Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I need some help - links to overcrowding incidents

Yesterday, the editor of a local paper asked if I would write an article about overcrowding concerns. My list of links to health issues is fine, but I need some links to incidents where there were deaths or injuries as a result of overcrowding - such as the September 5 Chicago apartment fire where 6 children were killed.

What prompted this request was our situation in Herndon VA, along with comments made by our state delegate, who wrote a lovely little memorable account of his childhood days in Rural Virigina (40 years ago). He reflected on the large immigrant families that lived in the community and the critical role they played. His trip down memory lane was a prelude to bluring the line between illegal aliens and legal immigrants and trying to downplay the effect of overcrowding (rental cramming).

For my article to be credible, I want to be able to back up every bullet point with a news item link. This is where I need your help.

In our area, as I'm sure is similar to where you all live, single family homes are built out in basements with no egress. Many of these "build-outs" are not recorded in the tax records (the files used by fire & rescue) leaving people trapped in "unfinished" areas of a house to their own device.

If anyone can provide links where situations like this have been reported in your local or state newspapers, would you please pass them along.

Oh, the editor said my deadline is the 24th. Lucky for me, I work well under pressure.

Thanks all for any links you can forward.

You may want to contact fire rescue in large cities. They have a media relations department where I am sure they would be able to tell you of incidents involving illegals.
    Another agency to contact is family and child services as they also may have some information.
    I was in crime scene in the county and read their log book of previous cases. There was something that might interest you. Many illegals keep their babies in bed with them. Many infants of illegals have died due to this. They suffocated on the pillows, got underneath a mattress or a parent rolled over on them and remained that way long enough to smother them. I was disguisted when I read this. I guess a crib takes up room, costs money and most likely they never had them back home. This is something that does not make the news. It seems to me that it is looked at ignorant people who don't know any better.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good stuff, John. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    You may want to contact fire rescue in large cities. They have a media relations department where I am sure they would be able to tell you of incidents involving illegals.
    Another agency to contact is family and child services as they also may have some information.
    I was in crime scene in the county and read their log book of previous cases. There was something that might interest you. Many illegals keep their babies in bed with them. Many infants of illegals have died due to this. They suffocated on the pillows, got underneath a mattress or a parent rolled over on them and remained that way long enough to smother them. I was disguisted when I read this. I guess a crib takes up room, costs money and most likely they never had them back home. This is something that does not make the news. It seems to me that it is looked at ignorant people who don't know any better.
    Unfortunately, most cities won't go any further than details of the incident - it isn't politically correct to volunteer the legal status of those involved. One day, maybe folks will get past this PC crap and tell it like it is.

There was a time when DC police wouldn't include the race of men who robbed, mugged, burglarized or assaulted because it wasn't PC. That lasted a few weeks when people started to complain that a male supspect 6ft tall, approx 180 pounds wearing jeans and a sweater wasn't enough information to prompt people to call in with information about the crimes. Heck, with that description, my dad, brother and brother-in-law could all have been suspects.

I am sure that they can say something about events that occurred and not mention names or specific address of the incidents. Police officers talk about stuff they have seen all the time but don't mention who where, when or the person's background. A lot of times even the media won't tell you that the people are illegals but you can figure it out. One example is a trailer park where the owner wants to shut it down. He claims there are many unsafe conditions in the park. The people were protesting and t shirts and held signs that were in Spanish. That was one give away, then you look at the clothing of those who didn't wear the t shirt and look at their hats or hairstyles and you could tell right away that they are illegal.
    The best advice is not to mention the word illegal or immigrant and talk about multiple families living in one house or condo. They may just mention those other words on their own.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You may also want to look under TB on the Mayo Clinic website under causes. It talks about overcrowded living conditions. Other contagious diseases are also more easily spread that way. I found this while looking up information on TB due to the increase of it in the U.S.

June, this might help. It has to do with deaths of American citizens caused by illegal aliens.

http://www.tnrip.org/Documents/Investig ... Report.pdf )