Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How do you feel about this protest idea?

Friends,

If for some reason these horrible laws even pass the Senate, I'm considering changing my voter registration to unaffiliated or independent.

I'm considering spreading the word about this nationally if you think it is a good idea.

Everyone needs to vote and be registered, but I'm really starting to doubt if I want an R or a D next to my name. Perhaps there are even some D's that would consider leaving their party voter registration over this.

Now, before someone tries to sell me on a 3rd Party... If I do this and announce this as a form of protest then it needs to be something that a broad spectrum of people will support. Otherwise, I may just to it privately.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

William:

Not going to try to sell you on a third party, though it is a reality that is long overdue.

I do though think such a message if one that became wide spread could send a chilling reality check to those within the beltway that the American people have had enough.

This whole debate would be a non issue if it were not for the very real reality that Corporate America's desire for a cheap labor force is over riding fairness as politicians sell out to their deep pocket supporters at the expense of average Americans and our families.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

I think there are ALOT of folks that want to be represented and feel like their party (which ever) is not serving their voters wishes. It almost seams like a dictatorship lately to me. I know that there is another side on this issue of illegal immigration. But I think I can safely say that a larger majority of the American population want our borders secured. Our form of government does not function propperly when it's common citizens no longer have a voice.

No one votes for a candidate that they believe in anymore; instead like in the Kerry/ Bush election it is the lesser of two evils that gets the majority of the votes. I'm sorry. I do not know what to do myself. even bringing a third party into the mix isn't gonna do much good because they would be such a minority conpared to the numbers of rep/ dem. that would share office with them. We need to figure out how to make those in office start listening and I damn sure don't know how that is gonna get done..Johnny

I do have two questions.

If a third party were to get elected as President , would'nt they have to still deal with a Republican, and Democrat House,and Senate?

Also is it true if you register something other than a Dem or a Rep, you can't vote in the primary elections?

Already registered independant years ago because I refused to be R or D. Didn't know unaffiliated was an option. My only warning is check with your state coz in some states you can't vote in primary elections unless you are registered either D or R.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizen
    I do have two questions.

Also is it true if you register something other than a Dem or a Rep, you can't vote in the primary elections?
    Is that true? I was going to say I'm all for it, but not if that is true. I want to be able to vote.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Quote Originally Posted by anniealone
    I do have two questions.

Is that true? I was going to say I'm all for it, but not if that is true. I want to be able to vote.
    It varies from state to state. In NC, and many other states, Unaffiliated voters get to chose which party primary they want to vote in on primary day. In other states, unaffiliated voters cannot vote in the primary.

I guess what I'm asking are there any Rep or Dem voters here that would join me in the form of protest and do you think others would nationally?

I could say "I did not leave the Republican or Democrat Parties. The Republican and Democrat Parties have left America."

W

I think it's a great idea. Count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Quote Originally Posted by anniealone
    I do have two questions.

It varies from state to state. In NC, and many other states, Unaffiliated voters get to chose which party primary they want to vote in on primary day. In other states, unaffiliated voters cannot vote in the primary.

I guess what I'm asking are there any Rep or Dem voters here that would join me in the form of protest and do you think others would nationally?

I could say "I did not leave the Republican or Democrat Parties. The Republican and Democrat Parties have left America."

W
    I would definitely join you. I am a registered Republican right now. I think its a great idea! The key is getting enough people to do it nationwide. If we could, it would send a really strong message!
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

in some states you can't vote in primary elections unless you are registered either D or R.
    Exactly, and the question is where does this apply (which state), and then if you dis-affiliate, does that change the creteria to register ?

The concept of making sure that no one is taken for granted by either major party is right on track.

But the problem is that the 2 parties trust their systems of geodemographics and "statistical probabilities Matrix" that are given to them by the pollsters.

With the help of the pollsters, they work to statistically take the Average Voter out ...so that they CAN take them for granted (through predicted behavior)

So the key might be in ways to change or alter the predictions of the pollsters or have either party at least THINK this is the case.

The Idea then of withdrawing party affiliation is to keep the Polsters and politicians guessing. Where the right to vote is retained in the particular states, that might be possible.

It would be nice to have the right to have cameras (video) at the locations where the ballots are counted after the voting has finished and has taken place. Some days, I wonder if that would not be a good start towards the "checks and balances" that are supposed to exist.
    Let's be brutally honest: THe Only thing that matters is when you force Politicians to STOP and PAY Attention to You. Its time to think about ways to do that.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast