Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
Please realize that all these politicians that are anti-illegal immigration have just been let loose on society. As I type, they are securing positions as lobbyist and being invited to speak publicly. They may be out of office but they are not out of the fight. I can only hope that they rise to the occasion and that they keep fanning the flames. Even better, I hope they throw their hat in with groups like us/Alipac.

CG,

Your right about the political revolution. Status quo is unacceptable and everyone of us need to make that clear to our representatives. The Internet has changed the way campaigns will be run in the future. It has given the average person a valuable tool for dealing with their elected officials.

Dixie
Yes, but unfortunately, it has not resulted in meaningful change. All it has accomplished so far is to make the disdain the elected elite have for their constituents more obvious and caused them to shift to even more deceitful tactics. The problem has never been ack of access or lack of communication, but rather lack of control. The average American can only threaten. The billionaires and corporate and banking moguls can make meaningful threats but, more importantly, they can reward. That's why these politicos move directly from elected office into cushy executive or consulting positions paying exorbitant salaries while requiring little or no actual work. And for the few honest politicians who refuse to be bought, these same powers can cause all sorts of personal, business, and legal problems if they so choose. So even when we band together we have little coercive power. That's why we need to get deeper into the process and try to get at least a minority caucus of unified "untouchables" elected who can gum up the works when necessary and hold the majority's feet to the fire when necessary.