Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

RR, if I remember correctly, they DO NOT pollinate. That's the TICKET TO THE WEALTH!!! And the ticket TO THE POWER!! I think of the seed/plants as neutered.

I'll have my son explain this to me in more detail. I know that there are different "levels" .....will let you know.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.colostate.edu/programs/lifes ... /what.html

This is a good description from Colordado State University...the seeds are implanted with an artificial pollinator that causes they to grow without pollination. The pollen they "release" after growth is sterile. Another concern is when the GM seeds enter the soil.

Click through this website to learn more. It lists other concerns as well.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

One of our posters had implied that the bees weren't the only pollinators and that is, of course, correct. However, I knew that the bees were needed for certain crops. Asked my husband {former bee keeper} and this is what he pulled up. He was in complete disagreement in that bees weren't that important.........last year he became worried for our area as we've seen a drop in the bee population and some of our produce & fruit did not do well. I'd remembered he mentioned that his fear was that the bees weren't pollinating properly.

LOL, now he's on the warpath! Very Happy
    I appreciate your polite tone. However one again, as you acknowledged bees are not the only pollinators. My guess what you are referencing is orchard practices where they grow the trees "in the clear". This is a modern practice of non-sustainable agriculture. The primary idea is to eliminate all vegetation beneath the plants so you do not "waste" fertilizers etc and to allow the free spraying of pesticides (i.e. they have no where to hide). (What is ludicrous about this practice is it requires the additional of inert organic matter back into the soil - LOL!!!) Another problem is mono cropping. Under these conditions there are not enough variety of places for "other: pollinators to live so these orchards rely on bee keepers who rent their hives to the orchards to pollinate their crops for them. The bees are carted in , hand a round for a week or so and then the hives are removed. The orchards is then free to nuke the heck out of the orchard again. It is these orchard operations that depend on bees.

Frankly, as a whole, we might be better off it the bees are decimated. It might force a change in agriculture practices.

Once again, in my own area, the lack of bees has not been a problem. I use mulches and green safe zones which harbor thousands of other pollinators. This is also why I can grow marginal fruits, such as Japanese plums...I have pollinators available at temperatures that are not appropriate for bees to be active in. Now my neighbor a traditional grower has been female dogging up a storm about the bee thing. He wonders why I have fruit and he does not. When I tell him he just grumps something about lib farming practices – LOL, when he is one of the biggest welfare tarts of all (Gov subsidies).

So in summary, bees are nice, but they are not necessary. They do not "own" the pollination niches.

Patriotman

patriotman,
    although we are biodiverse in our personal little corner of the world, I again disagree with you.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Patriotman--the bees that are dying ARE the RENTED BEES!! It is the beekeeper bees that they use to pollinate orchards, melons, almonds, many types of agriculture that are dying. Read the article....it is the commercial bees that are dying. After the commerical bees are dead, there are no more bees.

GM products do not require bees to pollinate. They self-pollinate once. The pollen and seed from the crop is dead, sterile and toxic and enters the environment. It kills anything that eats it thinking it is real pollen or real seed when it's just poison that looks like pollen to a bee or butterfly or seed to a bird....the natural pollinators.

The Bt Toxin was ADDED to make it sterile so that if these super growing plants got in your yard they would not grow. If they take seed, you can't kill with with hercides because they were designed to be RoundUp Resistant. The theory was to plant a herbicide resistant crop so you could spray without hurting the crop. The addition of the Bt Toxin solved that problem, but created another. It kills what eats it.

Monsanto's GM Wheat is called RoundUp Ready Wheat...RoundUP resistant.

DuPont's GM products are called the Terminator Series

I think DuPont's patented trademark says it all.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.organicconsumers.org/ge/humanrice031505.cfm

USDA Considering Approval of Human Genes in Rice in Missouri

Are these people real????

Where did they GET the HUMAN GENES?

I thought this was illegal.....oh that's right, we learned from another article I posted that the:

SUPREME COURT RECENTLY DECIDED TO ALLOW THE PATENTING OF:

"life forms"....

The Supremes Are At It Again!!!

"Aint no Mountain High Enough" for those Craaaaazy Supremes!!

Oh, I learned that Clarence Thomas used to be an Attorney for.....you got it, MONSANTO!!

And, my family stayed glued to the television for almost a week pulling for him during his Senate Confirmation to the United States Supreme Court!!

http://www.organicconsumers.org/ge/ultimate030205.cfm

Here is an article about the:

Genetically Engineered Trees - The Ultimate Threat

Scroll down and look for the paragraph on the Bt Toxins.

These toxins are already known to harm all types of beneficial insects, mice, birds that are the food chain for many mammals.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234