
    What a wonderful Idea "Portaltotx" can't get any more American than that!! I will check out at the Indian Reservation Most of us have a reservation somewhere near!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Some interesting and hopeful posts, but I seem not to have impressed on y'all the primary reason for this...it's not to make yourself feel good about not supporting companies that hire and cater to illegals, but rather to let those companies know that you are boycotting them!

All these are wonderful ideas, and I have nothing against boycotting the communists in China, either.

But let's not miss the point: it's to get companies that do business in America (I'd like to say "American companies," but that's just a joke) who also hire and cater to illegals (and any company that advertises in Spanish IS catering to illegals, let's call a spade a spade) to understand that you are not going to be patronizing them until they stop doing this.

That means not simply not shopping there, it also means letting them KNOW, via letter or phone call to their corporate offices, public relations or their CEOs office if you can get through, the you will be spending your money (I am telling them how much my family typically spends over the holidays...$800-$1000...yeah, Paris Hilton spends that much every day on dog manicures, but still....) with companies that neither hire illegals NOR cater to them here in America.

Tokie

Good for you! Good start!

Now drop a line to Wal-Mart, Sears, Penneys, etc., etc., etc....and TELL them this. Tell them how much you spent and that you did so out of a conscious effort to avoid giving your holiday $$ to stores that employ illegals (all three of these do) and stores that cater to illegals through Spanish-language advertising and signage, etc.

It's not a boycott if they don't know they are being boycotted

Quote Originally Posted by Tokenconservative
    Good for you! Good start!

Now drop a line to Wal-Mart, Sears, Penneys, etc., etc., etc....and TELL them this. Tell them how much you spent and that you did so out of a conscious effort to avoid giving your holiday $$ to stores that employ illegals (all three of these do) and stores that cater to illegals through Spanish-language advertising and signage, etc.

It's not a boycott if they don't know they are being boycotted
    OK I will call but that kind of a boycott does me little good as we have no illegals here for the businesses to hire. I can do the major companys Sears, ect. but the local bussinesses it wouldn't work so I boycott where things were made. I will make calls to the major companies though!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast