Quote Originally Posted by ymeoru
Quote Originally Posted by SecureTheBorder
It doesn't matter whether Fred drops out of the race. Most of his supporters (including me) are now going to vote for Romney on Super Tuesday because of Fred's poor performance in South Carolina. I'm not really enthused about voting for him (having gone from Tancredo to Hunter to Fred to Romney), but he was endorsed by Tancredo so I'll show up to vote.

What really frustrates me is baby boomer conservatives like my Dad who are strongly opposed to illegal immigration, but plan on voting for Rudy in the hope that he will put some blue states in play and veto socialized healthcare. They're pretty much resigned to the fact that the feds aren't going to do anything about illegal immigration in the forseeable future so they're drawing a line in the sand on socialized healthcare...
This does give us insight, though. I had not considered how big of an issue the socialized health care issue would be.
Romney had an interesting health care plan in Massachusetts. He may scare a few away. I would hope not. But, its possible.