Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Excerpt from "Blanket Primary":

Closed Primary – Independents Excluded (14 States)

Alaska Nebraska Oklahoma

Connecticut Nevada Pennsylvania

Delaware New Jersey South Dakota

Kentucky New Mexico Wyoming

Maine New York

Closed Primary – Independents Included (14 States)

Arizona Kansas Oregon

California Maryland Rhode Island

Colorado Massachusetts Utah

Florida New Hampshire West Virginia

Iowa North Carolina

Open Primary – Public Declaration (11 States)

Alabama Indiana Tennessee

Arkansas Mississippi Texas

Georgia Ohio Virginia

Illinois South Carolina

Open Primary – Private Declaration (9 States)

Hawaii Minnesota North Dakota

Idaho Missouri Vermont

Michigan Montana Wisconsin...

Nonpartisan Primary (1 State)

Louisiana

"Blanket Primary" was issued in June 2001.
    http://www.secstate.wa.gov/office/osos_ ... JS0A%3d%3d

The State of Washington has an open primary.
    http://www.secstate.wa.gov/elections/pd ... ummary.pdf
    http://www.secstate.wa.gov/elections/pd ... ty_FAQ.pdf

In some states that have presidential primaries only a Republican or Democrat voter may vote in the primary for a Republican or Democrat candidate for President, respectively.
    http://www.votewomenshealth.org/primaries.htm

Re: Switching

Quote Originally Posted by justjeffUS
    William,

This has been weighing heavy on me. There is a severe problem with changing your voter status. Who is credible enough to run against the main line R or D? It is throwing your vote away in a sense. There are people telling the R party not to vote along party lines. This makes sense at least unitll there is a third party heavy weight.
    Jeff.
    No matter what your affiliation or lack of affiliation, you may still vote for any candidate in the main election. Being registered to a Party let's them count eggs in a basket before they're hatched. If all voters were unaffiliated then there should be more competition to meet needs/wants of citizens/voters.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    The thing that worries me about this idea is what if good candidates in the Republican party like Tancredo need our primary votes in states that do not have open primaries?

W
    Republicans seem to be worried. Pretty near all of them ran unopposed in KY. I think we'll see lots more of that tactic.

Looks like Jim Bunning is my man here. McConnell is not going my way. Looks like he doesn't want his job anymore.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The thing that worries me about this idea is what if good candidates in the Republican party like Tancredo need our primary votes in states that do not have open primaries?

W
    If I hear that Tom Tancredo is running for President in 2008, I will be happy to change my party affiliation to Republican.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar

Re: How do you feel about this protest idea?

Friends,

If for some reason these horrible laws even pass the Senate, I'm considering changing my voter registration to unaffiliated or independent.

I'm considering spreading the word about this nationally if you think it is a good idea.

Everyone needs to vote and be registered, but I'm really starting to doubt if I want an R or a D next to my name. Perhaps there are even some D's that would consider leaving their party voter registration over this.

Now, before someone tries to sell me on a 3rd Party... If I do this and announce this as a form of protest then it needs to be something that a broad spectrum of people will support. Otherwise, I may just to it privately.

W
    You might want to stay affiliated. It gives you more power within a party than an independent. While in NC you're safe in a lot of other states people can't vote in the primaries.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

I'm going to release this discussion as a sticky for now. There are more dynamics that must be thought through before we initiate something like this.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am proud to say that I NEVER voted for neither of the Bush's. I do support the NRA 100% , and that, in my opinion is what gave GW his win, but I felt that there were other issues that were more important at the time, and that is why I voted against him. In Pa, you have to vote either D or R in May, but come November, I will be voting I!

Keeping topic as a sticky for now

Alipac President "W"

You and others help to ground the emotions and thoughts of many, with all these discussions. There are so many people on this site, who are so informed, so intelligent, so wise, we all benefit greatly. And, I must add, witty. There are times I laugh out loud at some comments. That too, relieves some of the current pressures. Lends forth different perspectives as well.

I have had the voter change of registration forms here now; for several months actually. Have been mulling over the thought. One doesn't want to jump out of the fying pan into the fire. Which is better? The devil you know or the devil you don't?

Personally, I think it best to sit in the weeds and watch as far as changing voter registrations. We've always voted for the person anyway, not the party.

When I get the current bout of Verterinaroam bills out of the way, even those that are forthcoming, I will be sending my monitary donation to Alipac and the Minutemen. In the interim, will do what I can via emails, letters, and phone calls.

Thank you for this discussion group and all you do.

Independent

Quote Originally Posted by anniealone
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizen
    I do have two questions.

Also is it true if you register something other than a Dem or a Rep, you can't vote in the primary elections?
    Is that true? I was going to say I'm all for it, but not if that is true. I want to be able to vote.
    Hi ya'll,

It is that way in Texas. There are two Independents trying to get on the ballot. They have to have 75,000 signatures to even get on. Then our silent but illegal immigrant loving governor slipped in the amendment that if you vote in the primaries you can't sign the petition for an independent candidate to get on the ballot.

I did not vote in the primaries. I am usually not a one issue voter. This illegal immigration thing I don't think we will survive as a country. I think we can and will and have survived a total majority of the Dem's in The House, The Senate, The Whitehouse, Governors and local but we won't survive this illegal immigration without becoming a third world country.

Already the diseases that have been eradicated are returning to prominence. Fair wages are dropping, the whole bit. Neighborhoods and towns are looking like little mexico. I understand not shooting off my nose in spite of my face thing but our ELECTED LEADERS our representing someone right now and it does not seem to be me. It seems some kind of an agenda or something we don't know about but I get a bad feeling in the wind.

I have decided to go back to scrutinizing everyone I vote for. But this go around I am going to be a one issue voter because I think illegal immigration could be the end of this country as we know it. SECURE BORDERS AT ALL COST, NO AMNESTY EVER AGAIN, ENFORCE OUR EXISTING LAWS and PLEASE LEAVE IN AN ORDERLY MANNER will get my vote.

Right now in Texas a musician I have listened to forever is running. He is just silly enough to not care about the political winds of offending Vicente Fox or PC people. Kinky Freedman gets my vote so far. I think both parties need to remember that we do vote and we do count. I would not mind either that Rick Perry got hammered by a musician. They are doing this right in our face, knowing they will get our vote at crunch time because we tend to be reasonable people. Reasonable is just about over with me.

I have your back, but I think we are outnumbered. Ya'll be safe.

Trouble@PleaseMoveOn.Com

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678