Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I feel so discouraged and let down.

Of course this is the only place I can come regularly to feel
    some support but lately something has really been bothering me.
    I'm born, raised and educated in New Orleans. I've called Cali
    home for the past ten years now. (inbetween that time I lived
    overseas but Cali became base)

Anyway we all know how badly New Orleans was hit by hurricane
    Katrina and the entire Gulf region period. I was devastated as
    I faced the reality of my Dad losing his business and home.
    Mom having to relocate to Houston for seven months.
    Brother losing his video game store and Grandma losing the
    house she built and lived in for over
    sixty years.

This is what I can't comprehend. New Orleans is still in HORRIBLE
    condition. I'm talking not even basic clean up has taken place in certain
    areas of the city which is mind baffling. With New Orleans
    and the Gulf region TRYING to rebuild and start their lives over
    how is it our government can even ENTERTAIN the demands of illegals when our OWN CITIZENS are struggling, suffering, dying and losing hope. This is a clear situtaion of not giving a damn about OUR OWN! Hurrican season starts again on June 1st and those people are not prepared for a bad season so only G-d knows what will happen BUT it seems there's no TRUE concern for them. What is it? Are they just a bunch of poor, country folks that the hot shots in power could care less about? How did the ILLEGAL agenda take precedence over New Orleans, Mississippi etc?? Just how???

Now these SAME illegals expect everyone to lobby behind them...particularly other minorities when they were missing in action
    during Katrina. I didn't see any of them volunteering to help the Gulf
    Region. I saw AMERICANS driving down and helping fellow Americans
    and well... I'm just digusted and I can't live with these ill feelings
    that are simmering within me. When are we going to take care of home
    is all I want to know? If anyone should be protesting it SHOULD
    be the people of that REGION DEMANDING THEIR GOVERNMENT
    HELP THEM IMMEDIATELY.

** I apologize for the long post but I had to get this off my chest**

Peace
    Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Hey...vent away....you have good reason to. I too wonder why on earth it's taking so long. It just doesn't make sense to me...but I haven't seen in person the devistation. I am still baffled as to how on earth people have managed to cope being shipped to various parts of the country after loosing everything and maybe not being able to get back and not knowing what to. Or being there and being so overwhelmed with it all. I can't imagine. But I do agree....I haven't seen the support needed to deal with this. My parents had a massive tornado destroy this home and town and I know they were never the same after it. But rebuilding and all takes time with the best effort and it's been pretty shameful from what I've seen. You'd like to load the government people up, drop them off, and leave them there to live in it so maybe some action would get done. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm so sorry that your family is suffering Sunset.

You're right, we need the resources in this country biased towards the true citizens first. Myself, I don't know if New Orleans can ever be made safe again, and I wouldn't trust the government to assure it can. Still, my heart goes out to everyone who is, and may long continue to be, a refugee from that city. Life can be so unfair and nature can be harsh. Still we go on.

That's speaks to another matter. Each one of us lives a life filled with personal worries, domestic and work responsibilities etc etc. But fighting the illegal invasion has taken precedence over much of what used to occupy our time. All of us realize the significance, no, the utter neccessity of confronting this issue. Sometimes, this and our other worries, cumulatively overwhelm us.

I vote for "one day a week free from illegal immigration worries" day.
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

Visit the individual forums at www.nola.com to get a reality check of the suffering the people in New Orleans are still enduring.

I know a lady who lives on the WestBank in Algiers. She told me that the water/flood lines are still on the interstate and highway overpasses even though an attempt was made to powerwash the lines off. She said seeing that daily as well as the piles of trash littering the town have sent her into a deep depression and her sister in Mississippi has had to take a leave of absence from her job.

My elderly cousins lost their home. Water up to the roof. A next door neighbor (former) sold her home in New Orleans a year before Katrina. She and her husband went down after the first of the year and said, from the outside, it appeared the house was okay except for the water line on the roof.

Inside, she said all the sheetrock, drywall, etc was gone down to the framing and that the new owner had not even salvaged clothes out of the closet - that they were hanging there threadbare.

Some of the holdup is decisions on how things can be rebuilt.

One of the cable news channels covered the May 1 protest in New Orleans and showed some workers staying on the job and about 1000 protesting. They also talked about the burden these ILLEGAL UNINSUREDS are having on the health care system and the few hospitals that have managed to reopen. One man fell off a roof and is essentially now brain-dead. The hospital spokesman said they have to "keep him alive" .. but not at his expense. She also spoke of the women coming with the workers bearing ANCHOR BABIES and overall said they have seen a surge in illegals requiring health care because of injuries received in helping to rebuild New Orleans.

Wherever they go, a giant sucking sound always precedes them!

"When are we going to take care of home
    is all I want to know? "

This is a good question, and one that MANY citizens have been asking for a long, long time now - maybe 16 years or so. There is a growing contempt for our big political parties as they don't care about their constituents, except to squeeze more tax money from us. The time is right for a viable third party candidate. I have been trying to drum up grass roots support for this idea. It is time to let our political "leaders" ( I hate to use that word in this context) know who is boss, us, not them!

Hey sunset, don't feel bad about it, just vent. You are so right. Bush and government don't give a rats butt about the poor in New Orleans. Why? No money is involved with caring about poor minorities. The Mexicans have high profile supporters that have lots of money to lobby with and grease the palms of the decision makers. Besides Bush and Fox have been in bed for the last 6 years spinning and weaving such a tangled mess you wouldn't believe.

I was born in Los Angeles and lived around there all my life until last year. I just couldn't take it anymore and I moved to the Atlanta area. I was tired of my place and I wanted to move. I looked around and there was no place to move. Every community from Pasadena to Wilimington and all points east and west were overrun with Mexicans. Traffic is unspeakable. Anything you want to do like Disneyland or whatever is overrun with Mexicans. What really hurt me was when I saw that Big Bear was overrun.

At least the Governor of Georgia has passed some laws that are discouraging a lot of them from overrrunning the place. Oh they are here. Lots of peaches to pick, you know. But nothing like Cali.

I guess I'm venting with you. Its so discouraging to know that we have been sold out. But there is one glimmer of hope. The House has promised they will not pass anything with amnesty. The House is the only governing body that can kill the entire Bill.

We just need to keep the House focused on the issues by continuing to email and call. So find your Congressman and e-mail him or her daily if you have to. Have you tried contacting Maxine Waters about the New Orleans issue? She may be of some help.

They are taking some action in Arizona also. They are side stepping the Governor and putting the illegals are felons issue on the November ballot.

People are tired and Bush can be impeached. Richard Nixon was packed and out of here for far less than Bush has done.

Good luck.

Thanks for all of your replies. I really appreciate it.

To the poster who mentioned the anchor babies in New Orleans.
    This is true. My mom complains daily of the men and women in
    her complex from Houston, Mexico. They littler diapers all over
    the place and the code enforcers have been out twice. They
    are getting quite comfortable in a city where they once had a
    very small population. I think N.O. will look very different in
    the next five years with Taco Stands replacing good soul food
    and southern cooking.
    Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetincali

and southern cooking.
    No, we MUST preserve red beans and rice Monday!

And pickled pork.

And boiled ham.

And crawfish etoufee

Gumbo

Beignets

coffee with chicory and boiled milk

berlt shrimps (talkin' yatt)

sunsetincali my heart goes to you in this time of unrest. I cannot imagine having lost your old home of New Orleans and now facing yet another loss in California.

Your feelings about America taking care of it's own are my sentiments as well. In this heated debate it became very clear to me how fast our own countrymen will bash a fellow American if they cannot find work. Then turn around and support Pro Amensty or any other country. America has created a hostile environment all the way around. If you don't have a college degree your uneducated. If you cannot find work your lazy and haven't looked hard enough. If you are depressed, pop a pill and shut up no one wants to hear it. If you point out a problem your told to shut up and stop whinning.

We all need to stop abusing one another and start giving each other a helping hand. It shouldn't take a "Katrina" to get alittle help or a kind word from our fellow countrymen. And we wonder why alchoholisum and drug abuse has skyrocketed.

We need to start helping here at home. We need to start looking out after America and the Americans in it.

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetincali

and southern cooking.
    I'm sorry to hear about your folks.

this is crazy isn't it? there are people that still have not seen an insurance adjuster, therefore they can't even do cleanup a. American citizens are living in tents -- how can they survive a hot summer and another hurricane season? but our government wants to take care of the 'illegals.' Did you see where a town actually compared the 'victim's of the ICE raids to the hurricane refugees? That made me so angry.

I was talking to someone the other day about Mexico being "built by" the illegals ... I said they bussed the citizens of New Orleans out and they bussed in the Mexicans -- they are building the hacienda's. New Orleans will never be the same
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast