Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I Fear................

I fear the adage may be true. I hope I am wrong but years of being active in the anti-invasion movement and still seeing the invaders arrive, seeing corporate America support the invaders, seeing laws against invasion not being enforced and the meager attempts by the elite's government to stop the invasion with noe real progress...... well, I can't help but have my doubts that we are doomed.

Around 300 million or so people within the USA and a major metropolitan area has a mere 100 folks show up for an anti-invasion rally.

Constantly hearing and reading uninformed Americans supporting the invasion by spewing uneducated rhetoric and refusing to ponder an opposite viewpoint.

Noting that the majority of Americans may proclaim their dissatisfaction with the invasion yet going about their daily lives waiting for someone else to do something........

well........... here's the adage:

"The American abolitionist Wendell Phillips said, “Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.” But there’s not much to be done when there are so few of us keeping watch."

sorry, obbop, I just can't get too excited because American citizens refuse to get out in the streets and act like militants. If the illegals want to do that, fine. I think it looks bad, not good, to be out there holding up traffic and pissing people off.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    sorry, obbop, I just can't get too excited because American citizens refuse to get out in the streets and act like militants. If the illegals want to do that, fine. I think it looks bad, not good, to be out there holding up traffic and pissing people off.
    though the illegals protested in the streets all across America in the millions, the Minutemen were 'confronted' by shouting protesters that were attempting to stop their caravan across the country. The Minutemen, unlike the protesters, won't be blocking the streets, shutting down the cities are costing the cities millions of dollars -- the pro-illegal crowds think they are the only ones with a voice and clearly, they are the ones that don't
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

The Minutemen formed originally to watch the border. I applauded them, I donated to them, and I still feel that they are our best hope for getting the borders secured. But if they start marching around raising hell, they will start looking bad to me, just like the illegals do.

I'm not against the rallys like Crawford, mind you, which I gather are taking place all in one spot, not wandering from place to place. I'm not against the caravan of vehicles that will be moving down the highway, not obstructing traffic. I'm not even against a few people standing on busy corners holding signs or people distributing printed information about the harm being done to this nation because our government refuses to close the border to illegals. But I am against marching around the city streets chanting and shrieking like a bunch of lunatics.

The thing about the illegals that repulses me most is their threatening attitude that the media wants to pass off as benign. You can rest assured that if the citizens of this country were to do those same things, the media would see us much differently and it will hurt our cause tremendously.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can't you protest without getting "ugly". Can't folks carry an American flag and sport signs carrying neutral messages like "Enforce the Laws that Exist" without using banners that say ugly things like "wetback go home"?

There are all kinds of Peaceful Protests. How about a certain color cap?

Laborers picket and don't get "ugly" .

There was a picket in Atlanta organized by Bob Griggs of Loganville - they had about a dozen people. How about some organization? Anyone know who he is? One lady carried an ugly sign about taco go home - that is not effective.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

bootslinda, that is the problem. There are always those people who are going to make the rest look like a pack of jackals. I think that is the reason that Americans don't get out there and protest like the illegals are doing.

I wouldn't doubt for one second that the people who organized and footed the bill for the illegals and their supporters to protest expected it all to look peaceful. We all know that the media was very careful not to show the really ugly stuff.

Do you think that if Americans are protesting they are going to look for the "nice guys" or the closest thing to a trouble maker they can find? Do you not think that they will clip out parts of interviews to make Americans sound like the bad guys? And if they can actually find ONE, don't you think they will play it to the max?

It wouldn't surprise me if the pro-illegal supporters didn't plant a bunch of their people in anti-illegal protest marches to raise all kinds of hell just to make us look like a bunch of far right wing radicals! I think one of the most effective ways to get our voices heard is to do what Herndon VA. did in their town which was VOTE THEM OUT OF OFFICE!That was not a scream but a victory shout for Herndon!Also getting all of our leaders and speakers who have the right words and demeanor on news shows like Lou's and Hannity's and radio talk show's across the nation. Of course the flood of emails,letters, and phone calls. Town hall mettings would be good to esp. if we could have some good guest speakers well versed in this issue.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

It wouldn't surprise me if the pro-illegal supporters didn't plant a bunch of their people in anti-illegal protest marches to raise all kinds of hell just to make us look like a bunch of far right wing radicals! I think one of the most effective ways to get our voices heard is to do what Herndon VA. did in their town which was VOTE THEM OUT OF OFFICE!
    I agree 100% NittyGritty. Every time I hear of a proposed gathering, I start worrying.

While I am very angry that the Sentate continues to hold the border hostage and let thousands more cross in hopes of taking advantage of the dangling carrot called amnesty, I'm equally angry that the media keeps making the illegal immigrants and their supporters look like perfect little angels when we all know that LaReconquista is the ultimate goal.

nittygritty

I agree, I think the best thing we can do is on the grass roots level -- vote the sympathizers out of office and MAKE border security and enforcement of immigration laws issues in the local and state governments.
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Getting word out is the most important thing. And though not everyone has internet access, the numbers of those who DO use it are increasing heavily on a daily basis. What we need are more WEBSITES dealing with the issues.

One of the things ALIPAC asks people to do, in addition to participating in handing out their fliers and contacting media and reps, is that people write letters to their newspapers AND build websites. So...

I own my very own Linux-based web and email server, as well as my own DNS system. I am able to host domains on the server, and in line with my other volunteer efforts, I am offering the chance for someone to have free hosting on the server AS LONG AS the site would be in line with ALIPAC and the illegal immigration issue.

I don't have any graphical site admin bells and whistles, so you will need to know how to use FTP and how manage a site on your own. I'm only offering to host a domain for you - the rest is up to you.

If the bandwidth usage starts to get heavy, and I mean REALLY heavy, I may need some financial assistance from time to time - but unless the site gets exceptionally busy (I'm talking about hundreds of hits per hour, 24 hours a day) nothing will be asked.

If you have a truly brilliant idea for a website and you know it would alarm enough people to take action - AND if you know how to create powerful websites - I am able to offer one or two people a chance at some free space on a webserver. Many don't host a website because it costs too much in many cases. For one or two very activist folks, my aim is to remove that limitation.

If you are interested, please private message me and give me the dope on what your website would contain. PHP and MySQL database are available for use as well.

Kurt
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast