Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I remember...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I remember...

When I was younger and came across the verse in the bible that states "The love of money is the root of ALL evil"

Well at the time it just really struck me as an overwhelming statement, I had heard and read it many times before but for some reason it struck me odd that day about 20 yrs ago.

I made a point to try to see examples of it in the everyday world and to see how one thing affected another along those money lines. Needless to say I have learned a fair amount in these last 20 yrs about how true that verse is.

Anyway for the life of me this illegal immigration thing baffles me...... I mean common sense tells you that its NOT a good thing!!!!!!!

Also why make law after law when they don't ENFORCE ANY OF THEM????

TBH I have very very very LITTLE faith in most any in gov. nowadays...arggggggggg

Ohhhhhhh I could go on and on and on honestly this TOLERANCE thing has gone WAYYYYY to far!!!!
    Suppose I'll get flamed for saying that but sry only know how to be me, and theres a WHOLE lot that I WON'T tolerate nor do I ever want to!!

Ok I'll stop ramblin here.... but I'm sure we all can see the LOVE of money driving this craziness called illegal immigration!

Good day all

One really can sell his soul for $ hmmm sad very sad.

Ahh sorry should have posted in general forum
    NEWT 4 PRES.*

Banned
    Welcome Reddawg. You're right - money/greed is driving illegal immigration, and money is also largely responsible for our politicians turning a blind eye to it and a deaf ear to the American people. The only ones who have influence are those large corporations, unions, and special interests who give large campaign contributions. Money, greed, and a lust for power (and to remain in office) is killing this wonderful country of ours.

When money and power trump ethics, morality, principle, rule of law, we descend into chaos. This is what we're seeing more and more every day.

Welcome! I was saying this very same thing to a family member the other day. Yes, it is pure greed with no thought to the well-being of the country or its citizens. It amazes me, though, that these power hungry politicians, greedy business people will even sell out their own children and grandchildren's futures.

When money and power trump ethics, morality, principle, rule of law, we descend into chaos. This is what we're seeing more and more every day.[/quote]

There yea thats what I mean!!!! Wish I had a better way with words I mean I have so much to say but my mind goes faster than I can type

I would really like to write a book just to get ALL these thoughts out but am afraid I would'nt be able to find an editor hehe.

Anyway a book on the common sense answers to some of these questions we face nowadays sure IS tempting!

Good day

btw Kate I like ur user pic is that ur kitty?
    NEWT 4 PRES.*

Banned
    btw Kate I like ur user pic - is that ur kitty?
    He's a little guy I rescued as a tiny kitten and bottle-fed...he's now living with my mother.

Aweee he sure is a cutie... and lucky too to have been rescued

I had a stray adopt me he was with me for about 3 years use to play with my two dogs which are strays also.....but then he got run over ( sad

what is it ???? do i have a sticker on my back that says adopt me ??
    NEWT 4 PRES.*

reddawg60, you said the "key word(s)" money and greed. If our Government saw "Illegals" instead of "Dollar Signs" walking across the border, Illegal Immigration would have come to a grinding halt decades ago.

And I believe that, if the US government did`nt see Illegals as a Lottery ticket and enforced our existing Immigration Laws, 9/11 would not have happened.
    ------------------------

Banned
    Reddawg wrote:

Anyway for the life of me this illegal immigration thing baffles me...... I mean common sense tells you that its NOT a good thing!!!!!!!
    Kate wrote:

You're right - money/greed is driving illegal immigration, and money is also largely responsible for our politicians turning a blind eye to it and a deaf ear to the American people.
    I have been wrestling with the "common sense" aspect of this, too, and because even though our politicians love money, are they so corrupt, selfish and short-sighted, that they want to destroy the USA for their children and grandchildren? Even from an environmental/conservationist point of view, it makes no sense for future generations. Maybe politicians are just plain idiots.

olivermyboy wrote:
    Maybe politicians are just plain idiots.
    There is no maybe about it.

It`s like a strike, we`re no longer here, so they`re replacing us scabs, (illegals)
    ------------------------

Banned

Re: I remember...

Quote Originally Posted by reddawg60
    When I was younger and came across the verse in the bible that states "The love of money is the root of ALL evil"

Well at the time it just really struck me as an overwhelming statement, I had heard and read it many times before but for some reason it struck me odd that day about 20 yrs ago.

I made a point to try to see examples of it in the everyday world and to see how one thing affected another along those money lines. Needless to say I have learned a fair amount in these last 20 yrs about how true that verse is.

Also why make law after law when they don't ENFORCE ANY OF THEM????

TBH I have very very very LITTLE faith in most any in gov. nowadays...arggggggggg

Ohhhhhhh I could go on and on and on honestly this TOLERANCE thing has gone WAYYYYY to far!!!!
    Suppose I'll get flamed for saying that but sry only know how to be me, and theres a WHOLE lot that I WON'T tolerate nor do I ever want to!!

Ok I'll stop ramblin here.... but I'm sure we all can see the LOVE of money driving this craziness called illegal immigration!

Good day all

One really can sell his soul for $ hmmm sad very sad.

Ahh sorry should have posted in general forum
    Not only does the Bible say that money is the root of all evil, but the worship of money, lucre personified as Mammon, was the sin of the Pharisees and the focus of Christ's teachings. The usurious system of banking employed by the non-Christian, behaving as did the moneychangers Christ drove from the temple in his sole act of violence, is the root of our current woes. The non-Christian Jews were allowed to lend money with interest and became the de facto moneylenders of Europe because the Bible forbade the charging of usury to ones countrymen. Usury was banned by all of Christendom, but the Jewish ghettos were autonomous. Because the Jews did not see the christians in whose countries they lived as countrymen, they were able to justify the sin of usury. So it was that the unholy alliance of Jewish moneychangers and powerhungry monarchs and popes was forged. The Rothschilds were made barons, the Bar was set up as the enforcers for the cleptocracy (which is why attorneys carry the title of Esquire - esquires were the servants of the warrior knights, but the pen ended up being mightier than the knights' swords), and the monarchs were the Thei in service to the Emperor in Rome, the Pope. These are the principalities and powers against whom we struggle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast