Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mcashame and obama figure that most Americans will vote for the lesser of two evils so they are lying as much as they can to entice every voter they can how sad why cant Americans see what is really going on with these politicians?
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHead
    Hispanics are not the only group politicians pander to ya know. What about white working men. You hear that all the time, about how they're trying to get their vote. What about the Jewish lobby. You always here them trying to win their vote by promising to continue sending billions to Israel. They also pander to African Americans, promising to help their economic situations. Oh, they even pander to foreign countries including Canada, Mexico, and Israel.

They pander to everyone, it's just the way it is with politics.

Except they keep saying how pivotal and crucial the "hispanic" vote is. That's all I keep hearing, how they are the ones who will be deciding the election which is bullsh*& considering only a small percentage of "hispanics" actually vote or can vote legally. It's thee politicians fault for making these IA and their supporters believe they built this country and are sustaining it just by their mere presence and they feed in to it without realizing they are being used just like everyone else. When the hispanic population dies down and settles like it surely will because that's what happens as I refuse to believe we'll be over run with them because if that was the case blacks would be the majority by now, then the politicians will move on to another group they can pander to and fill their head with marshmallows and cooton balls because to feed in to it means you don't really have much going on up in that brain.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Hispanics are not the only group politicians pander to ya know. What about white working men. You hear that all the time, about how they're trying to get their vote. What about the Jewish lobby. You always here them trying to win their vote by promising to continue sending billions to Israel. They also pander to African Americans, promising to help their economic situations. Oh, they even pander to foreign countries including Canada, Mexico, and Israel.
    I have to admit I have not followed politics as closely as now, but I never remember hearing "the white working man" till this year. The elderly, the young, because of their different needs. Yes, blacks and women when their rights were being fought for. But I've never heard of a scramble to the Asian community, haven't seen special adds in Chinese or Russian. I haven't heard of a special private meeting to speak to the Irish community or the Polish Womens Business group....or the African Singles Mother group or the single young white mans group. Ya, they pander and they try and cram everyone into a box as if all in that group feel exactly the same and are somehow vastly different than another ethnic or race group. White poverty isn't much different than Black poverty.....address poverty, not just poverty in one specific group. If that makes sense.
    You don't hear any of that because the main stream media does not report it. You do know there are illegals from Ireland living here right? Well you have your Irish activists meeting with politicians trying to push for the comprehensive reform or at least for the legalization of their own. But you don't hear the media reporting on that or even the politicians speaking about it in public because the Irish IA crowd is so much smaller compared to the Hispanic IA crowd, but nonetheless you still got the pandering there. You also have them meeting behind closed doors with the Israel lobby in hopes of getting the Jewish vote. You have them pandering to the youth as well. Politicians meet with various lobbyists and groups and pander to them you just don't hear about it in the media.

And I agree, address the issue of poverty for all Americans, White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Eskimo, whatever. But for certain issues they have to address specific groups. Blacks are more likely care about the issue of racial discrimination than Whites so there's a clear need there to solely address the Black community. So sometimes it makes sense to single out and address issues that matter most to a certain segment of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by gemini282

Except they keep saying how pivotal and crucial the "hispanic" vote is. That's all I keep hearing, how they are the ones who will be deciding the election which is bullsh*& considering only a small percentage of "hispanics" actually vote or can vote legally. It's thee politicians fault for making these IA and their supporters believe they built this country and are sustaining it just by their mere presence and they feed in to it without realizing they are being used just like everyone else. When the hispanic population dies down and settles like it surely will because that's what happens as I refuse to believe we'll be over run with them because if that was the case blacks would be the majority by now, then the politicians will move on to another group they can pander to and fill their head with marshmallows and cooton balls because to feed in to it means you don't really have much going on up in that brain.
    I haven't heard that mentioned in a while, what are you reading or watching? Univision? Telemundo? I think you're being a bit unfair here. Like I said, they say the same thing about the Jewish, Black, Women, and Youth vote. The Jewish population ain't that much big either and yet you still hear how, "The Jewish vote will be crucial". And they're probably right. Elections are usually very close and a group's vote no matter how small is crucial in such situations.

And yea, sadly it's the case with most Americans, they fall into the trap. You have Republicans voting for McCain and Democrats voting for Obama simply because of their party affiliations. It's not necessarily that they're brain dead it's just the way most humans are. They like to be part of the winning team or to feel special.

AE

Not a single lick of it is right. I have gotten so sick of the politics as usual, I just cannot watch the news a whole lot lately.

I am so tired of hearing about the ethnic voting blocks. It just needs to stop.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Quote Originally Posted by gemini282

I haven't heard that mentioned in a while, what are you reading or watching? Univision? Telemundo? I think you're being a bit unfair here. Like I said, they say the same thing about the Jewish, Black, Women, and Youth vote. The Jewish population ain't that much big either and yet you still hear how, "The Jewish vote will be crucial". And they're probably right. Elections are usually very close and a group's vote no matter how small is crucial in such situations.

And yea, sadly it's the case with most Americans, they fall into the trap. You have Republicans voting for McCain and Democrats voting for Obama simply because of their party affiliations. It's not necessarily that they're brain dead it's just the way most humans are. They like to be part of the winning team or to feel special.

Nope I don't watch those channels as I don't speak spanish. Watch cnn or fox news or msnbc and you'll hear it, how mcamnesty and obama need the hispanic vote to win and without it they can't etc etc.

Of course other groups are pandered to. In my opinion, however, there is a huge difference between pandering to Americans who belong to certain minority groups and addressing their specific needs (even if I don't agree with it), and pandering to law-breaking foreign nationals under the guise of reaching out to Hispanic Americans. By blaming each other for not passing the amnesty, which is something Hispanic Americans don't need, and by using Spanish media to say one thing on this particular issue, and then saying another in English media, it is very obvious who their focus is on when they are trying to reach the "Hispanic vote." As insulting and patronizing as I find pandering in general, no matter who is being pandered to, equating Hispanic Americans with law-breaking aliens is just that much more insulting to those of us who happen to fall under the Hispanic label.

Another thing is that "the Hispanic vote" is an absolute joke. Of the Hispanics that do have the right to vote, you know, Hispanic Americans, Cuban-Americans generally vote Republican, Mexican-Americans generallly vote Democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by squishy

Of course other groups are pandered to. In my opinion, however, there is a huge difference between pandering to Americans who belong to certain minority groups and addressing their specific needs (even if I don't agree with it), and pandering to law-breaking foreign nationals under the guise of reaching out to Hispanic Americans. By blaming each other for not passing the amnesty, which is something Hispanic Americans don't need, and by using Spanish media to say one thing on this particular issue, and then saying another in English media, it is very obvious who their focus is on when they are trying to reach the "Hispanic vote." As insulting and patronizing as I find pandering in general, no matter who is being pandered to, equating Hispanic Americans with law-breaking aliens is just that much more insulting to those of us who happen to fall under the Hispanic label.

Another thing is that "the Hispanic vote" is an absolute joke. Of the Hispanics that do have the right to vote, you know, Hispanic Americans, Cuban-Americans generally vote Republican, Mexican-Americans generallly vote Democrat.

Promising amnesty to upwards of 40 million people and being forced to learn spanish in order to be considered qualified for a job you could easily get 10 years ago without having to be fluent in spanish is different than someone speaking to blacks about poverty or women about equal pay. I agree with you Squishy, why are people who don't belong here being pandered to? In California our politicians are giving our money away to these people while we are in a financial crisis instead of giving that money to US citizens who want to attend college or who have fallen on hard times. And they want more of these people to flood our country and give them the keys to the castle, to vote and hand away our citizenship like it didn't mean anything.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123