Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Downside is all Presidents in recent history are to scared to use their actual power. The President has massive amounts of power which grows a 100x fold if used for the Citizens. Its power comes from the citizens as well. Sure let the courts try and get involved, noone can really stop it until the SC. Let the legislature get involved... we know they won't ever agree at least until the dems see their illegal panders won't be around next year to vote for them.

One man with all the power may sound very harsh but if that power is backed by the people is it so wrong? Laws are established to keep the preverbial loaded gun in the right direction, long as you don't try and turn it your only enforcing the already established will of the people, and if you do try and turn it your power quickly goes away because the people are the ammo.

Immigrants aren’t going home; make them citizens
    Like hell they aren't going home! They will leave on their own or they will be forced out in a manner that is in accordance with the law. One way or the other, they will be going home.

I’m sick and tired of their side giving ultimatums and making threats!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]Solving the “What do we do about all these people?â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Banned

Re: Immigrants aren't going home; make them citizens

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday
    I agree that our nation allows a flood of humans to enter and that the uncontrolled flood is the root of our problem, but controlling the border is only part of the answer. Americans need to figure out what to do with the flood of people who are here and, unless we round them up and ship them out, they are likely going to stay in the United States.

I don’t approve of breaking the law, but shipping millions of people home is not practical. It would break our nation, and the hardship it would impose on immigrant families is more than many Americans would endure if they were in the same position.

We need a legal path to citizenship. We could devise that path at the same time we figure out how to secure our border.
    IF OUR LAWS WERE ENFORCED, ILLEGALS WOULD SELF DEPORT!!! THEY CHOSE TO COME HERE ILLEGALLY, THEY PAID TO COME HERE ILLEGALLY, THEY CAN AND WILL GET THEMSELVES OUT OF HERE IF OUR LAWS WERE ENFORCED AND THERE WERE CONSEQUENCES FOR BEING HERE ILLEGALLY!

We need a legal path to citizenship. We could devise that path at the same time we figure out how to secure our border.
    Like JamesW said, this is the exact thing that happened in 1986. We were promised border security and more enforcement for amnesty. We'll, the amnesty happened but the rest didn't. Personally, I don't support any sort of amnesty deal, none! Even if I did, our government couldn't be trusted on such a tenuous issue.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12