Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Im glad there's atleast one place i can get Coffee at

I don't go too:

1. Mc Donalds
    2. Burger King
    3. Checkers
    4. Taco Bell
    5. 7-11
    6. Denny's
    7. International House of Pancakes
    8. Pizza Hut
    9. Domino's Pizza
    10. White castle
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

You're better off Reciprocity, all those places will give you a big butt anyway!

I go to a small, locally owned coffee shop when I don't brew my own. I had to face facts that I was spending $12/week which is almost $50 a month! But now I will stop by a Dunkin' Donuts as well just to support the cause!
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Here's a store-finder for those of you who want to go to a local outlet:

https://www.dunkindonuts.com/aboutus/store/Search.aspx

The closest one to me is about two blocks from where I live.

It replaced a check-cashing place.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

I, too, sent an appreciative e-mail to them. I recently received a very nice e-mail reply thanking me for my support. That was a great idea, American Girl.

Americangirl, thanks for sending the letter to DD.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Tanstaafl
    I, too, sent an appreciative e-mail to them. I recently received a very nice e-mail reply thanking me for my support. That was a great idea, American Girl.
    Hmm...you didn't get any gift certificates for free coffee and donuts??

pjr40 wrote:
    Americangirl, thanks for sending the letter to DD.
    You're welcome.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Absolutely no Dunkin Donuts within fifty miles of me. Peets coffee if you want a colon cleaning. UGH
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Absolutely no Dunkin Donuts within fifty miles of me. Peets coffee if you want a colon cleaning. UGH
    That's probably because all of the tree-hugging hippies over here.

:P

Seriously though, you should call their national headquarters-or get in touch with them via e-mail-and ask them about it.

Almost all of the DD franchises are located east of the Mississippi, but I do think there are a couple that have opened up on the West Coast recently.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapka
    Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    Free coffee and donuts? Time to send a nice email to Omaha Steaks LOL

I wonder if this tactic would work with Peter Luger steakhouse?

:P
    Well, if I had my druthers, I'd rather go to Starbuck's. But the jury's still out with regard to Starbuck's and illegals. I know they don't hire them; however, I've heard that they donate to La Raza. So far I haven't seen that substantiated though.
    Your comment made me curious, so I just had to do a little digging. This is a few years old, but this is one of their "goals"

To develop strategic alliances with organizations that serve diverse communities, such as NAACP and National Council of La Raza

Also, the following question was mentioned:

"I heard that when a U.S. marine stationed in Iraq asked Starbucks for a donation of coffee, your company refused because it doesn't support the war or the troops. Is this true?"

And here was their answer:

"Starbucks donates to nonprofit organizations that are designated as public charities under Section 501(c)(3) or the IRS code. The US military and individual military personnel do not qualify as a public charity, and therefore we do not make corporate donations to them. However, in times of major conflict, as we are now experiencing in Iraq and Afghanistan, we are proud to give coffee to U.S. troops through our partnership with the American Red Cross......"

Check out this information about Starbucks. I think I'll get my coffee elsewhere.

http://www.starbucks.com/aboutus/CSR200 ... ociety.pdf
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12