Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I know Bootsie and Judy will be disappointed

I Know that you too will be disappointed that you miss Vicente Fox on CNN. I just turned over to CNN and low and behold. There was Ole Vicente being interviewed live. He was asked about illegal Immigration and all he had to really say. Was it was important to change the views of the American People.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

OH THANKS, SCUB! You made my day!!! Gosh--I MIGHT have read it in time to run in there and change the channel but I just wasn't in the mood to have to grab the barf bucket!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Oh Darn It!! I missed it. I was busy doing some research.

"Vicente thinks it's important to change the views of the American People"?

Oh Boy, have I GOT NEWS FOR HIM!!

We've already changed the views of the American People, Bush Puppy!!

You Vicente, are nothing but a Has Been Loser Dude.

You are a Toxic Gutless Globalist Garbage Conveyor on your way to the Toxic Material Landfill, Dude!

Your views are going to be buried, Dude, then covered with nuclear waste drums from our nuclear plants, then covered with a concrete cap seal 10 feet thick and guarded for eternity, DUDE!!

(As may be apparent, this man annoys me.)

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am hoping there will be a transcript out soon on it.
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Gurgitator, Judy. GURGITATOR!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Yes, thanks for reminding me. I've so many names for these people, I forget them all.

Yes, Fox is the Gurgitator!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I don't know how you remember your OWN name!! Good thing it's not something like Constanza or Juanita or something complicated like that!

I was blessed with reasonable parents who named me a nice simple four-letter word:

J U D Y

And, NOT an HISPANIC ONE!

nterview with Mexican President Vicente Fox; Suspicious Package Outside Police Station in Los Angeles; Murder Suspect David Ludwig in Police Custody; Medicare Maze

Aired November 14, 2005 - 14:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

KYRA PHILLIPS, CNN ANCHOR: Sticks and stones and a sticky political divide in Latin America. Venezuela and Mexico are recalling their ambassadors to each other's countries over disparaging remarks about the Mexican president from the president of Venezuela.
    Vicente Fox of Mexico is a strong supporter of the Bush administration's plans for a hemispheric free trade zone. And Venezuela's Hugo Chavez, by contrast, is a self-styled protege of Fidel Castro and no friend of Washington, or apparently Mexico City.

At the recent Summit of Americas, Mr. Fox suggested that Mr. Chavez wasn't serving his country by opposing the trade deal.

Mr. Chavez, in turn, said this...

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HUGO CHAVEZ, VENEZUELAN PRESIDENT (through translator): It makes one sad to see the sellout of President Fox. Really, it makes one sad. How sad that the president of a people like the people of Mexico let's himself become the puppy dog of the empire.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

PHILLIPS: And of course for a response now, joining me from Mexico City, Mexican President Vicente Fox.

Mr. President, it's a pleasure to have you. Thank you.

PRESIDENT VICENTE FOX, MEXICO: Kyra, same on my side. A pleasure to be with you on your program, and with the United States audience.

Let me be clear also about the discussion on a free trade agreement for the Americas. This is an agreement that we, all together, 34 countries of the Americas, backing Quebec, decided to construct and to put into practice. So it's not United States the promoter of the agreement. It's every single economy of America.

Although Venezuela we thought (ph) putting very strong opposition to the project. But the rest, we are full speed ahead trying to build up a trade agreement.

This time, (INAUDIBLE) decided this is four economies. They decided that it was not the right time, that it should be right after the next round of the WTO in Hong Kong. But we all are for the agreement except Venezuela.

PHILLIPS: That's right, Mr. President. And you've made it very clear that you are in support of the free trade area of the Americans. And Hugo Chavez has made it clear that he is not.

Now there is this name-calling going on, and you are responding to his comments. Why respond to his comments? Why just -- why not stick to supporting this agreement or this proposal and moving on? Why is it bothering you what Hugo Chavez is saying?

FOX: Well, let me tell you, there is no response. My response to his comments -- and never I would do any personal comments. And let me tell you that the conversations and the discussions back in Argentina in Mar del Plata are confidential conversations between presidents and our respective teams.

I don't know who took out the tapes or the images, which should not have happened. It just happens to be that Venezuela has got the copies. How can you explain that?

But there's no comments on my side except a very strong passionate defense of trading, because Mexico today is the seventh largest trading balance (ph) in the world thanks to NAFTA.

PHILLIPS: Well, Mr. President, there are members -- there are members of your cabinet that are -- that are asking for an apology from Hugo Chavez. Do you think that is important? Do you want an apology from President Chavez and what he has said?

FOX: Of course. My minister of foreign relations and most of the people in Mexico are demanding that apology because he used very strong words directly...

PHILLIPS: Do you want an apology?

FOX: No. No, not me. Mexico wants it. And now we withdraw our ambassador. We are doing so because they already withdrew theirs.

PHILLIPS: That's true. They withdrew their...

FOX: So relationships between Mexico and Venezuela will come to a minimum. That's his desire, not mine. We love to deal with everybody in the world.

PHILLIPS: Absolutely. And he's -- he's withdrawing his -- the ambassador, you're withdrawing Venezuela's ambassador from Mexico. Why do that? And is the next step...

FOX: Because we have dignity. Because we have dignity.

I mean, other countries might accept his wording and the way he attacks everybody and he attacks institutions. We're not willing to do that in Mexico. We have dignity in this country. We have institutions. And that's the only reason that we're doing what we're doing. PHILLIPS: And Mr. President, could the next step be cutting off diplomatic relations with Venezuela completely? Would you consider that?

FOX: If we keep hearing what we have been hearing, yes, of course. We have not demanded nothing up to when he repeatedly and repeatedly has been attacking. And so we have dignity. That's -- that's the case.

PHILLIPS: Are you concerned about an economic fallout, about a cultural fallout if indeed you cut off those diplomatic relations with Venezuela?

FOX: You know, it's one of the countries who with we have a trade agreement. But nothing happens with a trade agreement. And it happens everything with the other trade agreements we have with the rest of the world.

We trade with Chile, exceptionally high levels. We trade with Costa Rica. We trade with Central America. We trade with China. We have a trade agreement with Japan. We have it with all of Europe, with the European Union, and everything goes well for us.

So, simply, if Venezuela thinks that they should not trade with anybody except oil, well, fine, it's their decision. I respect it very much.

PHILLIPS: So it wouldn't -- you don't think it would hurt Mexico if indeed that trade agreement -- you're saying that not much is happening anyway, so if you cut off diplomatic relations it won't affect Mexico and it wouldn't bother you?

FOX: Not at all. Not at all, Mexico. But here also, we're defending economic principles that are good for the world: stability, order in finances, (INAUDIBLE) on the budget, and trading and investment. And these we do well with the rest of the world.

Mexico is now the tenth largest economy. It trades more than all of Latin America together. We have the highest per capita income in all of Latin America today.

So we know our way and our path. And we defend it in all forms. This is why I'm coming to Korea to meet with this 21 economies, the largest in the world.

Sixty percent of gross world product. And we are -- we all are there for trading: Russia, China, United States, Canada, Peru, Chile, Mexico, Australia, (INAUDIBLE), everybody. So we will continue our way.

PHILLIPS: Mr. President, just one final question, please, I have to ask you while I have you...

FOX: Yes?

PHILLIPS: ... and that's the issue of illegal immigration. As you know, a very controversial issue. I want to know what you you are doing right now in Mexico to make life better for the people of Mexico that would help alleviate the controversy surrounding illegal immigration.

FOX: Well, first of all, to us, migration is an opportunity for both of our countries. And we're trying to convince the U.S. government and the U.S. public opinion that we all benefit from migration.

Now, what are we doing? Growing our economy at a rate of 3.5 percent, creating just this year 750,000 new jobs, having on all border towns a figure close to full employment. And I know we have a lot more to do, and we're trying hard, working hard. And this is why we believe in trading and this is why we have such a strong association with the United States on NAFTA, because we believe in those kinds of issues and programs to be able to build up the opportunities in Mexico for our own people.

Nobody in Mexico wants to just go out to another country. They find the opportunities here, they stay here. And we're working with all of our muscle and with all of our talent and with all of our associations with different countries in the word to bring those opportunities to our people here in Mexico.

PHILLIPS: Mexican President Vicente Fox.

Thank you, sir, for your time.

FOX: Mucho gracias. Adios.

PHILLIPS: Asi, tambien. Gracias.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... ol.03.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast