Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

Illegals keep pouring in and jobs keep pouring out!

From the Raleigh N&O, Sunday, December 10, 2006:

250 to lose jobs at denim plant

Greensboro company to go from seven-day to five-day week

GREENSBORO - About 250 people will lose their jobs next month when Cone Denim dismisses a quarter of its work force, company officials said.

The company, competing in a market dominated by foreign-made jeans, will move from a seven-day to a five-day work week at its White Oak denim plant, said Delores Sides, a spokeswoman for Greensboro-based International Textile Group, Cone Denim's parent company.

"We announced to the employees last week that the plant would be moving to a different work schedule," Sides tole the News & Record of Greensboro.

International Textile believes the plant's survival will rest on high-end denim brands, such as Levi's, 7 For All Mankind and True Religion, Sides said.

The plant is 1.6 million square feet and was built in 1905. In March the company plans to close a department that produces yarn for cheaper denim that is more course than denim used in luxary brands.

The White Oak plant's history is producing high-end jeans will be an advantage over companies in other countries that tend to make lower-quality denim, Sides said.

In April, Cone Denim announced plans to open a 750-employee plant in Nicaragua. The company also has a production facility in Mexico, a hand in ventures in India and Turkey, and is building a plant in China
    And why can't those high-end jeans be made in North Carolina for shipment elsewhere (outside the country)? Oh that's right, I've almost forgot about the "cheap labor" issue.

This is absolutely ridiculous, Cone Denim is building a plant in China and will pay it's Chinese employees less than .50 cents an hour to make high-end jeans. Many of those same jeans will be shipped to American consumers and sold at the same price as those manufactured in the United States where the employees are making a much higher wage. This isn't about a plants survival, this is about corporate greed! Eventually there will be no more Cone Denim in Greensboro or the United States. The beginning of the end all started when they built their first facility in Mexico - now they are opening plants in China and Nicaragua. Thank you President Bush and the U.S. Congress for your continued efforts in destroying America's middle class with your global market agenda!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It seems to me if they are going to go "global" then there should be minimum "global" pricing and wages to compete with. People can survive in other countries on dirt poor wages because it doesn't cost as much to live there. I don't think they have to worry about property taxes and school taxes and all that. Our gas prices always go up and they say it's because of the compensation of the "global" market. 35 cents in some places and taxed to death in others. There's no fair competition when the rules are so far apart. It was enough in a "disposable" society to replace things once in awhile......but darn.....things have gotten so cheap nothing lasts at all! If there aren't going to be global standards there doesn't seem to be any way we stand a chance of surviving. There's a limit to the sacrifice we can make and survive. Even if we all lined up to work for 2 bucks an hour......we couldn't pay for food, let alone utilities, housing, clothes, medical care and travel expenses and everything else. Not to mention laws they have in place for the homeless and everything else. You can't just find a nice park and set up a tent community here! I mean is there even enough "government" land in which all the homeless are able to go to? Even with that there's still a fee to pay. I just don't know what they expect people to do. Hey......I'm all for share the wealth but atleast make it a fair playing field.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just read a story about Siemans closing two more plants in OH and shipping them off to Mexico.

Closing of Siemens plants leaves workers in 'total shock'
    http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/hp/co ... nside.html

Thousands cross every day. As long as that border remains wide open we are flapping in the wind...
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by AlturaCt
    I just read a story about Siemans closing two more plants in OH and shipping them off to Mexico.

Closing of Siemens plants leaves workers in 'total shock'
    http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/hp/co ... nside.html

Thousands cross every day. As long as that border remains wide open we are flapping in the wind...
    I just finished reading this article. It broke my heart, because my job required ordering their equipment, and I became friendly with alot of those people. Believe me, they didnt know this was coming. Maybe the 'higher ups' did, but not the regular workers. It makes me sick.

MORE GLOOM AND DOOM

MORE GLOOM AND DOOM

I do not know the source or validy of this letter. It was posted last week on the North County Times Web Page

--------------

BUSH’S BIGGEST CATASTROPHE – wrote on December 07, 2006 9:31 AM:"-

John Schuler (letter today) identified George W. Bush’s most catastrophic accomplishment: the destruction of the American economy.

Americans are merrily dancing on the deck of the Titanic, oblivious to what is going on below the water line. This ship is going to sink. In 2005 the US had a current account deficit in excess of $800 billion. That means Americans consumed $800 billion more goods and services than they produced.

A significant percentage of this figure is offshore production by US companies for American markets. The Bush administration, including the GOP Congress, shipped American factories, jobs and capital to China and India in such a rush, it created the “great rushing sound” of which Ross Perot spoke. This was accomplished by corporate lobbyists bribing Congress to pass special legislation and policies which would enrich unscrupulous profiteers to transfer our assets to foreign lands.

The US current account deficit as a percent of Gross Domestic Product is unprecedented. As more jobs and manufacturing are moved offshore, Americans become more dependent on foreign made goods. This year the deficit could reach $1 trillion.

The US pays its current account deficit by giving up ownership of its existing assets or wealth. Foreigners don't simply hold the $800 billion in cash. They use it to acquire US equities, real estate, bonds, and entire companies. Bush has sold our homeland to foreign capitalists, who have outsmarted him and the GOP Congress.

The federal budget is also in the red to the tune of about $450 billion. As Americans have ceased to save, the federal government is dependent on foreigners to lend it the money to operate and to wage war in the Middle East. Yesterday, with the release of the Iraq Study Group report on the Long Bush War, we learned for the first time that this war is going to cost us more than $2 trillion dollars. If we stay the course another two years, it will go to $3 trillion.

Actually, it is not going to cost us - it is going to cost our grandchildren and all future generations. This war is not being paid for with current dollars. It is being financed by China, India and Saudi Arabia, which are loaning us the dollars - but it must be paid back, or they will take charge of American equity markets and real property.

Never has the nation had such traitors as we now have in the White House. Never have the American people been sold out so cheaply by such traitors. John Schuler is the one who is re-writing history - not letter writer Douglas Crews.

The Japanese sank our Pacific fleet in Pearl Harbor on this date, Dec. 7, 1941, a day that lives in infamy.

George W. Bush sank the whole damn nation, a catastrophic accomplishment that will fascinate historians for centuries to come. Submitted 07dec-12:02am.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/12 ... _10_48.txt