Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It is sad that our nation's leaders have artificially stimulated the economy by keeping interest rates low. This has created numerous jobs in construction as builders rush to get in. But so many of the jobs are for illegals. And what goes up must come down.
    Just a thought from someone who knows nothing about economics. In regards to what goes up must come down. Right now the economy and housing market are clearly in a downturn. I am thinking in a perfect world if we were to deport all illegals it may be a great thing for the economy. He is why:

If there were no illegals to build the current amount of homes then that would change the supply vs. demand on homes. Due to the then lack of people to build the homes the value of home would not decrease due to oversupply like they are now. Big business would be forced to pay legal Americans a fair wage along with paying taxes. Then over the years construction would again become a proud well paid American job.

This would eliminate the money that is paid for these homes being sent out of the country. Increasing spending in this country, increasing savings, increasing the economy.

The only losers are big business and their current level of profits. ( I just answered my own question, I should change my name to economisteric )

No, don't change your name. WE LOOOOVE FIREMEN. I'm married to one myself (retired LA County for 30 years).

WELCOME, FIREMANERIC!! Looks like you are gonna be a great asset to ALIPAC...AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AS A FIREFIGHTER! IMHO, it is the most heroic job in the world.

(BTW, are you in the 2008 calendar? LOL )
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Yes, I would think that with the present valuation of homes as high as it is there would be enough money to pay for regular American tradesmen as opposed to cheaper illegals. However, it is only in the last year that basic building material costs have come back to earth. However, in the past there was a lot of small subdivision contracting that frankly, although done by Americans, was under the table. Now, homebuilding has tended to gravitate to some huge nationwide corporations, with a keen eye on increasing their bottom line as they churn out thousands and thousands of homes. I would throw these su----s in jail for life, I think, because they have helped to flood this country with aliens. You would have just had to see the news reports on the business channels like CNBC about the big, nationwide homebuilders

OTOH, the urban condo trend is creating some well paying jobs but who knows how long it will go on. If you don't mind downsizing your square footage and living smack in the middle of downtown I think it is a great thing. Practically zero maintenance and you've hired Americans (well, for the most part.)

You're right. Sending aliens home would create jobs not only in new construction but also remodeling. Will Americans pay? If prices stabilize, yes. But prices may crash since this whole housing boom was for the most part a bubble, built on shaky credit and hordes of cheap imported labor.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)

Reporting feels good, & good for our country..!

Here are some more links pertaining to this issue:

I.C.E. ice.gov www.ice.gov Report anonymously if you like, but REPORT! 866.347.2423 24/7/365! If you don’t report, they’ll never know!

F.B.I. www.fbi.gov/homepage.htm

Border Patrol www.cbp.gov

D.E.A. www.usdoj.gov/dea/index.htm

N.S.A. www.nsa.gov/home_html.cfm

C.I.A. www.cia.gov

*The LAW!* www.AmericanPatrol.com/REFERENCE/AidAbe ... C1324.html !
    No need for ‘mass roundups’, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123