Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My daughter's friend was taking computer programming and then changed to another computer course at the university. He learned that alot of computer jobs were out sourced so he did not get his degree but got a job in the computer industry. The only reason he could get that job was because he immigrated here from Russia and still speaks Russian fluently. The company he works for has programmers in a former Soviet Union country and they needed someone who can trouble shoot problems and speaks the language.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cousinsal
    There's probably a TON of loopholes for illegals. WE are probably paying for their education.
    We are certainly subsidizing their kids public educations, k-12 and college...

In my state, there's been a huge fight over this, and just recently our newly appointed attny. general (I'd like to say "liberal" AG, but it really does not matter, does it?) has come out with his royal edict that these "children" are due a subsidized (in-state tuition) college education the same as the child of someone whose great grandparents were born here.

What this in essence does, by the way, is says that some intern working at a state college's registrar's office is qualified to verify the authenticity of identity documents.

I had no idea these people went through the FBI documents school at Quantico, but I guess they do.

Tokie

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    My daughter's friend was taking computer programming and then changed to another computer course at the university. He learned that alot of computer jobs were out sourced so he did not get his degree but got a job in the computer industry. The only reason he could get that job was because he immigrated here from Russia and still speaks Russian fluently. The company he works for has programmers in a former Soviet Union country and they needed someone who can trouble shoot problems and speaks the language.
    Welcome to Amerika, Comrade!

Where I live, you cannot be hired as a public school teacher in any of the largest school districts if you are not "bi-lingual." While there are a lot of Russian, Ukranian, Armenian, etc., emigres here, the language the schools want is...another one.

Can you guess which one?

Tokie

I think I can answer this question pretty well since I practically live across the street and my half-sister attends MDC .

The reason they get in (according to her) is because their BRACE advisors (aka college liaisons in high school) pretty much tell MDC that those kids are here illegally and they are just given the "out-of-state" tuition, which doesn't include health insurance, deposits, whatever. These kids only need to show that they have completed high school in FL (and maybe other states, I'm not sure) and MDC takes care of the rest.

They don't get any aid (according to my half-sister, they check citizenship VERY, VERY closely there because they had too many cases of illegals taking federal funds in the past) unless they get some other scholarships outside of the school. My half-sister had to go back to MDC about 4 times just to get her citizenship checked because she didn't have an original copy (long story) on her. Apparently, MDC only lets in the illegals because they can milk them for money since they probably wouldn't be getting that much money from them if they were actually conscientious enough to not admit any illegals at all.

By the way, that college has teachers that barely speak any English. My sister came home one day fuming mad because her teacher couldn't explain a question without reverting to Spanish. Also, she says her World History class turned into "Cuban History" almost immediately after the semester began.

And then they wonder why kids in Miami have horrible scores in Geography...

Re: Illegals at Miami Dade College

They lie. Pure and simple. They use fake documentation.

I know a nursing "college" in California. They teach whatever the lowest type of nurse there is (Nursing assistant). Anyway, the majority of the students are latino and MOST of them are probably illegal yet the majority of students (something approaching 100%) get financial aid. From what I understand, the college is NOT responsible for verifying the students eligibility for financial aid. IOW, if ALL the documentation was faked, the college isn't responsible and still gets paid.

I'm betting WIA (Worker's Investment Act) is getting defrauded by illegals big time as well.

After reading about that girl who was deported back to Peru and talking to my daughter who also knows illegals that go to Miami Dade College I began to wonder how they are paying for it. These illegals are considered international students. As international students twelve credits in summer terms A ad B combined cost $3,022.00 and twelve credits in the spring term cost $3,150.00 and I don't think that those costs include mandatory medical insurance coverage. Refer to the link below for more information.

http://www.mdc.edu/internationalstudent ... oncost.asp

My question is how can they afford this? Also to be an international student you need to leave the United States and go back to your country of citizenship to get your F1 visa. You also need proof of ability to pay for tuition, books, and other necessaties such as school supplies, transportation, and personal items as well. This proof is not required for one semester but the entire time it takes to get your degree.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokenconservative
    Welcome to Amerika, Comrade!

Where I live, you cannot be hired as a public school teacher in any of the largest school districts if you are not "bi-lingual." While there are a lot of Russian, Ukranian, Armenian, etc., emigres here, the language the schools want is...another one.

Can you guess which one?

Tokie
    I have seen the massive explosion of Russian immigrants (legal or illegal) in my town! They almost out number white kids in the district! And of course we have the illegals from south of the border too....
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Most Europeans are required to take English in school as it is a language spoken in many countries around the world. Also they may keep their culture but once here they learn more English and speak it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Most Europeans are required to take English in school as it is a language spoken in many countries around the world. Also they may keep their culture but once here they learn more English and speak it.
    I agree most can speak English and good too! In Europe most do speak and understand it as well! Funny thing is English is the Second in world languages Mandarin Chinese is almost double to English! So why don't we accommodate the Chinese? But English as a second language about 800,000,000 million can speak it!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

I wrote to the ALCU about my case against Miami-Dade College. I hope they call me or write me back. I also e-mailed a lawyer. The lawyer said I had no case, but that's for y'all to decide on here, and I'm gonna go find me a better lawyer.... Here's my story on that horrid illegal sespool. I mean college. Sorry.

I went to Miami-Dade College on Feb 24 2005 to sign up for classes. I asked to be dually enrolled. Be in high school while going to college in my last year of high school. I was bascialy told to not come back unless I had an F1 Student visa from my country

My dad is a legal resident of the USA since the 1970's. Miami-Dade college policy says that if you have a legal guardian/parent in the USA and you are a dependant then you can pay in-state fees. We told the admissions lady back in 2005 that my dad was here legally and I was living with him. My mom was also here on a Visa at that time. The lady then still proceeded to tell me that I had to leave the country and get an F1 student visa.

Miami-Dade college then kept on sending me letters for a year for proof of my high school diploma and asking me to get an F1 visa for International Students. I kept on throwing out the letters after my original College visit to sign up for classes.

I read recently in the news papers about a girl from Peru getting in-state tuition at the same college. I also went to high school with people who are here illegally, and hispanic who go to Miami-Dade college without an International Student visa.

Also, I went back to Miami-Dade college today (Aug 29, 2007). I went straight to the registration/admissions office where I was told I had to pay, take the computer testing, and complete another application when I had an invoice and a reciept from my 2005 visit that I did all that already. Also, they told me that they deleted my file and student ID number from their computers. I then asked what I had to do to sign up for classes this year. The lady behind the counter, threw 2 completely different applications at me. She told me to fill them out and wait in line with the other appx 50 students, then proceeded to dissappear.
    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio" - Rodney Dangerfield

When Miami Dade College had their spring graduation President Jorge Bush was there. He spoke about the immigration reform that they were trying to pass through at the time. This seems like no coincidence to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast