Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hurrican Ike and Texas and illegals and resources?

I saw part of some news channel tonight and they were saying there were blocks long lines and hospitals were overflowing with no ability to handle trauma etc....

and I got to thinking..

How many illegals are in the lines getting the free food or overcrowding the hospitals and what are the legal citizens feeling or doing...

anybody know the statistics or reports on this?

Hurricane IKE

I live 30 miles north of Houston. No power since Saturday. We have internet by generator and land line phones. I can not answer your question with stats, but the sheer numbers of illegals affected by the storm is enormous. The size and strength of Ike was more than anyone predicted.
    Many of the longest lines now are for FEMA assistance. Food stamps and hotel vouchers or cash may be available. The news reports say to bring ID, address, but no proof of income level required. Those who were receiving government assistance BEFORE the storm will have funds credited to their Lone Star cards.
    I really have no problem with those who truthfully need help because of damage, loss of workplace, or loss of home getting some help. It should be only short term tho.
    The Federal government is so inept at this stuff it is disgraceful. At least Chertoff has said the debit cards after Katrina were a bad idea and would not be repeated. Many who received the cards used them for TV's and jewery, not rent or food.
    Houston has water back to the city and power to more areas each day. It just amazes me that people can not function without power. I heard of a woman with a gas stove who did not know she could light the top burners to cook with a match. The electronic igniter will not work but a match will light the gas. Many did not know that cordless, portable phones don't work, but an old land line phone will. I bet thousands of people without computers have the land line service, but do not have a land line phone. We have kept an old cheap one around for power outages and this has been our most reliable source of communication to the outside world.
    We had minor damage to our home so we are Praising God. Also have a generator wired to the house so we have running hot water, refrig and freezer. The cooler weather has been a real blessing as well.

Check out local news sites. Much info there.
    www.click2houston.com
    www.chron.com
    www.khou.com

Texan123,

Yes, the weather has been beautiful. Sorry to hear you are roughing it right now.

Emanon,

There is a media blackout in the Galveston area.

Actually, I think they have ran everyone off the island, since there is no water, sewage or electricity, not to mention the debris and bio hazzard in the standing water. They are letting residents only on and making them leave. Beaumont is just as bad, I saw last night that the caskets were floating out of the ground there, since they didn't have the concrete cripts like they do in New Orleans. That's just terrible.

There are a lot of health risks in that area right now.

FEMA gives stuff to illegal aliens with anchor babies. I'm sure other charities are there too like the Salvation Army and I bet they don't ask about citizenship so your contributions to them could be given directily to illegal aliens. Then you have shelters all over Texas that are being used.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hurricane Ike

The thing that made me the maddest, was a scam call. Just after the storm, before noon Saturday. A man called saying he was with FEMA. He asked for my husband by name. Asked if we have home damage. (Yes, but was minor and would cost less to repair ourselves than our insurance deductible.)
    He went on to say that it would cost us $5,000.00 to have a FEMA inspector come to the house to assess damage.
    That's when we knew it was all a scam. He was going thru the phone book, getting names and addresses, and trying to get social security and credit card numbers. My caller ID works, but it was a private number.
    These are the lowest of the low. He had an Hispanic accent, but almost everyone does around here.
    Had a situation where a neighbor saw a female going thru her storage building. The neighbor just watched as the female left empty handed. Maybe she was looking for gas or something of value to pawn.
    Everyone is on high alert. Not a good time for door to door salesmen or those with criminal intent to mess with Texans. We are armed.

Hurricane Selters!

Emanon ,good point , I was thinking the same thing. It is not right having to give your resources after a hurricane to illegals. Ice , gas and doctors are so limited , that you will lose citizens for illegals. Where I live, after Katrina there were illegals brought to shelters by employers to live who had not been through the hurricane. I mean towns that were wiped off the map by Katrina. Eventually the police were called and the illegals were taken away .

Also, I am concerned about illegals in hurricane shelters because they have not been medically screened. I was planning on going to a shelter for Katrina , but at the last minute evacuated. Just as well I guess , for the roof blew off the shelter.

Texas123, I am glad to hear that you are handling Ike so well , and good luck with all the recovery in your area.
    Thomas Jefferson said: When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty !

Re: Hurrican Ike and Texas and illegals and resources?

Quote Originally Posted by Emanon
    I saw part of some news channel tonight and they were saying there were blocks long lines and hospitals were overflowing with no ability to handle trauma etc....

and I got to thinking..

How many illegals are in the lines getting the free food or overcrowding the hospitals and what are the legal citizens feeling or doing...

anybody know the statistics or reports on this?
    If you notice when the media strikes out to the PODS and interviews people in line ost of them don't speak English. That tells me that many in these lines more than likely are illegals.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas