Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I DON'T attend Mass THERE anymore!

For some 13 years, I attended Mass at a big Catholic church in downtown Dallas, TX. However, last October 14, I was ALMOST ARRESTED there for SPEAKING OUT against ILLEGAL immigration! The cop (a HISPANIC, by the way!) told me I was UPSETTING people by denouncing illegal immigration. I replied that if ANY of them were upset by what I said because they WERE here illegally, TOUGH! I told the cop that since illegals are CRIMINALS, he should be ARRESTING them for DEPORTATION! However, it proved IMPOSSIBLE to GET THROUGH to him, so I simply decided to leave. I have NOT returned to THAT church for Sunday Mass SINCE! I attend Saturday evening Mass at ANOTHER church pastored by a long-time MEXICAN priest friend of mine(here LEGALLY since age 12), who became an AMERICAN just LAST MONTH! And UNLIKE a LOT of OTHER priests, THIS one is a PATRIOT!

After 13 years, what a shame. I hope your new church can allow you another 13 years of Mass.

Good work on standing up for what you believe in. The problem is I am sure that out of the 10,000 illegals that crossed the border yesterday, one of them will easily fill your seat.

Situations like this increase the level of segmentation of the community. The more this segmentation continues the more defined the sides will be. The more defined the sides the messier the fight will be.

Its going to get ugly out there.

Am sorry about your church joazinha. It's like losing an old friend.

Why was the officer 'policing on church grounds' since there is a separation of church and state?

Too bad the truth upsets illegals....
    Illegal immigrantion upsets me and the police do nothing.

Pro-amnesty politicians are using U.S. citizenship as the currency to buy votes.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My experience with the Catholic church: My son was unable to attend public school because due to overcrowding (this is mostly due to the influx of illegals), they wanted to bus him to a school that had 25% ESL(English as a second language) and an even higher amount of reduced/free lunch students. That was unacceptable to us. We were very angry about this but the school board wouldn't budge. So both of us were raised Catholic and decided to send him to Catholic school. The school is great but boy does the church cater to illegals. They have separate masses in Spanish and print school/church information in English and Spanish. My son is taking Spanish class at school. It is required. I don't know. We feel we may have to find another private school and sadly we may leave the church because they are so supportive to the illegals. I can't believe how much things have changed since I was a kid.

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    It's strange, churches are supposed to be about good, but yet they cater to criminals which is bad and against the law.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

This is a sad phenomenon. I hope the Catholic Church will wake up soon. Has anyone ever tried writing the Vatican re: this issue? If enough Catholics were to complain, maybe the Vatican would do something about it?
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

I thought I read the pope issued an edict that said if they didn't stand by the illegals they would go to Hell.

Anyone remember what posting that article is in?

I don't know about the pope saying anything about anyone going to hell for refusing to support the illegals. But last June, while at a patriotic rally at a local Methodist church, I did hear a pro-illegal tell a fellow patriot that he WOULD go to hell for opposing illegal immigration. On hearing this, I reported it to the group's keynote speaker, Oklahoma State Rep. Randy Terrill, who authored the state's current tough anti-illegal immigration law. Rep. Terrill reassured me that OUR nation is a SEPARATE, SOVEREIGN state and thus HAS the SAME right to ban illegal immigration as any OTHER nation! Besides, Rep. Terrill observed, one CANNOT AID and ABET ILLEGAL immigration AND be a TRUE patriot of ANY country! He reassured me that patriotism is NEVER outdated, and that AMERICA NEEDS patriotism NOW MORE than EVER!

joazina, I would be willing to bet that the people the cop said you were offending many were Hispanic citizens not just illegals. We are a divided nation right now by the ethnocentric attitudes of many Hispanic citizens. All citizens no matter who they are should uphold the laws of this country and be American first.

I know some FINE Hispanic citizens who ARE Americans FIRST--Mr. Joe Loya, father-in-law of unjustly imprisoned Border Patrol Agent Ignacio Ramos, David Hernandez, Los Angeles journalist and mayoral candidate, Raymond Herrera, national rally spokesman for Jim Gilchrist's Minutemen Project, Lupe Moreno and her sister Angie Morfin, founders and directors of LAIR (Latino Americans for Immigration Reform), and more. As a Catholic himself, Mr. Loya has been especially helpful. He says he prizes my patriotism, reassures me that I AM doing the RIGHT thing by opposing illegal immigration, deeply appreciates my prayers and protests for Nacho Ramos and Jose Compean, and encourages my efforts to get out the REAL truth about their tragic and unjust fate to our fellow Americans and legal residents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast