Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

dk3

Illegals vote in NC

Just for curiosity, I called my local voter registration office. They told me that all one has to do to vote is fill out a form and swear to the truth of it all. She also told me it was ILLEGAL for them to ask if they were legal or not.

I'm calling all state reps and asking them WHY is this so.

Re: Illegals vote in NC

Quote Originally Posted by dk3
    Just for curiosity, I called my local voter registration office. They told me that all one has to do to vote is fill out a form and swear to the truth of it all. She also told me it was ILLEGAL for them to ask if they were legal or not.

allowing aliens to impersonate a U.S. citizenship is ILLEGAL -- and there is nothing in the Constitution that makes it illegal for anyone to ask whether they are citizens or foreigners

Amendment XXVI - Voting Age Set to 18 Years. Ratified 7/1/1971. History

1. The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

illegal voting is not protected under the Constitution

I hope you have better luck with the state than I have
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Its against the law to find out if someone is breaking the law? Then why have laws at all if its impossible to enforce them? I say we rent a bunch of vans, get INS and ICE magnetic signs and put them on the sides and back of them and park them outside voting stations everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Xianleather
    Its against the law to find out if someone is breaking the law? Then why have laws at all if its impossible to enforce them? I say we rent a bunch of vans, get INS and ICE magnetic signs and put them on the sides and back of them and park them outside voting stations everywhere.
    illegals can impersonate citizens and be granted immunity -- if you put signs on your automobiles, you'd be prosecuted and sent to prison for impersonating a federal agent

If you put "undocumented" in small print, it would be a disclaimer that you are not an official agent
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Some fuel for the fire.

18 USCS § 911: Whoever falsely and willfully represents himself to be a citizen of the United States shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

United States v Frederick (1943, DC Tex) 50 F Supp 769, affd (1944, CA5 Tex) 146 F2d 488, cert den (1945) 324 US 861, 89 L Ed 1418, 65 S Ct 866 (Alien who, in applying for and obtaining poll tax receipt, knowingly and falsely represented himself to be citizen of United States was guilty of offense under this section).

Excerpt from 25 Am Jur 2d Elections § 155 (citations omitted):

All qualified voters have a constitutionally protected right to vote, and generally every citizen has such a constitutionally protected right to participate in elections. However, United States citizenship is a valid and permissible criterion for determining who is allowed to vote, and the constitutional guarantees of voting rights are restricted to citizens, as are the protections afforded by federal statutory provisions. There is no constitutionally protected right for citizens of other countries to vote in elections.

A qualified elector status should be construed liberally in the spirit of involving as many citizens as possible in the election process. However, the naturalization of a United States citizen does not have the effect of automatically conferring on such person the right to vote in a particular jurisdiction. The exclusion of a citizen, who can demonstrate that he or she lives in the relevant political jurisdiction, from the franchise to vote is subject to strict scrutiny, and will only be upheld upon a showing of a compelling state interest. The right of citizens to vote is perhaps the most basic and cherished right of our democratic system, and a court must construe the voting laws in order to effectuate the legislative purpose of protecting and furthering a citizen's right to vote, so long as the sanctity of the election process is preserved.

Where any reasonable construction of an election statute can be found which will avoid the wholesale disenfranchisement of qualified electors through no fault of their own, the courts should and will favor it.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

It seems the only people in this contry that have to follow the law are the American tax paying citizens .

I don't think it will change once they make them legal either. They still won't obey the law. The mexican government won't allow it. A gal that works at the jail here told me they can't do anything even if they are here legally, hands are still tied.

None of the laws that we have to abide by pertain to the illegals It seems that they can just do whatever, whenever they want, including driving drunk on fake driver's licenses, committing welfare fraud, ID theft, Social Security Fraud, using fradulent documents to obtain loans, etc, etc, etc. Let one of us LEGAL CITIZENS do all the bad things that illegals do and we get locked up, no if's, and's, or but's about it! And if they DO decide to prosecute one of the illegals for their crimes, we, the tax payers, get to PAY for THEIR defense! . American tax payers get screwed every way we turn and our government just worries about the "12 million" illegals already here .
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Who is in control?

This country is now Estados Unidos de Mexico. The government in DC is a defacto Mexican government as it no longer cares about or recognizes U.S. citizens. It exists to kiss the buttocks and serve illegal aliens at the behest of our new President Vincente Fox through his treasonous brother Vice President Vincente Bush. When elected frauds as Rep Gutierrez of Illinois convene citizen workshops which are a backdoor to register illegal aliens to vote, we know the end of the country can't be too far off. When millions of illegal aliens vote the efforts of American citizens won't count as we know illegal aliens will vote many times using different ID's resulting in multiple votes. This government doesn't care and won't do a thing which is why this country is going to hades in a hand basket. The irony of all this is that pro-illegal alien politicians will be shunned by the very faction they are pandering to for votes. The future will prove to be a very interesting one.

Re: Illegals vote in NC

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3

allowing aliens to impersonate a U.S. citizenship is ILLEGAL -- and there is nothing in the Constitution that makes it illegal for anyone to ask whether they are citizens or foreigners

Amendment XXVI - Voting Age Set to 18 Years. Ratified 7/1/1971. History

1. The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

illegal voting is not protected under the Constitution

I hope you have better luck with the state than I have
    Mamie,
    My supervisor of elections told me the same thing about not being able to ASK if they are legal citizens/telling the truth AND they cannot personally challenge anyone's voter status. They have to take their word for it. I was told there is a federal law that prevents this. WE can challenge a person's voter status...but you will also be asked to "give a reason." It does not necessarily have to be "proof" but you must give a reason....and then the judges (which is what they call those checking people in) get to vote on whether or not to accept your challenge. If they do, the voter gets a provisional ballot which is counted only when status is verified. That's what I was told anyway (by Supervisor of elections).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast