Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This legal struggle has begun to resemble a football game. Shame on our government for allowing this to be fought in the judicial branch instead of the executive and legislative branches where it belongs.

xyz
    There was a case before the Supreme Court a few years ago where a woman was dealing drugs while living with her Grandmother.
    The Grandmother was evicted for crimes committed by the granddaughter..and the crimes were not committed in or near the apartment...
    I forget the case # but it should apply here also
    I will try to find the Case #
    I FOUND THE CASE..POSTED BELOW

xyz
    I found the Case..It might be applied to "criminal activity."
    Supreme Court Decision:
    DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN
    DEVELOPMENT v. RUCKER et al.
    http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/g ... ol=00-1770

Chief Justice Rehnquist delivered the opinion of the Court.
    With drug dealers "increasingly imposing a reign of terror on public and other federally assisted low-income housing tenants," Congress passed the Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1988. §5122, 102 Stat. 4301, 42 U. S. C. §11901(3) (1994 ed.). The Act, as later amended, provides that each "public housing agency shall utilize leases which ... provide that any criminal activity that threatens the health, safety, or right to peaceful enjoyment of the premises by other tenants or any drug-related criminal activity on or off such premises, engaged in by a public housing tenant, any member of the tenant's household, or any guest or other person under the tenant's control, shall be cause for termination of tenancy." 42 U. S. C. §1437d(l)(6) (1994 ed., Supp. V). Petitioners say that this statute requires lease terms that allow a local public housing authority to evict a tenant when a member of the tenant's household or a guest engages in drug-related criminal activity, regardless of whether the tenant knew, or had reason to know, of that activity. Respondents say it does not. We agree with petitioners.

Banned
    I told a member of the opposition last year that the battle just started

He was going on about how they are going to take over and our courts and the aclu and la raza would help them , I think it was right after the Hazelton defeat

I told him that the aclu and la raza didn't have enough lawyers to do the job

I told him cities and towns would just keep re writing the laws until they found the right wording and could make it stick

I think we are getting there now , in a few places anyway, Its just a matter of other localities latching on to the language that words in the
    ordinances

How refreshing , an elected official who actually has the will to stand up and protect the people whom he was elected to serve. Bravo, we need many more politicians who have the courage to do what's right. Should be a no brainer....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12