Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"If I want to work in the US, that i do already, I have the full right to do so, same if I decide to work and live in any other part
    of this planet that was given to all animals, plants, human beings, no matter your skin color or religion. " -- Julio

"If human rights are universal, the right to decide where one wants to live and move there through one’s own resources doesn’t belong only to those born in America." -- Odessa American editorial

http://www.oaoa.com/opinion/crime_10480 ... human.html

Where is this idea coming from? I have seen it all over everywhere for probably a year now and it's becoming more and more prevalent. It started off when the illegals began saying, "All human beings are legal." Now, the editor of my local paper is saying it. The concept behind it is globalization, but why are so many people spouting it? Who's doing the teaching?
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

3) The world belongs to everybody, we all have to share this planet, we were all born here.
    This comment is one that I read so often from the Reconquistas and OBLs. And to a degree, it's absolutely true. But it's way too broad a statement, and here's my problem with it:

YES, we all share this planet. Mexico has it's share of the planet, Central America has it's share of the planet, the U.S. has its share of the planet, Australia has its share of the planet, Ireland has its share of the planet, Kenya has its share of the planet, Saudi Arabia has its share of the planet, China has its share of the planet, and so on and so on.

But NOBODY has the right to invade somebody else's share of this planet.

All my neighbors and I share our neighborhood. But just because my neighbors across the street from me have a larger and nicer house than I have, DOESN'T mean I have the right to invade their home and live in it. Yes, we all share the neighborhood, but our individual homes are OURS, and ours alone.

What comments like the above fail to recognize is that we're not just talking about space here...we're not just talking about air and land and lakes and rivers and mountains and trees. We're talking about societies and governments and infrastructures and cultures and economic systems. Nobody has the right to come in, without permission, and take part in another's share of this planet.

So YES, we do all share the planet. But that's only the half of it.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Judging by his attitude, he must be Mexican. It seems that they have the biggest "we owe them a living" type mentality.
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.

That's a very good comeback, Americangirl. I'll keep it in mind because I'm going to stir up some trouble over the editor's statement. I wonder why my editor is spouting Reconquista? He's not Hispanic.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

If I want to work in the US, that i do already, I have the full right to do so, same if I decide to work and live in any other part
    of this planet that was given to all animals, plants, human beings, no matter your skin color or religion.
    IF YOU ARE ILLEGAL- YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO WORK HERE!

You are just another illegal alien with ANOTHER ILLEGAL ALIEN RANT! All of you feel SO ENTITLED TO SOMETHING THAT JUST ISN'T YOURS!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"You Americans have no right to speak bad about illegal aliens who come here to work.

Yes, I work under the table, and will continue to do so because:

1 ) I need $ to support my sick mom for medicine to buy back home. "

Perhaps he should take his sorry little self back home and fight his government for the problems that he has with not having a liveable wage, etc. that would pay for medicine for his mom and others.

Hard working? Hardly, since they don't seem to think that their country has what it takes and are not willing to give of themselves to right that situation. Its so easy to "escape" and then blame it on the "cash cow" of the USA. We didn't create his countries problems, the citizens did, and still do if they won't fight their government for what they feel necessary to live a decent life.

I hardly feel sorry for anyone who does this slinking without doing anything about it back home. Sending money is not going to change anything, if anything it works against them. They have to have the "energy and want" to get changes made in their own countries. Stay out of our affairs, you have no business in them. Or stake. We foot this (USA) countries bills, you answer to us, no one else.

Great post American Girl. The people on this planet don't fly north for the summer and south for the winter (well....except for snow-birds )and move in mass across the globe to partake of Earths bountry. You just don't go and scarf the wealth and move on. Someone stays put to re-plant the crops and clean-up the mess made from the masses and no one goes through all that just for a new wave to come in and take it. Always reminds me of the "Little Red Hen" childrens story. Maybe it worked when there were few people on the planet.....but we aren't like that anymore. There are simply too many people to just roam and take and roam and take. I mean the way they talk....everyone should just come here and take to distruction and then where do we go?

It's definately globalization talk......but the way I see it there are crops and animals and areas where some things are that aren't in other places. Where we share. And other things which could made or done anywhere. There could be factories anyplace.....why can't the car people build cars in each country for the people in those countries and hire the people in those countries to do it? There is no reason for any country to have starvation and people living in abject poverty. There should be no means to bring a country to it knees either by holding back necessities for people with sanctions. Never before has that bothered me as much as it is now. As more and more people are trying to find SOMETHING...ANYTHING,,,not made in China. No one has ever had the control to shut off basic needs like China could do with us now. Not to mention political and "business" decisions make people across the world hate the citizens of a country who had no say in what those decisions were. You sure aren't going to get everyone singing around the campfire with that method.

People are supposed to come here with no rules....but we can't do the same. I mean is there an open border country for Americans to go to? No questions asked....no documentation necessary.....anything goes.....a country in which they are dying to have us all go in mass to where the citizens of those countries don't matter anymore and we will be catered to and given everything?

I mean maybe "globalization" is a wonderful thing to work towards but sure seems they put the cart before the horse on this one.

On a funny side note with all the business with preserving culture etc....some young girl.....African American....thought that it was un-fair Black people should be forced to wear clothes in public (baring weather issues) since thier culture goes nude. It's not their fault they are here....they were brought against their will It's just because of the "white people" who are to Puritan in their views who made people wear clothes to begin with. We are denying them their God given right to learn and practice their culture. I had to laugh.....but how far can it go? Swedes building ski slopes in the desert so they don't have to "give up a national sport"? (Being silly here.)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If this goon thinks that GOD is on HIS side, he is TRAGICALLY mistaken. God NEVER takes sides with those who BREAK JUST laws, and OUR laws AGAINST ILLEGAL immigration ARE just laws, because they are meant for EVERYONE'S protection, INCLUDING that of ILLEGALS! And as for that dastardly nonsense that NO human being is illegal, then NO human being in ANY OTHER country--including HIS country of origin--is illegal, either, EVEN if they are there ILLEGALLY. You CAN'T have it BOTH ways!

Fact 1:407,000 Americans died in World War 2--and much of the cause was protecting the Americas from invasion and enslavement by other cultures. Latin America --except Brazil--did practically nothing

Fact 2: Other major causes of global warming include Methane gas from livestock and CO2 from concrete production. Millions of people concentrated in seacoast cities cause serious pollution with their unprocessed sewage. Unregulated and poorly tuned motor vehicles pour enormous amounts of pollution into the air. Developed nation livestock scientists are working on ways to curb methane; what are other countries with big livestock herds doing?

Fact 3. Almost three billion Asians will soon be contributing far more pollution than 300 million Americans will. And our " real" population is 260 million.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LAS

Moral equivalence and Sophistry

Interesting to note that Julio's post reliis almost entirely on moral equivalence (right and wrong are what you rationalize them to be) and sophistry with no mention of law.

Note that most screeds in defense of the subject ALL use the same tactics.

Where did this come from--where are its roots? What happened to the rule of law, morals and standards? Look to academia.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast