Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If I suspected that anyone was illegal where I worked, I would be turning the business into ICE.

If I suspected that the employer was ever favoring a certain group of people over others-----I would make sure that I gathered some proof, then get an attorney.
    I think we would all agree, Bren. But remember, we are mostly thinking about Americans who may be laid off from their jobs or otherwise very needy of a job, and they may not feel they have the resources or even the will (if times are very hard for them) to take much action on their own behalf. There is no La Raza for laid off or poor Americans.

So, we're talking about the government's RESPONSIBILITY to ensure that the laws of our country are ENFORCED for the sake of the citizens of the country, all U.S. citizens, but ESPECIALLY those who are more vulnerable to having their rights as citizens denied to them by greedy, unlawful employers and by leaders of other countries, (such as Vicente Fox and Felipe Calderone who do not care one iota about U.S. laws and U.S. citizens)

(But I would agree with your plan. I'm just not so sure that it might be as easy for Americans who may mostly be the victims of these situations.)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    If I suspected that anyone was illegal where I worked, I would be turning the business into ICE.

If I suspected that the employer was ever favoring a certain group of people over others-----I would make sure that I gathered some proof, then get an attorney.
    I think we would all agree, Bren. But remember, we are mostly thinking about Americans who may be laid off from their jobs or otherwise very needy of a job, and they may not feel they have the resources or even the will (if times are very hard for them) to take much action on their own behalf. There is no La Raza for laid off or poor Americans.

So, we're talking about the government's RESPONSIBILITY to ensure that the laws of our country are ENFORCED for the sake of the citizens of the country, all U.S. citizens, but ESPECIALLY those who are more vulnerable to having their rights as citizens denied to them by greedy, unlawful employers and by leaders of other countries, (such as Vicente Fox and Felipe Calderone who do not care one iota about U.S. laws and U.S. citizens)

(But I would agree with your plan. I'm just not so sure that it might be as easy for Americans who may mostly be the victims of these situations.)
    Again, thats total blackmail!!!!!!!
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen

I would gather evidence and turn them into the Dept of Labor. Before, hiring an attorney, I would first start off contacting this organization!!

Pass this on if you know anybody who may need it!!

http://www.irli.org/about.html
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    http://www.jobdestruction.org/ShameH1B/Horror.htm
    8/24/2003

Laid off from IBM

I decided to leave hi tech altogether when I encountered other unemployed hi tech workers at a local Reemployment Center who had advanced degrees and had been out of work for 2 years. I start back to our local community college to pursue a Sonography (ultrasound) degree. I have been trying to get my tuition and books paid for by a federally-funded program called WIA (Workforce Investment Act). I applied to the program in June 2003, the person I was working with at the Worksource Career Center, took so long to get anything done that it was the middle of August before I finally got submitted for approval. I was finally sent an email the week before Fall classes started telling me that the funds had been frozen. After spending the day making phone calls, I finally found out that they had run out of WIA funding for the fiscal year and would not get refunded until October. However, it will be the Spring semester before it will do me any good, that is provided I get approved.

After further research, I learned that our great leader, G.W. Bush, had funding cut for WIA.

I would gather evidence and turn them into the Dept of Labor. Before, hiring an attorney, I would first start off contacting this organization!!

Pass this on if you know anybody who may need it!!
    When U.S. citizens file for unemployment after being laid off, they should be given a pamphlet which informs them that they have a right to work for a U.S. citizen or someone who is in the United States LEGALLY in accordance with the law.

Then instructions on who to call if they believe that they could be working for or under the supervision of someone who is in the U.S. illegally.

Americans DESERVE at LEAST that much help with this mess of a situation which our government has gotten us into.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I went to college on a BEOG.(Basic Educational Oppritunity Grant) That was in the 70's so I don't know if they even exist anymore.
    ------------------------

I'm not working for an IA, but our general contractor seems to have absolutely no qualms in having lots of them on our project, and certainly other projects of theirs as well. My previous project (for a different contractor) was a beach resort that charged astronomical fees for its rooms (I was totally shocked) to well heeled customers, yet had IA all over the place and also ontracted with them. The owners were millionaires who could easily have hired Americans instead.

The rich simply do not care.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

I lost my job because WIA was cut. I helped run a computer school for retraining laid-off American workers. Student after student came in with a $4-5,000 stipend for services. The business owner was furious when WIA asked why we don't offer secretarial course in Spanish-only. She said because they are here to work in America! What's the point? Then WIA was cut, I was laid off, and I couldn't get any of the retraining funding that would have been available to me. The students felt sorry for me, that I ran a program I couldn't have for myself. I feel sorry for the owner, who was doing well for many years as a woman-owned small business until the cut. Now we're both in financial hell and our only crime was to run a business that supported down and out Americans. WIA won't help me with ANYTHING, except to let me use a computer to look for jobs. There isn't much to apply for anyway, since I have college degrees and I don't want to speak Spanish on the job.

Quote Originally Posted by sofedup
    I lost my job because WIA was cut. I helped run a computer school for retraining laid-off American workers. Student after student came in with a $4-5,000 stipend for services.
    When I was laid off in October 2001 from a job that was determined to have been eliminated by 9-11, I spent over 1 year chasing down the WIA program without ever getting a dime. Why? When the federal government established something called "Individual Training Accounts" they promised that WIA qualified candidates could get up to $4000 dollars to help them get training tuition but there was a huge loophole. When this money is "awarded", it is up to local branches of non-profit related work agencies to decide how this money is spent (places similar to where you worked). Most places decided that the $4000 was not to be given to individual students but "spent" by allowing students to get "help" writing resumes and being sent to job interviews. The actual funds went to pay employees of government job agencies where the $4000 went into the funding pool for these salaries. So by getting help from a job agency you were getting "funded" your $4000 training account (ITA) by going to classes on how to write resumes and conduct yourself in an interview. The whole thing was a joke! The particular agency I was assigned to was staffed by unqualified government workers who had no idea how to help people find work. When I kept asking where the Individual Training Accounts were they kept changing the subject because they didn't want anyone to know that they had already gotten their hands on the $4000 before it could go to me!

To make things worse, I was 'assigned' to this particular place by the location of where my unemployment benefits came out of, so I could not chase down the location of where the funds could be reapplied. All the phone calls, including calls to Wahington, D.C. were the same: Everyone in the WIA program knew there was alot of money to start with but that the money had run out or that funds "were frozen". The funds were not frozen at all, in my opinion, but had been mispent on salaries and overhead expenses BEFORE they go to the student.

Another thing about the job center I was sent to was its location in Dearborn Michigan. About a year ago a newspaper article claimed that it was under investigation from the FBI for channeling money to the middle-East for terrorist causes. I also got the impression that they helped out people from Arabic countries who were here illegally. After everything was said and done, this particulatr government job agency did not setup a single job interview for me. NOT ONE!

How can our country keep putting up with this corruption!

Millere, I saw everything you are talking about, including the sudden disappearance of large amounts of funding halfway through the year. I had to see the sad faces of laid-off Americans begging our school for a discount since they had no funding. We just couldn't keep the school afloat on discounts. When they stopped giving WIA vouchers to students altogether, we were told they had decided it was more cost effective to assist people in getting the same type of job they were laid off from, rather than improve their skill-set.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast