Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Legal, I have done exactly the same thing as you have. I've tried to make myself see the "good" in doing what our president thinks is best. I have always been one to want to give someone a "hand up". I've truly always been very moved by every immigrant I met. I was emotionally moved to think that our country was so great and gave oppressed people a place to come to where they really could pursue a happy and prosperous life.

But I just cannot make myself accept these illegal aliens or mr. bush. I didn't vote for him or his father. Of course, that's the American way--we vote for whomever we think will do the best job and if you win, great! If not, you accept it gracefully and thank God you live in a country where you have a say-so, win, lose or draw.

This may sound silly, but when he was elected the first time, I had a really sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something told me this was a dangerous man who could really do harm to this nation, but I thought I was just over-reacting because I didn't like his dad and didn't like him. When he got elected the second time, I thought someone somewhere had indeed rigged those hateful voting machines and I was even more worried that we would't make it through those next four years unscathed. And I have to say that this man sincerely scares me. He has just got to be mentally ill. The people around him could keep that secret from the American people, just like other secrets have been kept (unless he just went ballistic on camera or something). I sense that something is genuinely evil or just plain wrong about this man.

He lied about the war in Iraq and our country's young people die for a lie, he tried to sell ports in our country to a foreign one, he tried to take social security, which IMO, is one generation's promise to another, there was too much controversy over both times he was elected...and now this. I believe he knows he's wrong on this problem (I hate the word "issue", which is to me another PC cover up b.s word for PROBLEM).

Is he mentally ill? Does he want to be the first dictator of the United States of America? Is this only about more money for he and his corporate buddies? Is someone in mexico holding something over his head? I don't know what the answer to, "what's wrong with him?" is, but I know there is something really bad wrong here. And, with any luck at all, history will tell our childrens' children just what is is/was. Sooner or later, this man will be "found out"...sooner or later.

You weren't wrong to search your soul. It's always been a good idea, IMO, to make double sure you are doing what you truly think is right before you jump into a fight this big.

But you are right to fight this fight, Legal. Don't second guess yourself anymore. Your 'gut feeling' tells you what you're doing is right. You've checked and double checked, so to speak.

I think the most dangerous thing any of us could do is to back down from this fight, as tiring and worrisome as it can be, as hard as it is to keep on sometimes. We must persevere. We must!! If we don't, Legal, this will not be the nation we thought we would leave for our children. It will no longer be the nation everyone wants to come to and no one wants to leave.

There are times I just have to 'back off' for a few days, and there are times my injuries keep me out for a few days. I just can't let it go, though. I can't stop now and let this be "someone else's problem".

At times I'm almost afraid to think of what might happen if this amnesty goes through...or if it doesn't, based on what I've learned about how the illegals plan to proceed. Now would be the worst time of all to give in, to give up. We will have nothing left of the beautiful country millions upon millions of Americans have worked and fought so hard to create.

I'm in my mid-50's, so I've seen a lot of presidents come and go. I've seen bad ones, good ones and everything in between. I've never seen one so bad, so wrong for this beautiful land. During past wars, we've been told to take the fight to "them"...that if we didn't fight to protect this country or that one, the evil would be brought to our shores. So many of our young people fought and died and have been maimed physically or mentally for life based on that principle. And now, as so many have pointed out before me, the war is here without a shot being fired...yet. That's what worries me...the "yet".

Sorry about going on so long, folks. God bless and help us all.

the democrats in congress could have taken him away but they did not. That will be a campaign issue.
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12