Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If your state has a motor voter registration process then you should firmly object to illegal aliens driving.

The National Voter Registration Act of 1993 (NVRA) throughout the state.

Provisions Of The NVRA

In addition to whatever other methods of voter registration which States offer, the Act requires states to provide the opportunity to apply to register to vote for federal elections by three means:

Section 5 of the Act requires states to provide individuals with the opportunity to register to vote at the same time that they apply for a driver's license or seek to renew a driver's license, and requires the State to forward the completed application to the appropriate state of local election official.

Section 7 of the Act requires states to offer voter registration opportunities at all offices that provide public assistance and all offices that provide state-funded programs primarily engaged in providing services to persons with disabilities. Each applicant for any of these services, renewal of services, or address changes must be provided with a voter registration form of a declination form as well as assistance in completing the form and forwarding the completed application to the appropriate state or local election official.

Section 6 of the Act provides that citizens can register to vote by mail using mail-in-forms developed by each state and the Election Assistance Commission.

More information
    http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/voting/nvra/activ_nvra.htm

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illegal immigrants can already vote in Illinois

I just called my county clerk office. They do not require or ask for any thing to prove you are a US citizen. You just say you are when you register and you can vote. They do not ask, they do not check. You only say you are.

They can already vote and probably do.

Here's another little tidbit I thought I'd share. I registered to vote when I turned 18, at that time my permanent residence was still my parents house.
    I've since moved out, to a new county in the same state. I changed my legal address on my license, filled out all of my change of address forms and went and got my voters reg changed for my new address.
    Now my dad still lives at my old address. Thank God.
    I get a new voters registration card at my home, and my dad gets one for me at his. That's right I get two voters reg cards. So I called the county for my old address and told them to stop sending those. They said I would have to fill it out on the card and send it in. I asked the lady how they could keep me from voting twice? She got very curt with me on the phone and said they would know. I said how, you don't know I've moved even after I told you I did? She just repeated herself and said send it in and hung up on me.
    Ok so here is my question, if I move and the address I was living in is now occupied by someone i didn't know, how am I going to receive the card to fill it out and send it in?
    And why should I they are sending me a new card to my new address right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12