Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If you really want to get your Senator's attention

If you really want to get your Senator's attention, go to his house and picket. You will not only get their attention but also their family, friends and neighbors. It's very simple. Just call City Hall and find out what permits you need. Would like your opinion on this.
    It is legal and will get a lot of news coverage.
    * <div>[b]<div>2000 people has visited http://www.dumpgloria.com/ in the last 3 months
    People who believes in God, America, The Bill Of Rights and Limited Government.
    </div>
    </div>

One of my senators (Senator Lugar) has not lived in the state he represents (Indiana)for the 30 years that he has been in Washington. Not only has he not lived in the state he represents for 30 years but he doesn't even come here to speak. I contacted his office a year ago and ask when he was going to be in Indiana and was told that he doesn't do that anymore, nor does he send anyone out here to speak to his constituents. Does this give a clue as to how important the citizens of Indiana are to him.

Sawdust,

Are you serious?
    He doesn't LIVE in the state he represents?
    I didn't know that could even happen!
    I must be naive!
    Does he not have home offices in your state?
    How does this guy keep getting elected?
    Unreal!

Well look at Hiliary Clinton. She has used the state of New York to get to where she wants to go. She has never really represented them; only a stepping stone to the presidency and these people feel for it!! New York should be ashamed of themselves to let this woman use them!!

Unfortunately, they still don't get it.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

He has offices in the state and keeps getting re-elected because this is a republican state and no one that would have a chance will run against him because they think they cannot win. Senator Bayh is a democrat and he was elected, I think because both him and his father were Govenor of the state, his father was Govenor of the state of Indiana for many years, so the name is familiar. I think alot of people who vote don't know who to vote for so they vote for the name that is familiar. What a shame!

Most of these representatives have themselves pretty well insulated from the constituent bass. I'm convinced that the only real personal protests that will affect them in their districts is those aimed at their financial supporters homes, and those of the the offspring of the reps and supporters.
    They deserve it at this point

I'll try your way though.
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

WHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust
    One of my senators (Senator Lugar) has not lived in the state he represents (Indiana)for the 30 years that he has been in Washington. Not only has he not lived in the state he represents for 30 years but he doesn't even come here to speak. I contacted his office a year ago and ask when he was going to be in Indiana and was told that he doesn't do that anymore, nor does he send anyone out here to speak to his constituents. Does this give a clue as to how important the citizens of Indiana are to him.
    How did he do that I would find-out some more information on this. Let us know.
    * <div>[b]<div>2000 people has visited http://www.dumpgloria.com/ in the last 3 months
    People who believes in God, America, The Bill Of Rights and Limited Government.
    </div>
    </div>

I imagine as long as you own property in the state you can say you live there. I must have emailed, phoned and faxed over a hundred times and did not get one response from him last year when they was debating the immigration bill. Finally one day when I called his office the lady said, "have you gotten a response from senator Lugar, I said, "No", so in order to console me on this issue they sent me a response supporting the lousy legislation. Senator Bayh is much better about sending responses. Not that I agree with what he has to say, but he does respond.

Picketing. Perhaps. However, there's a much better solution

Picketing. Sure, that's not a bad idea.

However, there's a much better solution.

Step (1) below is really very simple, though it proves to be very elusive.

Do the following ASAP (in the following order):
    (1) Stop rewarding irresponsible incumbent politicians; stop rewarding them by repeatedly re-electing them. Afterall, too many (if not all) of the FOR-SALE, bought-and-paid-for, irresponsible politicians are ignoring existing laws, enforcing laws selectively, ignoring the voters, and (despicably) pitting American citizens and illegal aliens against each other. The illegal immigration problem is just one of many facing the nation that will NEVER be resolved (satisfactorily) as long as too many voters continue to blindly pull the party-lever and continue to blindly reward irresponsible, corrupt politicians by repeatedly re-electing them.
    (2) Stop illegal employers (set up citizenship verification system, and prosecute and heavily fine the greedy, illegal employers of illegal aliens).
    (3) Secure the border. Homeland Security is a farce when the borders are wide open. Raising the minimum wage is a farce when cheap labor is flooding across the borders, and making greedy illegal employers wealthy from an underpaid underclass.[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust

i didnt think this was legal, i thought you had to have a residence in the state from which your seeking office.
    now i know the clintons moved onto long island after that left the big house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast