Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Quote Originally Posted by opinion
    Those illegals are just looking for sympathy. They, themselves don't want to be called "illegal immigrants" They call themselves just "immigrants" I think that the mistake in the letter was not making it clear that "illegal immigrants" can't vote. And now they are making a big deal out of it. Because if I received such letter, I would disregard it, I know I'm a citizen, and I have the right to vote, period.

This is bound to happen when the MSM continues to use inaccurate language in an attempt to be PC. Who can say what "immigrant" really means without going to a legal dictionary. Was the letter written using the PC everyday usage of "immigrant" which has undergone some conversion to replace "illegal alien" or the legal term. We need to hear some testimony now to determine what was said and meant.
    I have not seen how the letter was written, I'm just guessing that's what happened.

We need to hear some testimony now to determine what was said and meant.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    We need to hear some testimony now to determine what was said and meant.
    Let's face it, but the one responsible for those people here violating the law, and demanding rights they should not have, is the government. If you notice, in every travel agency, or lawyer's practices, they advertise,
    I.D.# FOR YOUR TAXES. That means that a person who is in this country without permission, can get an ID# to open bank accounts, and do income-tax. What is the message the government is giving them? That it is alright to come to this country without a visa.

Quote Originally Posted by opinion
    Those illegals are just looking for sympathy. They, themselves don't want to be called "illegal immigrants" They call themselves just "immigrants" I think that the mistake in the letter was not making it clear that "illegal immigrants" can't vote. And now they are making a big deal out of it. Because if I received such letter, I would disregard it, I know I'm a citizen, and I have the right to vote, period.
    I couldn't agree with you more. It is nothing except the illegals and the people who are all for them that is causing the problems and not someone who sent out a letter telling nothing but the truth.

GQ

dk2
    IMO If the government wants to pander to these non-English speaking people by printing seperate ballots for them so they can understand who they are voting for, they should also send flyers out written in English and spanish like the one mentioned in this thread. Maybe as a public service announcement to everyone. It's not like they aren't already wasting taxpayer money on less important projects.
    "See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." --Bush

Quote Originally Posted by dk2
    IMO If the government wants to pander to these non-English speaking people by printing seperate ballots for them so they can understand who they are voting for, they should also send flyers out written in English and spanish like the one mentioned in this thread. Maybe as a public service announcement to everyone. It's not like they aren't already wasting taxpayer money on less important projects.
    Can anyone post any picture they have of these Spanish-language U.S. ballots? I am not talking about election campaign materials or voter information material. I'm talking about an actual ballot. If you got one from your district, please share!
    Alia of the Knife

"I am a messenger from Muad'Dib. Poor Emperor. I'm afraid my brother won't be very pleased with you."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12