Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I was shocked and quite mad at the fact that this priest would suggest we would probably all not go to heaven if we did'nt welcome these illegals
    This reminds me of the pastor of the church that Elvira is hiding in. He told Lou Dobbs that there was "No Redemption" for him. WOW! How far off the mark can you get.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

I'm a Catholic, but to be honest, I don't attend very often, as the churches are all very far from where I live.

Being a convert, I was exposed to other religions, and there are a few things about the Catholic religion I don't agree with....like confession.

But I liked the Catholic church because it was more peaceful than other churches I attended, I could pray without hearing someone talk about who was wearing what.

I completely disagree with any church that is advocating sanctuary to illegals.

My donations don't go to any church now, I give to the Salvation Army, and some to help animals.

I don't think any church should be "preaching" to their congregation about illegals, which affect all citizens of that community.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I too am a cradle Catholic who doesn't attend much anymore. Between the sexual abuse scandal and pro illegal homilies I have had my fill. Just keep in mind, church should help faciliate your relationship with God. With Jesus it is about relationship not religion. Remeber, God gave us 10 commandments and it was the church who turned it into 3, 000 rules and regulations. Keep the faith

Well these priests and any other clergy person must realize that the first person who ever established borders was GOD. I consider Heaven and Hell as 2 borders, then you have the gates of Heaves where some will not be admited thru, then of course, the 3 Angels that guarded the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve fled the garden after they disobey God.

So God must be a naughty boy for allowing borders to exist. Oh wait, he also help created the Earth where Water covered the Earth, but God seperated them and created borders between Land and Water. Oh wait! but he also created Nations, and the rest is History .

Wow I can't believe God would allow this to happen. Many churches are becoming Globalist, which for my part is Anti-God and Anti-American. I would not even attend any church if they start talking this crap, I would be out of there right away.

CCUSA,

I know it must be very tough for a lot of Catholics right now watching what many of the leaders in the church hierarchy are doing to support illegals.

The Protestant churches have open doors and very very few of them are lining up with the illegals!

Same God, same bible....

You know, the Catholic Church was in cahoots with the original King George that the founders of America rebelled against!

We have so many great supporters in this movement that are Catholic and I hope you can find a way to fight within the church or find a place of peace with another denomination.

We really need a new organization in the movement called "Catholics for Immigration Enforcement" or something like that.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I use to be shy wouldn't say ANYTHING. Well, that has changed. Right now if something like that was being said in my church. I would stand up and say I'm sorry I disagree and scripture disagrees with you too. I obey Romans 13-1-5 and expect my pastor or priest to do the same thing. If we disobey our country's law we are disobeying God's. Now I'm leaving and I won't be back with my body, money, or anything else until my church gets back to Biblical teaching and adheres to it. Let me know what you decide.

Then I would follow it up with a letter to the Pastor, the board, or the Priest and to the Vatican. I bet that might just get their attention.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CCUSA: DO YOU THINK IT WOULD WORK IF YOU GO TO CHURCH WHEN NO ONE IS THERE? IS THE CHURCH OPEN BETWEEN MASSES?

THIS IS WHAT I DO. I DONT REALLY BELIEVE IN ORGANIZED RELIGION. SO I GO TO CHURCH BY MYSELF OR WITH A FRIEND. I GO AT A TIME WHEN NO MASS IS SCHEDULED.

YOU DONT REALLY NEED A PRIEST. YOU ONLY NEED GOD RIGHT? GOD IS ALWAYS THERE.

GO AND PRAY OR READ PASSAGES FROM THE BIBLE. LIGHT SOME CANDLES. GOING WITH A FRIEND WORKS BETTER FOR SOME PEOPLE.

HOPE THIS HELPS

Hi W., Gogo and redponey353.

I have gone to church alone when no one is there as well in the past. I think that is a great way to get peace as well. I have sent emails from NumbersUSA to the OBL Bishops. I only recieved their newpaper in reply.

I will going to write another letter to my Bishop and the American Bishops and the Vatican. Thanks for Romans 13. I also remember Lou Dobbs have a Catecism teacher on his show. He was quoting from the New Catholic Catacism (I know I didn't spell that right) it's a reference book. He quoted the book about behavior of aliens in a new country I think. He was totally against what the OBL, Cardinal Mahoney and what they were preaching. He was a very religious man, who even has a sisters who are nun and brothers who are priests. I'm going to seach his archives to find his interview before I write my letters.

Found the Lou Dobbs Transcript. They are definately defying church teaching.

ROGER CARDINAL MAHONY, LOS ANGELES ARCHDIOCESE: We will pray for you and all who are part of our community.

CASEY WIAN, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): Los Angeles Cardinal Roger Mahony is an outspoken advocate of amnesty, even marching with illegal aliens and their supporters.

MAHONY: We're here to try to find a just way for them to be recognized as individuals and to give them the opportunity to be out in the open making our country great.

WIAN: But the cardinal's politics have angered some life-long Catholics, including former religion teacher Jerry Mazenko, who has two nuns and two priests in his family. He says Mahoney is ignoring the Catholic catechism, the church's official teachings on matters of faith.

JERRY MAZENKO, LIFELONG CATHOLIC: What the cardinal does not say is that the church actually puts limits on immigration and actually imposes requirements on the immigrants themselves.

WIAN: The catechism approved by the past and present pope states, "Political authorities may make the exercise of the right to immigrate subject to various juridical conditions," and it says, "Immigrants are obliged to respect with gratitude the material and spiritual heritage of the country that receives them, to obey its laws and to assist in carrying civic burdens."

To underscore the divide, seven leading amnesty opponents in Congress spoke out Tuesday, four of them are Roman Catholic. REP, BRIAN BILBRAY, (R) CA: No matter how much you want to candy coat it, amnesty is not only wrong from the common sense point of view, it's immoral.

WIAN: Surveys of practicing Catholics also reveal discord. A recent Pew Research Center poll asked Catholics if they would quote, "support allowing undocumented immigrants who have been in the United States for several years to gain legal working status and the possibility of citizenship in the future." Sixty six percent favored the idea, 32 percent were opposed.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

WIAN (on camera): But a year ago, the Pew Center asked a different question of non-Hispanic Catholics, using the word "illegal immigrants" instead of "undocumented immigrants." Only about a quarter of the group favored allowing illegal immigrants already in the United States to stay permanently, Lou.

DOBBS: And I believe that same poll and also and certainly the Zogby poll revealed that just about two thirds of all Catholics believed in strict border security and a very tough immigration law that should, should congress actually begin contemplating it.

WIAN: Absolutely.

DOBBS: What is -- how does this Cardinal Mahony, how does he square his view up with Pope Benedict, with the direction of the church and the fact that most of his parishioners view the world quite differently, in point of fact, the opposite that the he does?

WIAN: Well, the cardinal's spokesperson has not returned our phone calls, but leading Catholic figures who we have spoken with say that he is taking the stance that the church has an obligation to protect the poor. He is not advocating law violations, he is advocating the law be changed.

So they say that he is well within the rights of a church leader, Lou.

DOBBS: You know, we had a viewer write in, and I apologize for not knowing the name of the writer. We'll check it out. But made an interesting suggestion. That if the cardinal, the good cardinal believes so strongly, why would he not then bring in illegal aliens who are here into the Catholic educational system, into the Catholic schools, bring them into Catholic hospitals for their care, and relieve that burden on the taxpayer? Interesting idea, don't you think, Casey?

WIAN: I think we all know about the answer to that question, Lou, they have to pay for it.

DOBBS: I believe we do. Thank you very much, Casey Wian from Los Angeles.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... dt.01.html

this is the same Catholic Church who rewarded the (Spanish) priest Padre Hidalgo for leading the revolt of the Mexican "humildes" (campesinos) against the Spanish opporessors... in 1810. They had Father Hidalgo arrested and executed for defying the will of the Church in Spain .... so much for the Church as protector of the lowly people.

The Church was less pro-establishment in 1910, letting Zapata and Villa chase the bad guys....

in 2010 the Church appears to be poised to not only support the "humildes", but entice them to the land of milk & honey... the honey being US taxpayer largesse, aiding and abetting the subversion of US laws. in the process .. what's wrong with supporting the campesinos within Mexico? ...tithing is impossible on the money they earn in Mexico... and Cardinal Baloney needs new contributors in the US to pay for the $660 million settlement for decades of pedophilia among US priests...
    No soy de los que se dicen 'la raza'... Am not one of those racists of "The Race"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast