Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I Demand The Right To Be Pandered To?

I heard recently two cases where Obama as well as McCain were speaking to "Hispanic" groups. Achtung! I think it's time that MY ethnic group was added to the list. I am three quarter German and I demand that you publicly announce how you are going to ensure that I finally receive my fair share of bratwurst and beer! I am sick and tired of being ignored! Why is it that only Hispanics get all the attention?? Now, don't go and try to brand me as an American even though I DID pledge allegiance to this country and no other. I'm smart enough to know that THOSE people are treated as second class citizens and can't even get the time of day from das government. I demand that you provide free transport and citizenship for my family in Germany! And one other thing, I want to be able to fly the German flag anytime I want, wherever I want, yah? And, oh...don't forget about the free bratwurst and beer! After all, aren't these my rights?
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

I'm Austrian and German so Ditto for me!!
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

What about MY pandering???

I'm not German at all, I don't like bratwurst and I don't drink beer!!

I'm technically a mutt, but I mostly sport an Irish look ... so I want potatoes and ale whenever I please. My Jewish roots also want Matzah balls, and my Native American Indian blood wants pandering in the form of legalized marijuana ..

Pander to ME baby ...
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

I am considered part of this ridiculous ethnic classification that is Hispanic, and as such, I find the pandering to be incredibly patronizing and insulting, and generally based on stereotypes. However, I find it interesting that you would like pandering for Germans, because as I've read through the years, German immigrants didn't quite assimilate overnight either. That's what happens when you have large numbers of immigrants who speak the same language and then continually replenish the communities they've established themselves in with new immigrants and illegal aliens from the same countries. It takes time. More so if no one in the media or government makes an effort to differentiate between the immigrants in that group and illegal aliens.

As I mentioned earlier, being on the receiving end of the pandering is incredibly insulting. All it does is highlight bigotry and prejudices on the part of those doing the pandering.

Quote Originally Posted by squishy
    I am considered part of this ridiculous ethnic classification that is Hispanic, and as such, I find the pandering to be incredibly patronizing and insulting, and generally based on stereotypes. However, I find it interesting that you would like pandering for Germans, because as I've read through the years, German immigrants didn't quite assimilate overnight either. That's what happens when you have large numbers of immigrants who speak the same language and then continually replenish the communities they've established themselves in with new immigrants and illegal aliens from the same countries. It takes time. More so if no one in the media or government makes an effort to differentiate between the immigrants in that group and illegal aliens.

As I mentioned earlier, being on the receiving end of the pandering is incredibly insulting. All it does is highlight bigotry and prejudices on the part of those doing the pandering.

I guess you and I are in the same boat then because I too am considered hispanic and I hate the pandering. Not all "hispanics" want amnesty, infact most don't because we're Americans not Mexicans and believe in the rule of law. I can't imagine placing these law breakers before those who want to come here legally. The over all attitude of these IA is disgusting and insulting and I don't want to be grouped in to the same category because they are not my people, I hate when others say that. My people are other USA citizens. So basically it's not just "whitey" who wants these people gone, it's 80% of America that's wants them gone and I wish they'd quit using the race card.

Well, what tickles me is that they are pandering to the wrong crowd thinking it will win them the election. There are a whole lot more Americans who are against illegal immigration, than there are Hispanics who want amnesty.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Well, what tickles me is that they are pandering to the wrong crowd thinking it will win them the election. There are a whole lot more Americans who are against illegal immigration, than there are Hispanics who want amnesty.
    I'm convinced that the majority of Hispanic-Americans they show on the news as supporters of amnesty are either anchor babies or were illegal themselves at one point.

Can you imagine every Ethnicity wanting there own Ethnicaly based caucus in Congress and what bedlam that would cause? I dont think the founding farthers had this in mind. Our Congress and Government have been balkinized and our country is next.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

AE

I have often wondered how we can continue, successfully, as a nation, when we continue to segregate ourselves and then demand special treatment all due to race?

I am glad that here on ALIPAC, we represent a good demographic of faithful Americans who see things for what they really are, and we all share many beliefs, which culminate in no amnesty for ANY illegal aliens (Visa holders who have overstayed their welcomes too), regardless of what race or ethnic group they may be from.

I can only hope and pray, that what we have here among ourselves, is a small scale of what we would find all over America. I do find it disheartening, to have groups such as NCLR, making it seem that ALL Hispanics want amnesty for Latino illegal aliens, I have to believe they do not speak for as many as they would like to think that they do.

I have to believe that we all share in our disgust, towards groups such as NCLR, who wish to segregate us, seemingly to divide and conquer, all for their own political ambitions (they do not have any of our interests at heat).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Quote Originally Posted by gemini282
    I guess you and I are in the same boat then because I too am considered hispanic and I hate the pandering. Not all "hispanics" want amnesty, infact most don't because we're Americans not Mexicans and believe in the rule of law. I can't imagine placing these law breakers before those who want to come here legally. The over all attitude of these IA is disgusting and insulting and I don't want to be grouped in to the same category because they are not my people, I hate when others say that. My people are other USA citizens. So basically it's not just "whitey" who wants these people gone, it's 80% of America that's wants them gone and I wish they'd quit using the race card.
    I say pretty much the same thing. My people are the ones who gave my parents freedom (USA) when their people (fellow Cubans) were trying to take it away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast