Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigrant's gamble pays off - Oscar Vazquez By Richard Rue

Immigrant's gamble pays off - Oscar Vazquez

By Richard Ruelas
    The Arizona Republic

This illegal immigrant went back to Mexico.

After Oscar Vazquez graduated from Arizona State University with an engineering degree, he left his wife and baby daughter in Phoenix and returned to the country he left at age 12. He was tired of waiting for promised government reform and figured he could make his own case to return. It was a gamble that put him at risk of being barred from the United States for a decade.

The government said no twice, placing more hoops in his path. But 10 days after his story appeared in The Republic, the government granted him a waiver. He entered the country legally in late August, crossing at El Paso.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... z19WmcG8w6

One of Arizona's top people of 2010
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Good for him. He came here illegally as a child so really thats not his fault. When capable he went for even after some reluctance to do it the proper way. Sure it took a news article to get him through but I'll support the fact that he stood up and tried to remedy himself and fix the situation the legal way vs crying for handouts of dream acts.

Now of course we can't afford to do this for many illegals let alone all but for the odd one who stands aside from the whine of the illegal community and tries to get it done proper I'll support that.