Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

does anybody know what Ron Pauls amendement to the constitution was? I know he put something forth. but I am curious why others didn't sign on to his, but are supporting this lesser bill?

Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail
    does anybody know what Ron Pauls amendement to the constitution was? I know he put something forth. but I am curious why others didn't sign on to his, but are supporting this lesser bill?
    Didn't he have one on birthright citizenship also??
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Okay I emailed my Rep;
    Here is mine, I toned it down a bit.
    ------------------

Subject: Co-Sponsor H.R. 1940
    August 28, 2007

Rep Rahm Emanuel,

Please co-sponsor HR 1940, also known as The Birthright Citizenship Act of 2007, authored by Rep. Nathan Deal.

This will end the anchor baby problem plaguing America. The illegal aliens are exploiting our laws trying to gain citizenship. This will plug that hole in the law.

The 14th Amendment was meant for Black slaves, NOT FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS.

The majority of Americans are upset with illegal aliens taking advantage of the 14th because up until now no one tried to stop them. This HR 1940 act can change that for good!

Also please ask other Illinois Reps to co-sponsor as well.

We the people of America are counting on our elected officials, please don’t let us down!
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Thats a great letter "Mad" short, firm and to the point!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

MadInChicago, even if your Reps don't agree with you, write and phone anyway and tell them you will not vote for them in the future if they insist on ignoring the will of the people. With Obama, I would remind him that if he can't even represent the people of his state, why would anyone believe he would represent the entire country.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Thats a great letter "Mad" sort, firm and to the point!!
    Thanks!
    If he replys I'll post it. He has replyed on two or three of my emails(letters)

But as I noted above, not always with good news!

(We'll See)
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Quote Originally Posted by MadInChicago
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Thats a great letter "Mad" sort, firm and to the point!!
    Thanks!
    If he replys I'll post it. He has replyed on two or three of my emails(letters)

But as I noted above, not always with good news!

(We'll See)
    That would be great, we like to see what they say!! Well we all have one that's not always good news, but we must not give up on them at least until we can get them out of office.

MW
    BrightNail wrote:

Amending the U.S. Constitution is a lot tougher than getting a bill approved. Heck, how can we expect to get a constitutional amendment through the U.S. Congress when we can't even get Deal's bill through committee?

Deal's bill is our best chance at getting anything done on the anchor baby issue.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Signed the e-petition

I signed the e-petition to support HR1940 at http://www.birthrightpetition.com/. My husband signed as well. He sent an email to our Representative Paul Kanjorski (who was quite outspoken about killing the Shamnesty bill if it made it out of the Senate!) saying "As a concerned registered voter in your congressional district, I need to know your stance on HR1940, "To amend section 301 of the Immigration and Nationality Act to clarify those classes of individuals born in the United States who are nationals and citizens of the United States at birth." I highly recommend that you cosponsor this bill along with the current 79 other representatives, or at the very least, give your public support to this legislation. Again, your voting constituency WANTS H.R.1940 passed AND enforced. Thank you for your time and I am looking forward to seeing your name listed as the newest cosponsor of this ingenius piece of legislation!"
    I called his local office, and a woman transferred me to his Washington DC office, where I was greeted by a man who said he had no idea what Kanjorski's thoughts are on this bill (he sounded surprised ... did he not know the bill existed??). He took down my name and address and said he would pass on my request to one of the aides and they would get in touch with me.
    One more thing, Voice of the People USA joined Rep Kanjorski in Ashley, PA last night to ask him why he hadn't acted upon a letter sent him by the org's leaders. Here is an excerpt from the Voice of the people's website: "Last nite at the town meeting Renee and I were the first to ask Kanjorski a question.... and Renee walked across the floor and handed him the letter of July 27th.I asked him if he read it and he said yes I did ...and he did not even have to read it as he put it down and then went into detail about the letter..He said he called ICE and demanded answers about the Hazleton murder witness being released and he said ICE told him Hazleton Pd failed to notify ICE to put a detainer on the illegal murder suspect...Kanjorski also said to the audience he called the Luzerne county Da's office and asked for an explanation...He said that if necessary he will hold hearings...OK he then went on for 10 minutes talking about the damage illegal's are doing in driving down wages..and Renee said how about Crime..Kanjorski then said he doesn't think illegals are responsible for too much crime in the area...I told him one victim is too many and he agreed..I told him even judge Munley said it is a federal responsibility and you Congressman are a federal official . I told him the people want action and we are looking to him to take the lead in the anti illegal fight. he said all of us need to call Bush I told him we did....look I am satisfied that he acted on our letter because he did not even read the letter we handed him ...he was well versed on the contents of the letter...the crowd of 100 gave Renee and I a very loud round of applause and several made comments who were sitting behind us that they agreed with us all the way...so as far as the letter I believe the letter was very effective and the press was given a copy of the letter....we were in 2 newspapers today so I am satisfied. Now we will continue with the letters to all other elected officials on our brand new letterhead....as the fight continues.and the Officials of the Voice Of The People USA will continue to serve you ...the supporters of this great organization.. honestly without all of you we cannot continue....Greg Griffin Legislative Committee.."
    The site link is http://www.voiceofthepeopleusa.com/
    Proud wife of an undocumented ICE agent.
    Definition of a RACIST according to Madeline Cosman : Real American Committed to Integrity Sovereignty and Truth

Quote Originally Posted by MadInChicago
    Okay I emailed my Rep;
    Here is mine, I toned it down a bit.
    ------------------

Subject: Co-Sponsor H.R. 1940
    August 28, 2007

Rep Rahm Emanuel,

Please co-sponsor HR 1940, also known as The Birthright Citizenship Act of 2007, authored by Rep. Nathan Deal.

This will end the anchor baby problem plaguing America. The illegal aliens are exploiting our laws trying to gain citizenship. This will plug that hole in the law.

The 14th Amendment was meant for Black slaves, NOT FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS.

The majority of Americans are upset with illegal aliens taking advantage of the 14th because up until now no one tried to stop them. This HR 1940 act can change that for good!

Also please ask other Illinois Reps to co-sponsor as well.

We the people of America are counting on our elected officials, please don’t let us down!
    ---------------------------------

I finally got a reply from my Congressman Rahm Emanuel

Subject: Re: IMA MAIL ON Immigration
    Date: Sep 10 2007 11:30a
    To: xxxxx@xxx.xxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. xxxxxxx :

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts regarding H.R. 1940, the " Birthright Citizenship Act of 2007 ." Your views are important to me, and I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, H.R. 1940 Amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to consider a person born in the United States a citizen if the person's parents are (1) a U.S. citizen or national; (2) a lawful permanent resident alien whose residence is in the United States ; or (3) an alien performing active service in the armed forces. Currently, this legislation has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee, where it awaits review. Rest assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind when given the chance to act upon this legislation.

As a lifelong resident of Chicago , it is a tremendous privilege, honor and responsibility to represent the Fifth Congressional District of Illinois. I am working hard on issues that matter most to residents of our community, including making health care more affordable and accessible, ensuring our environment is protected for our children, and developing a budget that reflects the values of our families.

Again, thank you for sharing your views about this important matter. Please log onto www.house.gov/emanuel for continued updates on my work, and do not hesitate to contact me again about those issues that are important to you. It is an honor to serve you in the U.S. Congress.

-----------------

Dose anyone know what this means?

this legislation has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee,

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast