Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How Should America Respond to Mexico's Tariff Increase?

By John W. Lillpop

Given the fact that Mexico is almost entirely dependent on the United States for its economic viability, one would expect authorities in that failed state to avoid confrontations with America the great.

However, Mexico is governed by a gaggle of corrupt, inept, and greedy elitists who simply cannot accept American dominance over their failed state.

That fact was made clear recently when Mexico decided to increase tariffs against U.S. products in retaliation for a common sense decision to keep unsafe, dangerous Mexican trucks out of America.

As reported at World Net Daily, in part:

"Mexico has announced a decision to increase tariffs on 90 U.S. products in retaliation for a congressional decision last week to remove the funds for the Department of Transportation's Mexican truck demonstration project, making it clear the NAFTA trucking is by no means finished.

WND reported one day after signing the $410 billion omnibus funding bill into law, along with its provisions ending the DOT Mexican truck demonstration projects, President Obama instructed the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative to work with Congress, the DOT, the state department and Mexican officials to come up with legislation to create 'a new trucking project that will meet the legitimate concerns' of Congress under the North American Free Trade Agreement, or NAFTA.

Then the Mexican Economy Department told a news conference in Mexico City that the new tariffs will affect about $2.4 billion in trade, impacting 90 agricultural and industrial products exported to Mexico from some 40 U.S. cities, according to the Associated Press.

Teamster President Jim Hoffa characterized the Mexican government's threat as an 'absurd overreaction.'

'The right response from Mexico would be to make sure its drivers and trucks are safe enough to use our highways without endangering our drivers," Hoffa said. 'The border must stay closed until Mexico upholds its end of the bargain.' "

What a novel concept. Welcome to America, Mr. Hoffa!

Unfortunately, with Barack Obama in charge, America is likely to concern itself more with the needs of Mexico than America and her citizens.

If the president were a genuine patriot and committed to America First!, a number of responses could be made to Mexico's "absurd overreaction," including the following:

* Immediately cut off all U.S. aid to Mexico

* Terminate funding for the Merida Project handout

* Secure US-Mexican border with armed force

* Round up and deport the 12-38 million illegal aliens currently in America

* Intercept the $30-50 billion sent to Mexico by illegal aliens each year and use said funds to pay for stolen public services, and

* Bill the government of Mexico for the hundreds of billions of taxpayer money wasted on services for illegal aliens.

With America in a serious economic decline, much of which is the result of providing public services to illegal aliens from Mexico, it is past time to take bold steps to protect the interests of the American people above those of that failed state to our south!

NO! They don't have the upper hand. They export more then they import.

Besides, what do they export that we don't already have in the US, other than drugs?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

* Stop buying oil from mexico

* Militarize the border with mexico.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

I am just as concerned about what is in the back of the trucks as how safe they are.

come on Marijuana in what was suppose to be spinach cans...gee do you think that came from a factory

Or how about the report 75 illegals found in the back of semi from Mexico we have had several of those but...How many did they miss or not report since only 5% of them are inspected, in other words hid from us!

Hundreds of pounds of cocaine, in a truck

but then the threat of a 60,000LB weapon rolling down the highway with a drunk driver behind the wheel and my kids on the road doesn't make me feel any better.

We probably don't even want to get into their English proficiency since when I watched the hearing with Dorgan, Mary Peters told him they are allowed to take the test in Spanish.

Who has the upper hand????they have come no where near fulfilling their end of the NAFTA agreement and besides most of us would just as soon get out of it....you see globalization isn't doing all that much for the average American.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

The Mexican government is no friend to the people of the U.S. Case in point, they just stabbed us in the back when we are having trouble.

Mexico's betrayal and agression should not be forgotten by American politicians, business folks, and citizens!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Shut down any and all transactions with the Mexican government. There are plenty of people in other locations that could use the food or other items. Besides we already give Mexico millions in support plus take care of about 10 per cent of their population right here in the USA.

Screw them and the NAFTA..........it has been nothing but a failure and that came out during the presidential campaigns. So why deal with them.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

ELE

Mexico needs to collect their trash.

All we have to do is threaten to put the trash ( illegals) back on their side of their side of the fence and secure our borders.

Quote from ELE;

All we have to do is threaten to put the trash ( illegals) back on their side of their side of the fence and secure our borders.
    I agree with you, but we shouldn't just threaten. Perhaps we can break out the mystical FEMA trains and get them loaded and rolling South.

Bill them for the medical care provided to of their citizens.

Bill them for the welfare that their citizens have fraudulently bilked our country for.

Sue them for damages on behalf of the American Citizens that have been damaged or killed by their citizens because they have encouraged and abetted their citizens in coming here to break our laws and gut our economy.

Stop electronic funds transfers to Mexico.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How Should America Respond to Mexico's Tariff Increase?
    BUILD A WALL the entire length of the U.S./Mexican border and never allow anything to go out or in from either direction until hell freezes over!!
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT!! ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THAT COMES FROM ACROSS THAT BORDER!!

Hershey just closed the Reading, PA plant that makes York Peppermint Patties, putting several hundred Americans out of work. It is also my understanding that Hershey Kisses are now made in Mexico. I will either find a chocolate made in the USA, or I will do without. With summer swimsuit season just around the corner, that's not a bad idea.

The rest of the world thinks Americans are too pampered and soft to do without or to put up a fight. The rest of the world is in for a very rude awakening.
    <div>
    </div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast