Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DS

"Illegal Aliens"

We are all angry, however,

This is just my own feeling - Since when have "illegal immigrants" become "illegal aliens"? I think the terminology is a blatant disgrace to humanity.

Why? The definition

al‧ien  /ˈeɪlyən, ˈeɪliən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[eyl-yuhn, ey-lee-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. a resident born in or belonging to another country who has not acquired citizenship by naturalization (distinguished from citizen).
    2. a foreigner.
    3. a person who has been estranged or excluded.
    4. a creature from outer space; extraterrestrial.
    –adjective 5. residing under a government or in a country other than that of one's birth without having or obtaining the status of citizenship there.
    6. belonging or relating to aliens: alien property.
    7. unlike one's own; strange; not belonging to one: alien speech.
    8. adverse; hostile; opposed (usually fol. by to or from): ideas alien to modern thinking.
    9. extraterrestrial.
    "We are not for any type or form of "AMNESTY"..We are a equal oppurtunity deporter. We will not discriminate against you due to your race/age/religion .. "

IIRC, ('illegal alien') is the terminology most used in US laws as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DS

a·li·en [ áyly?n, <file:///C:/encnet/features/dictionary/Pronounce.aspx?search=Alien>áylee ?n<file:///C:/encnet/features/dictionary/Pronounce.aspx?search=Alien> ]

noun (plural a·li·ens)

Definition:

1. extraterrestrial being: a being from another planet or another part of the universe, especially in works of science fiction

2. noncitizen resident of country: a citizen of a country other than the one he or she is currently in

3. outsider: somebody who does not belong to or does not feel accepted by a group or society

Yes I too looked it up, however, I think the term has been used loosely, at times, without thought, I have done this myself. I see it used with hate behind it and that's not what this is about.

MW
    Excerpt:

According to the United States government, “illegal alien” is the correct term for a person who has entered the United States illegally or is residing in the United States illegally after entering legally (for example, using a tourist visa and remaining after the visa expires). The United States Code refers to “illegal alien” and “illegal aliens” in many places [2]. The phrase “undocumented immigrant(s)’ is not used in the United States Code although “undocumented alien(s)” is employed. The United States government defines “Alien” as “Any person not a citizen or national of the United States” [3] or “An individual who is not a U.S. citizen or U.S. national” [4]. “Illegal Alien” is defined as “Also known as an ‘Undocumented Alien,’ is an alien who has entered the United States illegally and is deportable if apprehended, or an alien who entered the United States legally but who has fallen ‘out of status’ and is deportable” [5].
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration

Personally, I use the term "illegal immigrant" most of the time, but for those that desire to use the term "illegal alien" - go for it. I believe most people don't make a distinction between the two terms, because either is proper.

DS wrote:

Yes I too looked it up, however, I think the term has been used loosely, at times, without thought, I have done this myself. I see it used with hate behind it and that's not what this is about.
    For the record, I hate murderers, thieves, rapist, wife beaters, animal abusers, etc., but I don't hate anyone because of their nationality. As for law breakers, I'm an equal opportunity hater.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Still not getting it.

I mean, If I say "Illegal Immigration" Or "Illegal Alien" there is a extent of hate. I can only speak for myself and not others, which has been hard to do lately. I "hate" that people are allowed into my country unchecked. I "hate" that they are given a lot of benefits that are meant for citizens. I "hate" that I have to push "1" to speak in my own language, in my own country.

I could go on and on
    "We are not for any type or form of "AMNESTY"..We are a equal oppurtunity deporter. We will not discriminate against you due to your race/age/religion .. "

DS

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph
    Still not getting it.

I mean, If I say "Illegal Immigration" Or "Illegal Alien" there is a extent of hate. I can only speak for myself and not others, which has been hard to do lately. I "hate" that people are allowed into my country unchecked. I "hate" that they are given a lot of benefits that are meant for citizens. I "hate" that I have to push "1" to speak in my own language, in my own country.

I could go on and on
    I AGREE 100%, I could add so many things to this, I just have heard the statement used in a hateful way. I have used it to,( not with hate) this was just something to think about! OH I GET IT BELIEVE ME! When I worry about my teenage daughters all the time, luckily they have been taught who not to talk to or go with, but you never know with the influx of " Illegal Immigrants" in our little piece of America!

Illegal Aliens,
    1)Some one who Sneaks into another country with the purpose to take services from that country that they are not entitled to.

2)Someone who sneaks into a country with the intent of driving wages down and stealing jobs from citizens of that country.

3)Some who Sneaks into a country with the intent of getting a free education for their 5 children.

4)Someone who sneaks into a country then drinks and kills 14 Americans daily.

My definition.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

This is little off subject but, " I hate the Mayor of Loredo, TX calling the Minutemen human garbage".

I think he is hatefilled and needs to be reomoved from office.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    This is little off subject but, " I hate the Mayor of Loredo, TX calling the Minutemen human garbage".

I think he is hatefilled and needs to be reomoved from office.
    Works for me!
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast