Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegals Walked In, and They Can Walk Out

Illegals Walked In, and They Can Walk Out (Rep. Virgil Goode)

Posted By Va. GOP Rep. Virgil Goode On 14th August 2007 @ 10:43

We already should have been doing more on border security. The fence needs to go up promptly. Employer enforcement needs to continue. It is past time for the administration to stop the invasion along our southern border. Illegal immigration costs this country tens of billions of dollars per year. There must not be any aroma of any kind of amnesty in any legislation. Amnesty is any form encourages more illegal entry. Many illegals walked in, and they can walk out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from The Hill Blog: http://blog.thehill.com

URL to article: http://blog.thehill.com/2007/08/14/ille ... gil-goode/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Enforcement - real enforcement needs to begin.

It hasn't begun yet.

People just imagine that you are a business owner - you have thousands of people working for you. You are warned by the government that within 90 days 3/4 of your workforce has to be replaced. What would you be doing?

Would you be sitting around like Tyson's saying, I'm not worried my workforce is OK?

Or would you fire the employees you know for sure (which is most of them) that are going to be caught and begin replacing them with workers that are legal - we are talking Americans.

Would you wait until the day they have to be replaced and then have the problem of hiring and training new workers.

I don't think so - that's why I don't thing there is any real enforcement and I don't think there will be.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

People just imagine that you are a business owner - you have thousands of people working for you. You are warned by the government that within 90 days 3/4 of your workforce has to be replaced. What would you be doing?
    Running employment ads, listing at the unemployment office, temp agencies, prison parole system for convicted felons that need a job... flood the front office with new applicants. Most importantly, raise wages.

I was systematically and quickly replace my workforce. Every time I got a new guy, I would loose an illegal.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Running employment ads, listing at the unemployment office, temp agencies, prison parole system for convicted felons that need a job... flood the front office with new applicants. Most importantly, raise wages.

I was systematically and quickly replace my workforce. Every time I got a new guy, I would loose an illegal.

Dixie
    Advertise at HS's and college campuses. Where I am, many teens and young adults can't find a job of any sort. Try to find retirees who may want to work part time. Ask at homeless shelters and homes for battered women if they have any clients who would be reliable employees and need an opportunity to get back on their feet. This country has tons of people who are unemployed or under-employed. If these businesses offer a fair wage I would be real surprised if they can't fill their ranks with American workers.

Dixie and Camille, that's what a business owner would do who actually feared loosing his work force. That's not what these seem to be doing - at least I haven't heard of any huge number of ads, etc.

No matter how corrupt they might be, these owners operate their business for the best profit and that would not mean waiting until the last minute to do something to keep their company running.

That's why I think they are not at all concerned about loosing any workers. I think they have been assured there is a loophole for them.
    Possibly, many of them already have their illegal workforce transformed into legal visa workers.

Things are not adding up -

I agree, loopholes will probably be found. Business owners are too hooked into their profits and too afraid of retribution themselves by their workers, I' m sure. Americans for the most part are just such total whiners.

But I also think they're just plain freeking lazy. This whole thing just leads to cheating and complacency. If you can hire cheaper workers, there is NO need to innnovate and provide a better product, because you can continue to provide a lesser product at the same or even lower price!

The whole thing just stinks so badly -- so unAmerican. I hope these business owners just rot in hell for it, I'm sorry.

Yes, it is laziness - mostly greed.

It is just when you have such an unholy alliance as we have now with business and government, we have a hard row to hoe. The business owners, through their lackeys (our politicians) are not giving up that fast.
    It just doesn't happen.

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Its pretty clear that Boosh doesn't want that fence built! His deals he made against the interest of "We the people" doesn't say increase border security and curb illegal immigration!

Wasn't there a 2006 bill that congress passed to have this said fence built with the money too?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01912.html
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul