Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If you want to see how church and politics mix just take a look at northern Ireland.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What does bother me is that almost every church has a 'church closet', supplies of clothing, household goods and food. The illegals are encouraged and they do, make use of that in a big way. It would not surprise me to find they are accessing these sources and then take the items to the flea markets or have garage sales.

Many do. When I was out of work and needed help after a car accident....I went to some churches to try and get some food. The same people I would see with CARTS of food that were paid for with food stamps, who's kids were on the free breakfast and lunch program, were the same people who's regular Saturday agenda was going from church to church to pantry and taking all they would give them. They'd load it up for them in the back of their brand new 45,000 pick-up, and they'd be off to the next church.....I got a can of black beans. They loaded up on all the free clothes and sure enough.....they'd have a table at the flea market. People aren't going to give anymore if it's not going to go to the people who actually need it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    nntrixie said:

She said when they moved out, she cleaned out a huge, really huge pile of clothing and food they had just let ruin because they had far too much.
    Excuse me while I scream into a pillow on this one!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I personally would not want to have people pandering over me and my family, handing me all sorts of goods in pity, I prefer to earn what we DO have and feel good knowing it was gotten honestly, but this kind of greed and wastefulness really angers me.

This goes to show how little people in this country realize that while they all clamor to pander to "poor" illegal aliens, honest hard-working Americans and legal citizens are scraping by, sometimes barely able to feed their families.

CCUSA, take heart. My personal opinion is this. I am a Baptist, belonging to the thought line of Independent Fundamental Baptist. The majority of those I know simply would not side with illegal aliens or the OBL crowds, it has to do with what is morally right in the eyes of God regarding America's laws. God instituted this government, or it would not be here, therefore, any laws it has established should be obeyed by ALL, including visitors, and especially by anyone claiming to be clergy within our borders.

Therefore, when any clergy makes a statement that we should ignore our immigration laws and also aid and abet illegal aliens while they are breaking our laws by being here, then that chruch leader needs to be held accountable, and certainly will be by the Lord.

Synopsis: NO church leader should EVER encourage ANY lawbreaking, or excuse it.

You will not find that mentallity in the conservative Protestant churches (I am positive there are many conservative Catholics who feel this way too, but unfortunately the church has alienated them by taking this OBL stance).
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Catholics have tended to take up on a number of social issues that evangelicals withdrew from, as fundamentalist systems of belief placed a greater emphasis on individual experience. One example I have noticed is the organized labor movement.

No trend ever stays unchanged, so the Catholics' adoption of the labor movement also grew to include other groups that could somehow make a case that they were oppressed. Even though I know it is not one hundrd percent accurate I tend, now, to equate Catholicism with Democratic Party issues, especially since Evangelicals and Fundamentalists worked so hard during the Reagan era and after to cultivate a "conservative" political ideology.

Mnay of those in the liberal or progressive movement, which seems to now be parented by Catholic and liberal Protestant churches, must, however, feel very ashamed at the kinds of lives they have lived: substance abuse, marital infidelity, narcissism, materialism, violent and uncouth behavior.. So they have to repent-- and in the Catholic mode that is by works. So the next good work? Welcoming the new "oppressed" race: Latinos!. Boy oh boy! Does this make up for a wasted life? In their minds it does. They think of what Americans possess--at least the ones they know-- feel guilty about their own excesses and make penance by helping out this new racial group towards "equality."

What a neatly packaged way towards spiritual redemption!! Of course, this politically correct form of repentance just devastates the fabric of American society. It displaces Americans who can no longer compete with the hordes of cheap labor. It fills up the pews and altar benches with new worshippers, too. It is a system of works to redemption. I think Martin Luther would roll over in his grave.

Many of my posts have talked about the religious issue: Catholics seek spiritual value by "welcoming the stranger" (and disregarding the enormous local impact) while evangelicals have traditionally followed the command to "Go into the world" and usually are pretty good about obeying another country's laws. I think the religious values are what is really driving this debate. Many within Catholicism and liberal traditions and also a good number within evangelicalsim simply feel it is a moral requirement to support aliens. For immigration reform to succeed I think it is totally imperative to address this reality. The best way that I have found to do it is by showing that there are substantial and far reaching opportunities for help people within their own countries. This is no longer the world of the twentieth century. There are many more opportunities now and much greater opportunities for equality in developing nations.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Well said CaptainRon. I have to say that is likely what is going on, works as atonement for the clergy of the churches, and all through the aiding and abeting of illegal alien lawbreakers. How very "Christian" to aid and abet criminals.

I personally do feel lucky to have been born and American and I do feel we need to show our kindness to others in need, but that does not mean we will hand over our birhtright to someone who has come here illegally, and further breaks our laws while here.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234