Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ginger-snaps
    I wrote to the ALCU about my case against Miami-Dade College. I hope they call me or write me back. I also e-mailed a lawyer. The lawyer said I had no case, but that's for y'all to decide on here, and I'm gonna go find me a better lawyer.... Here's my story on that horrid illegal sespool. I mean college. Sorry.

I went to Miami-Dade College on Feb 24 2005 to sign up for classes. I asked to be dually enrolled. Be in high school while going to college in my last year of high school. I was bascialy told to not come back unless I had an F1 Student visa from my country

My dad is a legal resident of the USA since the 1970's. Miami-Dade college policy says that if you have a legal guardian/parent in the USA and you are a dependant then you can pay in-state fees. We told the admissions lady back in 2005 that my dad was here legally and I was living with him. My mom was also here on a Visa at that time. The lady then still proceeded to tell me that I had to leave the country and get an F1 student visa.

Miami-Dade college then kept on sending me letters for a year for proof of my high school diploma and asking me to get an F1 visa for International Students. I kept on throwing out the letters after my original College visit to sign up for classes.

I read recently in the news papers about a girl from Peru getting in-state tuition at the same college. I also went to high school with people who are here illegally, and hispanic who go to Miami-Dade college without an International Student visa.

Also, I went back to Miami-Dade college today (Aug 29, 2007). I went straight to the registration/admissions office where I was told I had to pay, take the computer testing, and complete another application when I had an invoice and a reciept from my 2005 visit that I did all that already. Also, they told me that they deleted my file and student ID number from their computers. I then asked what I had to do to sign up for classes this year. The lady behind the counter, threw 2 completely different applications at me. She told me to fill them out and wait in line with the other appx 50 students, then proceeded to dissappear.
    If your father has been a legal resident since the 1970s, why exactly doesn't he hold US citizenship? And why don't you for that matter?
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by BorderLegionnaire
    I have seen the massive explosion of Russian immigrants (legal or illegal) in my town! They almost out number white kids in the district! And of course we have the illegals from south of the border too....
    Let's not paint everyone with the same brush. I, for one, would welcome a vibrant Russian community establishing itself here if I could get rid of the illegal Hispanic one that's here.

Certainly there could be a handful of illegals among the Russians (visa overstayers most likely ) but we should assume the majority are legal immigrants primarily beccause it's terribly exhausting to swim here from Leningrad. Also most Russians, though not all, are "white".

The likely reason you are now seeing the "explosion" of (legal) Russian immigrants is that they are fleeing as fast as they can from cities where the illegals have brought crime and chaos.

Would it be possible with you to make friends with one of these refugees and find out just what kind of hell they had to go through to get here legally? If nothing else you could end up with some fantastic recipes for blintzes, etc.
    [i]“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.â€

Ginger Snap was born in Canada and her father lived on and off in Canada. He came to the United States as a child with his parents in the 70's. He has decided to stay in this country permanently and has applied for citizenship.

As for the Russians many are hardworking and yes there are illegals in the communities. I know alot about them as my parents are Eastern European. The majority of them do learn and speak English.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My friends had a friend come here from Belarus. She said it was manditory to learn english in school there. She spoke perfect english even though she has a strong accent.
    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio" - Rodney Dangerfield

NoIllegalsAllowed: My dad applied for his citizenship. Sept 11th he goes in for his test and interview. Since he had his green card from the 70's, he hasn't been in the country for 5 years straight which is needed to get citizenship. He finally stayed for 5 years straight and applied late last year for his citizenship.... I was born in Canada, so I'm not a citizen yet. I tried to get a visa and a green card back in 2003 but the American Embassy in Toroto denied my requests. Now I'm finally eligable to get my green card.... But still when I was here legally under my mother's visa back in 2005 MDC shouldn't have denied me going to school there and saying I had to get a visa when I was under my mom's visa. I'm still going after that school. I e-mailed 1 lawyer so far. He thinks it's ok for illegal hispanics to go to school without a visa, and it's ok they denied me because I'm from Canada.
    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio" - Rodney Dangerfield

ginger-snaps wrote
    Also, I went back to Miami-Dade college today (Aug 29, 2007). I went straight to the registration/admissions office where I was told I had to pay, take the computer testing, and complete another application when I had an invoice and a reciept from my 2005 visit that I did all that already. Also, they told me that they deleted my file and student ID number from their computers. I then asked what I had to do to sign up for classes this year. The lady behind the counter, threw 2 completely different applications at me. She told me to fill them out and wait in line with the other appx 50 students, then proceeded to dissappear.
    Ginger-snaps--THEY DELETED YOUR STUDENT NUMBER FROM THE DATABASE????? What happened to your grades for those previous classes taken?? I can tell you that I went to MDCC in the late 70s and early 80's. When I signed up, I was issued a student number. Years later, in 1999, my student number was REACTIVATED. I went on with the same student number to graduate in 2000. I can tell you that you should be able to sue the school for what they have done and what they are requiring you to do now. In essence, they are telling you that you have to completely start over becuase they accidently? deleted you and everything about you from their records--NO WAY I WOULD LET THAT SLIDE--GO GET THEM..AND NOW!!!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ginger-snaps
    NoIllegalsAllowed: My dad applied for his citizenship. Sept 11th he goes in for his test and interview. Since he had his green card from the 70's, he hasn't been in the country for 5 years straight which is needed to get citizenship. He finally stayed for 5 years straight and applied late last year for his citizenship.... I was born in Canada, so I'm not a citizen yet. I tried to get a visa and a green card back in 2003 but the American Embassy in Toroto denied my requests. Now I'm finally eligable to get my green card.... But still when I was here legally under my mother's visa back in 2005 MDC shouldn't have denied me going to school there and saying I had to get a visa when I was under my mom's visa. I'm still going after that school. I e-mailed 1 lawyer so far. He thinks it's ok for illegal hispanics to go to school without a visa, and it's ok they denied me because I'm from Canada.
    Don't let yourself be controlled by this double standard. I'm not a lawyer so I don't know if you have case, but I would look into the possibility of a lawsuit some more.

If you can't sue and the college gives you any more problems perhaps you need to get matricula card. Everyone is pre-approved and you can get it at your local fake document supplier. Don't pay more than $35 for one though. It works for social services and a get out of jail free card.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    ginger-snaps wrote
    Ginger-snaps--THEY DELETED YOUR STUDENT NUMBER FROM THE DATABASE????? What happened to your grades for those previous classes taken?? I can tell you that I went to MDCC in the late 70s and early 80's. When I signed up, I was issued a student number. Years later, in 1999, my student number was REACTIVATED. I went on with the same student number to graduate in 2000. I can tell you that you should be able to sue the school for what they have done and what they are requiring you to do now. In essence, they are telling you that you have to completely start over becuase they accidently? deleted you and everything about you from their records--NO WAY I WOULD LET THAT SLIDE--GO GET THEM..AND NOW!!!!!!

They deleted everything of me even though I paid the $20 for an ID card I never got. I took those computer placement tests too and passed them. They told me I had to pay and do everything over again meanwhile I had 2 pieces of paper prooving that I dad all that crap back in 2005.

I'm still waiting for ane-mail or a phone call back from the ACLU. I'm also looking into lawyers to sue MDC after 3 different things. 1. Discriminaton. 2. Not following their own policies. 3. deleting me "by accident".

Oh get a load of this too! I called up MDC asking them if they could pull my file up before I went there last week. I asked the lady if there was a department I could complain to. She said that I had to tell her my complaint before she gave me the Dean's ph#. Now they're screening complaints. That's nice. Really nice to know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123